WTF were they thinking?!

Mirror Founder

Report this Jun. 23 2011, 6:35 pm

This is an ad from KIA regarding dual zone air conditioning...

Posted Image

I

Report this Jun. 23 2011, 6:38 pm

What's that got to do with a car?

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 23 2011, 8:34 pm

Some marketing agent's getting FIRED.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 23 2011, 8:46 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Some marketing agent's getting FIRED.

>On the other hand, this might have been a very clever statement on gender politics.

Should I report him?

To whom?? I was talking about the person who made the ad.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Mirror Founder

Report this Jun. 23 2011, 9:02 pm

If whoever that was wants to report me then he/she is absolutely free to do so.

wissa

Report this Jun. 23 2011, 9:51 pm

it's funny.  Have no idea what it has to do with cars.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Mirror Founder

Report this Jun. 23 2011, 10:14 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>If whoever that was wants to report me then he/she is absolutely free to do so.

If he reports you and you get banned then will you be saying that?

I don't see that I've done anything that is ban-worthy but hypothetically speaking if I were to be banned I would not be bothered by it.

lligevets

Report this Jun. 24 2011, 5:09 am

I found the ad funny although inappropriate for car sales. As far as the troll problem not so funny.

Most of us are adults here and act as such while others are still small-minded children with little sense of humor.

JOYOFVGR

Report this Jun. 24 2011, 5:10 am

Quote: wissa @ Jun. 23 2011, 9:51 pm

>  it's funny.  Have no idea what it has to do with cars.

Look at the ad at the bottom of the page. It says "A different temperature on each side." The ad was supposed to show innocence on one side versus "heat" on the other. However it came off like the teacher is a perverted pedophile.

Anyway, I have dual air conditioning in my car and I like it. My husband keeps the airconditioning on his side on high and I keep my side on very low. The car still ends up chilling, but at least that cold air doesn't blow on me.

I like everybody, even the people I don't like. They make things interesting. ;) Trying to get into the Nexus? Use this link: http://s13.zetaboards.com/NexusTrek/index/

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 24 2011, 6:07 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Jun. 24 2011, 5:10 am

Quote: wissa @ Jun. 23 2011, 9:51 pm

>  it's funny.  Have no idea what it has to do with cars.

I'd have to say that particular teacher is a perverted paedophile!

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 24 2011, 10:59 am

Well while I can see what the Ad is trying to convey, I think they have completely lost sight about the fact they have conveyed much more than they intended. BIG ooopsy. How did it even get cleared? Has everyone gone mad?

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."