Star Trek's 50th Anniversary

annede54

Report this Jun. 25 2011, 1:32 pm

Does anyone know if plans are being made for the 50th year? If so, how does one go about finding out?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jul. 10 2011, 12:09 pm

Hopefully they'll start a new series.

CO_Fowler

Report this Jul. 26 2011, 11:09 pm

Now that one would/should be a good one    maybe if I start planning now I might actaully make that one LOL

batman4oz

Report this Jul. 29 2011, 12:56 pm

But just think of who may NOT be there...we are Not getting any younger, you know!  So...I intend to go to the 45th.  Just in case I an Dead for the 50th!

Gaynor_von_Minct

Report this Aug. 01 2011, 5:34 am

The 2009 crew could headline the con in 5 years.

Sora

Report this Aug. 02 2011, 1:58 pm

I would hope for a new series. But I'm skeptical. No insult intended, but fans have found something to complain about in every series short of TOS.

They complained TNG wasn't enough like TOS, and then it was DS9 is too boring, too dark, too gritty, etc... then it was Voyager is too much like TNG, and then it was Enterprise is too much like TNG and Voyager and Archer is too much like Bush etc....from what I've been able to see, fans just always seem to manage to find ways to ruin a great Star Trek series.

Voyager could've been better if there had been more fan support. Enterprise was already amazing and wouldn't have been canceled if there had been fan support.

I've heard nearly every answer and explanation under the sun as to what caused Trek's decline, but the bottom line is, the fans are the ones, who in the end, are responsible for keeping it going. And the fans gave up.

Instead of just enjoying the show as a show, people began just trying to find something wrong with the series.

But then after Enterprise was canceled, we went 4 years with no Trek. Then came Star Trek 2009, which I think part of it's popularity was because there was 4 years of nothing. Which is the same reason why I believe Star Trek 2/12 will be popular next year when it comes out. Another 3 years of nothing.

I've come to find, the fans tend to be far less nit picky when they've had to wait a long time.

So in that respect, I hope Star Trek remains in film form, because I fear if we get another series, a group of disgruntled fans will just find a way to ruin it.

Now obviously not every fan is like this. In fact I think there's more fans who love all of Trek than don't. But the ones who don't, tend to be more vocal, and in result, their numbers appear larger.

Just my two cents. But I do look foreword to the 50th anniversary regardless.

JennyBGoode

Report this Aug. 02 2011, 3:28 pm

AS SOON AS ANYBODY KNOWS ABOUT THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY CONVENTION, LET ME KNOW!!!! I haven't been to a convention since I was...like six.

And I totally agree to the discontinuation of any further television series editions of Star Trek... I've just finished the process of watching all of them, from the original series to the new Enterprise, interspersed with the films, all in the correct chronological order, and with the exception of the films, Star Trek is losing it's panache!