Star Trek pins and patches

Created by: Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jun. 14 2011, 7:05 am

I have been collecting pins and patches since I was in high school.

There have been some really ones

and some  ones.

United Federation of the Planets PatchI have my eye on this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Matthias Russell

Report this Jun. 14 2011, 7:19 am

I'm going to frame the patches from all the STS missions I've worked on.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jun. 14 2011, 7:29 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jun. 14 2011, 7:19 am

>I've been collecting space program patches but not so much trek.  I have the NX 01 and 02 pathes as well as the defiant design batch and future starfleet badge pin for my upcoming FC uniform.  I wish NX patches could be developed for the rest of the NX ships;  I would love to have a set to stitch into a bomber jacket.

>I'm going to frame the patches from all the STS missions I've worked on.

NASA has put out some fine pins and patches over the years I have been a fan since childhood,my uncle now a professor at NJIT was involved in the Apollo program.

I had full press sets from everything from Gemni to Soyuz and allowed my School to showcase it, it was never returned.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Matthias Russell

Report this Jun. 14 2011, 7:42 am

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jun. 14 2011, 7:52 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jun. 14 2011, 7:42 am

>The great thing about the patches are the stories behind them.  A lot of thought goes into a mission patch. I wish someone would publish a book telling the story behind each NASA patch.  Perhaps get the Trek 365 people on that.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 4:06 am

I dont buy things like that for myself but a friend bought me a communicator badge which has lived (permanently glued) on my leather jacket for a few years now.

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

LtPondwater9

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 2:10 pm

I just have a few pins here and there. I collect all kinds of pins. As for Star Trek ones I have communicator (DS9/Voyager era) pins and rank pips.

I don't have any patches, although I've been looking for a Pike City Pioneers patch to stitch on a cap. All I've found were the DS9 Niner patches.

The ducks fly at Midnight.

I

Report this Jun. 25 2011, 12:57 am

I have a Star Trek TNG communicator pin.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jun. 25 2011, 7:54 am

I have a small IDIC,UFP,TOS Delta .pin and  Yoman Rand in a Martini glass.

I picked these up at the 2006 Las Vegas Con

I have the brass and silver jacket pin from the TOS movie uniforms after TMP

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0