New star trek theory

Skimyoung

Report this Jul. 09 2011, 5:05 pm

I don't know about you all but I would love to have a new star trek series. My hope for a new saga would be the series concentrating on a Borg and Starfleet war. It would be in the future with the federation now more advanced and a threat to the borg. It would go over the beginnings of the Borg how they were started. The war would be fought in the alpha quadrant and all the federated planets and species would be allied with humans. The Borg of course would be advanced as well and have a transwarp hub connected from there territory in space. The war would be waged with new ships from both sides it would go more into the Borg technology and human technology. Of course this is just a rough theory.

Peach92

Report this Jul. 10 2011, 5:47 am

I think they could totally reimagine the original. JJ Abrams already took the first step with the new movie. He created an alternate reality for the characters we know and love. Therefore, he has opened up a whole world of possibilities for other writers to reshape these characters in their own ways without having the pressure of fitting in with the rules that the original series layed out. I think there is a lot of potential in reimagining the original for a new generation. It definitly worked for Battlestar Galactica.

HisRoyalHighnessTheKing

Report this Jul. 12 2011, 9:53 pm

Fanboyish

roofermann

Report this Jul. 17 2011, 10:57 am

A new series would be great! Maybe something set in the time betwee STE and TOS

actualizeRx

Report this Jul. 17 2011, 8:45 pm

I'd tell you my ideas, but they're "mine"(there is actually no such thing as "intellectual property" that is not an undeniable fact of a person's local circumstance--principles and facts, dramatic and otherwise, belong to no one. But I'm not about to be buried by the all seeing eye.)... and I'm actually making use of them

In short: "star trek" as we currently understand it is over, simply because star trek is about the future.

As for a new way of looking at not just star trek, but everything in this world, you can bet your butt it's on it's way .

HisRoyalHighnessTheKing

Report this Jul. 17 2011, 11:18 pm

You're so welcoming to new posters HRH.

Honesty is one of my virtues.

Geralt

Report this Jul. 18 2011, 2:12 pm

I wouldn't mind a series set after TNG.

SLagonia

Report this Jul. 30 2011, 2:05 am

This isn't a series idea, really.  There's nothing here to comment on.  What would the show actually be about?  You make it sound like a documentary.

"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

tjthegreatest

Report this Jul. 30 2011, 9:46 am

I would be interested to see the Romulan Wars set after the Enterprise series. This series would further concentrate on the growing relationship between Vulcan and Earth while Earth deals with the Romulan threat.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jul. 30 2011, 10:56 am

tjthegreatest

Report this Jul. 30 2011, 1:25 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jul. 30 2011, 10:56 am

>I don't want a Star Trek show that focuses on war right out of the gate. DS9 and ENT both had their shows start the usual way, with standalone episodes that helped define the cast of characters and their surroundings. Once the crew was familiar and we were invested in them, THEN the stakes got higher.

>I'm all for the romulan war on tv, but there needs to be more than just constant fighting going on. Even during the Xindi arc the pulled off some other stuff to do. Same for a Bord War show. But as for the Borg, what more can you do with them, specially since Janeway dealt a vicious blow, canon wise? Where else do they evolve, motivation-wise? Pure revenge against the Federation? Not very Borg-like to me...

I definately agree the characters should be defined and the show should not begin focused on the war-Romulan or otherwise. But the Romulan Wars is something I would like to see portrayed. It could even be done as a mini-series with a more experienced Enterprise crew from the Archer era. It would be interesting to see Earth face this threat while nuturing its relationship with its new "allies" in exploration. They are not yet the Federation, but that relationship is growing as they face mutual threats. It may even be that the existance of the Federation is a direct result of the Romulan threat. It was a catalyst in getting the Tellarites and Andorians talking.

rob39874

Report this Jul. 31 2011, 3:53 am

Although I would like to see a show after TNG I would also like to see it from  another species point of view for example A Romulan Crew or maybe a entirely new species. After all we have seen enough of the Klingons and Ferengi and humans so a new perspective would push the envelope

ruledo

Report this Jul. 31 2011, 9:23 am

Wow a show based on a different species but keeping faithful to Star Trek. I am a totally traditional person, but I found this to be a rather exciting idea!! Maybe they could throw one human in the mix. haha Let's hope "the powers that be" are reading....

my only thoughts on Romulans and Vulcans is they are emotionless. I am not sure how that would play out for a long-term series, but then I am not a writer.lol

DRhammy

Report this Jul. 31 2011, 5:30 pm

I would love to see a show from a Romulan point of view.

Oh and Long live Donatra.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jul. 31 2011, 6:07 pm

Quote: tjthegreatest @ Jul. 30 2011, 1:25 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jul. 30 2011, 10:56 am

Oh how I wish ENTERPRISE had lasted at least 2 more seasons! Season 4 was an example of what the show should have been all along! The perfect mix of new concepts for this show, and enough context from TOS to show that it was a precursor. Who needs Ferengi in ENT?!?!