New Trek Game in 2012

Created by: guillermo.mejía

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 3:25 pm

Okay, so it was revealed at the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) that there will be a new Star Trek game released sometime next year. Basically it is a 3rd person shooter were you play as Kirk or Spock. Only early gameplay footage was shown, but it looks decent so far.

What really caught my eye was that it's set in the Abramsverse, after the 2009 movie. For a while now I had wondered how paramount would deal with the reboot of Star Trek. Would they consider it isolated to the movies and contine with the prime reality everywhere else, or would they fully embrace it as a fresh start? Well with Star Trek Online, there's no way the prime universe will be forgotten any time soon, but this certaintly shows that 'They' (that misterious force/group/person?) behind Star trek will look to expand this Alternate Reality. Interestingly enough, I find myself very excited and want to play this game.

What are your thoughts?

Caesar753

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 6:52 pm

I'm excited about the new game, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.  It looks promising, but short video clips can only tell you so much.  I'm hoping that it's more than just a 3rd person action game and has some depth and intelligence to it.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jun. 10 2011, 8:09 pm

I heard this original story is being supervised by Orci, or Kurtzman (can't remember which).

Six of Nine

Report this Jun. 11 2011, 6:05 pm

I cant wait for it! Hopefully it wont be like Legacy.

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jun. 11 2011, 10:39 pm

Quote: Six of Nine @ Jun. 11 2011, 6:05 pm

>I cant wait for it! Hopefully it wont be like Legacy.

It definately won't. Legacy was a space combat sort of thing with fleet actions. This is Cooperative thrid person shooting.

Treknoir

Report this Jun. 14 2011, 1:43 pm

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jun. 14 2011, 7:42 pm

I want the Playstation Move Phaser Controller!

sjsharp2004

Report this Jun. 15 2011, 1:47 pm

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jun. 15 2011, 5:36 pm

KLINGONDOG

Report this Jun. 15 2011, 7:46 pm

Q'apla !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

megan512

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 10:44 am

I'm excited for it; hopefully it will be interesting and not just some "let's go around and shoot people" game.

ZKG56

Report this Jun. 16 2011, 12:23 pm

when i saw the trailer it reminded me of mass effect

Caesar753

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 7:01 pm

Quote: ZKG56 @ Jun. 16 2011, 12:23 pm

>when i saw the trailer it reminded me of mass effect

I thought the same thing.  If this new game is half as good as Mass Effect 2, count me in!

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jun. 17 2011, 7:58 pm

Indeed, and Mass Effect's cover system was like Gears of War so it's all good.

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 20 2011, 6:23 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 17 2011, 7:58 pm

>Indeed, and Mass Effect's cover system was like Gears of War so it's all good.

My two all time fave games, in order. A close 3rd would be Fallout 3.

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

Users browsing this forum: corndogs