Mums. This ones for you.

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 5:17 am

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a Cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.

He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?'

She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?'

'Yes,' was his incredulous reply.

She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

konarciq

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 5:23 am

LOL!

Matthias Russell

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 5:32 am

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 5:34 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jun. 08 2011, 5:32 am

>Ezri, get off the internets and tend to your poor children.  You are setting a bad example for my wife.

Ah the joy of school! Allthough I cant wait for the Summer holidays!

Matthias Russell

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 5:40 am

Kids are at school, then the house should be spotless, dinner warm and fresh.

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 5:45 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jun. 08 2011, 5:40 am

>Kids are at school, then the house should be spotless, dinner warm and fresh.

But we aint in the Mirror Universe now Toto!

Anyway I work from home, just rarely with a hoover!

Matthias Russell

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 6:00 am

J Edgar?

MsChippy

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 6:37 am

Matthias Russell

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 6:46 am

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 8:33 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:00 am

>J Edgar?

Thats the one. Looks cute in an apron but boy is he bad at housework!

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 8:35 am

Quote: MsChippy @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:37 am

>MR! I think you should get back to work and I'll get back to watching OUR children or you'll face a mess when you get home!

OMG are you the Emp's long suffering better half?

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 8:36 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:46 am

>Woman, don't make me revoke your snuggling priveleges. And could you define "mess"?

See first post!

Matthias Russell

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 9:33 am

Quote: Ezri Janeway @ Jun. 08 2011, 8:35 am

Quote: MsChippy @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:37 am

OMG are you the Emp's long suffering better half?

currently . . . let's see how dinner turns out.

MsChippy

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 11:17 am

I am his silent and better half. I've been #1 for over 8 years. Although I prefer to silently observe and follow the discussions. I imagine I should change and post on the hour in the mirror universe and perhaps become a blond and wear tank tops! Yes I think I may do so....

Treknoir

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 11:24 am

Quote: Ezri Janeway @ Jun. 08 2011, 5:17 am

>SO funny, but oh so true! All husbands/SO's of stay at home moms should read this.

He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?'

'Yes,' was his incredulous reply.

She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.

I know a mother of six who actually did something similar. Her husband learned his lesson.