Would you help picard

tribblenator999

Report this Jun. 18 2011, 2:59 pm

Let's say you're trapped in the nexus enjoying your hearts desire when this old bald guy in space pajamas appears and asks you to go back with him to save this planet that has millions of people you've never heard of and to stop this old geezer from destroying it. WHAT WOULD YOUR RESPONSE BE TO THIS OLD BALD MAN?

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 18 2011, 5:58 pm

Who's to say the Nexus wouldn't include such adventures for those who really enjoy them?

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Chech'tluth

Report this Jun. 18 2011, 8:35 pm

Because everything in the nexus is fake. And to do it for real is, well, just simply 'fun'.

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 18 2011, 9:57 pm

Like a never-ending holosuite, right?

Yeah I think Kirk would because he's a "make a difference" kind of guy -- and I think he enjoys action more than he does contentment.

Me?? I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to the action, save the worldy kind of stuff. So.... I doubt Picard would ever ask.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Chech'tluth

Report this Jun. 18 2011, 10:06 pm

Yea lol. It sorta mirrors the tng episode with Barkely and his holodeck addiction. But I can respect contentment, but for me I would want some real action at some point... maybe not as quick to leave the nexus as Kirk but... time doesn't exist there anyway heh.  I think I could hang out there for a couple earth months idk maybe longer, but i'd still want some of the real deal eventually.

konarciq

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 6:30 am

Provided he could convince me that he´s telling the truth, knowing myself there is a good chance I would go with him, yes.

Question; what is the nexus? Kind of a grand holosuit or something?

tribblenator999

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 8:03 am

I'd be like why would you need help taking down a old geezer. lol

captain saavik

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 10:36 am

I would! I'd have loved to have helped picard defeat that man that wanted to kill my second favorite captain.

2takesfrakes

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 11:11 am

I would have told him:

Listen here, OLD, BALD MAN in space pajamas,
trying to stop this old geezer from destroying
this planet that has millions of people I never
heard of! You're DISMISSED! That's right ...

OLD, BALD MAN!!!

spockyy123

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 1:33 pm

oh yes please because i wouldn't let millions of inasent people die for doing nothing and i would help a bauld ma of course

To william shatner and the rest of the star trek gang i love you all and i want you all back for one more film for the new 2012 star trek is coming out soon and i would be happy that you all were in the new film this is from josua parish

captain saavik

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 2:45 pm

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 7:02 pm

Quote: captain saavik @ Jun. 19 2011, 2:45 pm

>hunny why you gotta call him an old bald man he's just seasoned like a good well used skillet at your grand mother's house you know what I mean?

I'm not sure I want to know what you mean.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

tribblenator999

Report this Jun. 20 2011, 6:18 am

Jim Kirk

Report this Jun. 20 2011, 2:21 pm

How do we know Picard actually left the Nexus.  If I understand it right he is still in the nexus and so is Kirk.  The Nexus didn't bring them back to the real veridian 3 it brought them to the nexus version of Veridian 3.   Like Kirk's house and Picard's party its all fake and they are both still in the Nexus.

if I am wrong please explain.

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 20 2011, 4:48 pm

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Jun. 20 2011, 6:18 am

>well i'd be like couldn't i go back to the enterprise-b and phaser soran in the head while he was in sickbay?

There are a lot of better points you could go to: Even just to that reception in Ten Forward where Soran and Picard first meet. You could head over there and stick him straight in the brig, or at least some time before the Enterprise crashed.

@Jim Kirk. You are right. It is fake. It's a movie.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?