Besides humans, which Star Trek species would you like to be? Why?

sweatervested1

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 9:07 am

I would be a Founder. To be able to change into anything, would be awesome. I don't know why, but I am always drawn to the Founders for some reason. The Founders Rule! Had the worm hole aliens let our reinforcements through, you would all be speaking Dominion! Long Live the Dominion! I think we all know that The Founders would kick the Borg's ass if we had ever meet. There is no way to defeat a species that can change into anything!

Off topic, but what also is interesting to me is that Humans today are very similar to Star Trek's Ferengi (characteristics.) Don't deny it.

konarciq

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 9:33 am

For me: Betazoid. I know it´s a kinda creepy idea that everyone can read everyone´s mind, but if you wouldn´t know any better, I don´t think it would matter. I think I could even learn to live among them as a human.

More important is that crime and war would be virtually non-existent in their society, since everybody would know what you were up to before you even did it.

But I admit, this is mainly based on the Imzadi novel, and not necessarily on the "official" canon from TV.

Traveller would be interesting, too!

sweatervested1

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 9:44 am

*I will attempt to keep count during the duration of this board.*

So far: Founders 1, Betazoid 1,

Only 1 species please.

trekgurl54

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 10:01 am

wissa

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 10:04 am

my alter ego has always been Klingon

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

sweatervested1

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 10:17 am

Quote: wissa @ Jun. 16 2011, 10:04 am

>my alter ego has always been Klingon

I like the Klingons too, but they are just to damn ugly for my taste.

(So far: Betazoid 1, Founders 1, Klingons 1, Romulans 1)

konarciq

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 10:22 am

Nice and diverse!

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 10:27 am

Q (the non-arrogant Amanda Rogers kind that wants to help people.)

sweatervested1

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 10:40 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Oprelian amoeba

I guess some people can get by with the simple life!

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 12:32 pm

Just one?

Ok put me down for Vulcan. Ideally Id like to be half human-half vulcan, all that logic and the ability to have fun, brilliant!

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

wissa

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 2:32 pm

Quote: sweatervested1 @ Jun. 16 2011, 10:40 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Oprelian amoeba

I guess some people can get by with the simple life!

think how much easier moving would be

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

LtPondwater9

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 3:57 pm

A Chameloid like Martia.

The ducks fly at Midnight.

Chech'tluth

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 9:50 pm

Q of course. You can always pop up to help, annoy, or just simply party.

CloakedTerror

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 11:05 pm

Quote: trekgurl54 @ Jun. 16 2011, 10:01 am

>I'VE ALWAYS LIKED THE ROMULANS.  A UNIQUE ADVERSARY FOR STAR FLEET, SEVERAL WONDERFUL EPISODES WITH THEM. I LIKED THEIR UNIFORMS, THEIR SHIPS, AND YOU GOTTA LOVE THE HAIR STYLE!!!

I agree!  Romulans are bad ass!  The canon Romulans though, not those freaks from the 2009 garbage film with the facial tats.  I don't know what they were thinking with that, those are not even close to Romulan.

TOS/TNG Romulans though, now those are the ones I would want to be.  Cloaking devices and Warbirds are freaking awesome!

lnagr1

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 12:26 am

For me it'd have to be Species 8472, they are so evil, its really cool!