ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Contradiction

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Dec. 17 2011, 10:37 am

first off don't worry about it, at least we now know where we are each coming from on that one. Second, the problem with nameing all the inconsistancies is that 1 you start to depreciate the show, and 2 you fail to realize that all these inconsistancies are part of time travel in the whole. Until one of us actually travels back in time and changes history there is no telling what will happen.


I find a great apreation for the show in finding inconsistencies.It just gives me something more to do then just watch the episode, I get to dissect it.


And I feel in the last few seasons of Yoyager, and Enterprise as a whole, they intentually used the ideas of inconsistencies as one of the factors of timetravel


look i don't claim to be an expert on time travel, but based on what we have seen on trek thus far, as well as what i have observed, Logic, as well as common sence would dictate that one can only travel back in time in THEIR OWN Timeline. That said it is not logical for Daniels to have come from anywhere but the PRIME LINE.


the think is that we have seen time travel cross over to different universes/timeline.Look at Enterprises "in a mirror darkly", the Defient traveled trew time and to a different timeline/universe.


And Danny claimed that the some of rhe events werent recored in his history, thast they didnt happen in his history.


That proves that either he is from an different timeline, of that Future guy and his agents altered history to the degree that Enterprise was in an different timeline.


Fine then, the Q are the keepers of time and they decide everything that happens.


Funny, The  Q seemed to manipulate time as well


 


Photobucket

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Dec. 17 2011, 6:34 pm

Time travel plagued Enterprise. To me, the temporal cold war hurt the show more than anything. That said, the book Department of Temporal Investigations: Watching the Clock made sense of inconsistencies and head scratchers from that story arc. Christopher Bennett did an excellent job explaining the dynamics of time travel, how and why the temporal cold war was fought, and who the shadowy sponsor of Silik was.

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Dec. 17 2011, 6:58 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Dec. 17 2011, 6:34 pm

>Time travel plagued Enterprise. To me, the temporal cold war hurt the show more than anything. That said, the book Department of Temporal Investigations: Watching the Clock made sense of inconsistencies and head scratchers from that story arc. Christopher Bennett did an excellent job explaining the dynamics of time travel, how and why the temporal cold war was fought, and who the shadowy sponsor of Silik was.


I havent read the book[s], if you ever feel like explaining how it solved so many issues I weould welcome it


Photobucket

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Dec. 17 2011, 7:13 pm

Kind of hard to explain. The mystery was solved over the course of the book. If I we to give an essential reading guide, it would top the list because it makes sense of so much.

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Dec. 18 2011, 10:19 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Dec. 17 2011, 7:13 pm

>Kind of hard to explain. The mystery was solved over the course of the book. If I we to give an essential reading guide, it would top the list because it makes sense of so much.
I'll put the book on my Bday gift wish list


Photobucket

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Dec. 19 2011, 6:40 am

Quote: stovokor2000-A @ Dec. 18 2011, 10:19 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Dec. 17 2011, 7:13 pm

>

>Kind of hard to explain. The mystery was solved over the course of the book. If I we to give an essential reading guide, it would top the list because it makes sense of so much.
I'll put the book on my Bday gift wish list

I agree with MR. The book is a must if you want to wash away the bad tast of the Temporal Cold War. Bennett rather succesfully took a lot of inconsistent time travel independent episodes in Trek and blended them nicely. Without spoiling anything it explains such things like:


- The Temporal Cold War


- Who Daniels is


- What's up with the 29th Century Starfleet.


I heard that a second book is coming, that will be more directly related to DTI's biggest menece, James T. Kirk himself. I can't wait.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

mallen60_1978

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Dec. 28 2011, 1:36 am

The whole premise of the movie is based on an alternate time line created by the Romulan mining vessel returning to the past and destroying the ship Kirk's father was on and killing Kirk's father. Everything from that point on is fair game. I thought the story line was brilliant and my comparison and analysis of what was true in the original Star Trek series ended and i just enjoyed the show. Cannot wait for another one.

Bikeman470

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 99

Report this Jan. 29 2012, 7:01 am

Isn't the whole show a contradiction anyway? Archer's ship couldn't even be named Enterprise because NCC-1701 was the first starship named Enterprise as stated in the TNG episode "Relics." But because Enterprise will draw better ratings they ignored that bit of history. Also in TNG was the first time the Ferengi and the Humans had ever laid eyes on each other yet a bunch of them raid Archer's ship in Enterprise. Good thing the whole show was nothing but a holodeck program huh?

Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Jan. 29 2012, 7:54 am

Quote: Bikeman470 @ Jan. 29 2012, 7:01 am

>

>Isn't the whole show a contradiction anyway? Archer's ship couldn't even be named Enterprise because NCC-1701 was the first starship named Enterprise as stated in the TNG episode "Relics." But because Enterprise will draw better ratings they ignored that bit of history. Also in TNG was the first time the Ferengi and the Humans had ever laid eyes on each other yet a bunch of them raid Archer's ship in Enterprise. Good thing the whole show was nothing but a holodeck program huh?

>


Enterprise WAS canon. Riker was running a recreation of what happened in 2161. The Ferengi in "Aquisition" never identified their race by name, so no problem.


And here's the quote from "Relics":


Scotty: "Show me the bridge of the Enterprise, ya' chatterin' piece of..."
Computer: "There have been five Federation ships with that name. Please specify by registry number."


The NX-01 wasn't a Federation ship, so no problem.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Jan. 29 2012, 4:43 pm

Quote: Bikeman470 @ Jan. 29 2012, 7:01 am

>Isn't the whole show a contradiction anyway?


Simple answer is NO..........but there are a few things that can be said to be contradictions.


Archer's ship couldn't even be named Enterprise because NCC-1701 was the first starship named Enterprise as stated in the TNG episode "Relics."


Kirk's 1701 was the first FEDERATION STARSHIP to be named Enterprise.Archers ship was not a federation ship, so your point is lost.


Also in TNG was the first time the Ferengi and the Humans had ever laid eyes on each other yet a bunch of them raid Archer's ship in Enterprise.


The Ferngie seen in Archers day never identified their race, so again, no contradiction


Good thing the whole show was nothing but a holodeck program huh?


A]you failed to make an argument for that issue.


B] evern if it was a program, it was a HISTORICAL PROGRAM, so most of those events would still be part of history.


 


 


Photobucket

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Feb. 03 2012, 5:01 am

The whole show's not a historical program though, just the last episode.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum