Your favorite Lady hero

megan512

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 4:24 pm

River Tam. She kicks everyone's butt in Serenity!

lligevets

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 8:45 pm

I’m having a tuff time voting for the best (working from the movies)

Aeon I didn’t much like the movie.

Laras big boob bouncing hard to watch anything else on the screen movie

# 6 I watched some of the movie a few weeks ago although was interrupted.

So this leaves me with Tam,Selene, Alice, Riply, The bride, and Sarah

Tam was an excellent fighting machine and a little wacky

Selene extremely sexy fighting vampire in leather

Alice from my top zombie movies of all time

Ripley from my top movies of all time

The bride another top movie of mine revenge is sweet.

Sarah the best regular person thrown into the end of the world sagas

Tam was great and she kicks some series booty but I like Resident Evil much more than Serenity. Selene makes one of the best vampires I’ve seen and the movies are well done but I’ll have to say I liked resident Evil more than Underworld. Which brings me to Ripley she fought off the aliens with her wits and courage surpassing the special trained military unit I loved the movies and her sense of never giving up. Kill bill was a great revenge movie the bride was incredible with a sword I would still choose Alice over her. Finely I get to Sarah she was a great character strong and resilient but I like the Alice character more than Sarah although not to be confused with likening one movie over another. This brings me to Alice or Ripley  hmmmmmm

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 8:48 pm

Good poll. I'll have to give it some thought. Not any of the above, I don't think but for now the ones that come to mind: Kira Nerys from DS9 of course, and also I really liked Ayla in Clan of the Cave Bear (book, not movie) but was disappointed with its sequel, Valley of the Horses.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 3:44 am

Alice of Res Evil!

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

Vicsage

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 4:11 am

Barbarella, excellent fashion sense.

No response must mean you all agree.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 4:16 am

Out of that list, I have to say Sarah Connor.  I just got done watching the "Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles" and couldn't stop thinking of what she was doing in preparing her child - teaching him the skills necessary to fight and lead.  Her self sacrifice makes her a hero in my books.

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 6:12 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Which Sarah Connor though, Linda Hamilton or Lena Headey?

Good point. And is it Terminator 1 Linda Hamilton or Terminator 2 Linda Hamilton? -- cos they seemed like completely different characters too.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

konarciq

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 7:23 am

konarciq

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 7:42 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Um... who are these people? Lara Croft is no more than a name for me, the rest I´ve never even heard of.

>My favourite lady hero would be Mma Ramotswe from The No. 1 Ladies´ Detective Agency

Never heard of it. With a title like that and lack of sensationalistic style and originality it must be a book or a BBC production

Both, actually. Though the character was portrayed by an American: Jill Scott.

Kornula

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 9:59 am

sonofspock1

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 6:39 pm

Ripley.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 6:43 pm

Agent 99

sonofspock1

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 6:47 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>13

OK ENLIGHTEN ME

Olivia Wilde from House? Just a guess...

"I'm going to count to three, and then I'm going to move the coin."

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 6:54 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>One i forgot in that vein was the Agatha Christie's Miss Marple series. She was definitely a classic but subtle hero

Oh yes thanks for that one, Jack. Slightly more of a Poirot fan meself, but would never have thought to include Miss Marple in all of this. She's great. And Agatha Christie was a fantastic writer.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

sonofspock1

Report this Jun. 19 2011, 6:55 pm

Sarah Jane Smith. Lis Sladen may be gone, but she'll never be forgotten.