Trekkies the documentary: Where are they now?

nuttersuclan

Report this Jun. 07 2011, 12:10 am

Hey all

Long time ST fan from the UK, but first time poster!

I watched 'Trekkies' last night, having never seen it before, and it got me thinking about a lot of the people who were featured.  With so many people whose entire lives centred around the show, I wondered if that was still the case for them...14 years later!

So, a few questions if I may;

1- Are any of the trekkies featured members of this board?

2- Does anyone know people who were featured and whether or not they are still avid fans?

3- What is the convention scene like, now that the show has been cancelled and its popularity had dwindled in recent years?

I look forward to any replies!

Cheers

nuttersuclan

Report this Jun. 07 2011, 11:26 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>People still go to conventions.

>There's still plenty of them on.

Sure.  I know they are still going strong, but my 3rd question was more about how strong they are in comparison to the huge events of the past.  Trekkies itself looks like it was filmed at a bit of a high point for Star Trek overall, in terms of popularity.

To those that have attended for a long time, are conventions noticably different these days?

GulMatan

Report this Jun. 07 2011, 8:52 pm

nuttersuclan

Report this Jun. 07 2011, 11:56 pm

Quote: GulMatan @ Jun. 07 2011, 8:52 pm

>You may want to check out 'Trekkies 2' for a Where Are They Now on some of the Trekkies folks as well as a wee bit more Trekdom in the States.

It's on its way! Thanks!

nuttersuclan

Report this Aug. 01 2011, 12:50 pm

Didn't like Trekkies 2 newarly as much, although great to catch up with some of those fans again.

I hear from Daryl via Facebook now, he seems like a cool guy.  Sadly, his cat from Trekkies 2 passed away a month or so ago.