Which do you like better: An episode involving the borg or an episode involving the Jem'Hadar?

Created by: the bungalo bill

the bungalo bill

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 1:29 pm

The Jem'Hadar for me.

coastcityo

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 1:54 pm

The Jem'Hadr were from the Gamma Quadrant, so they wouldn't make an appearance on Voyager, and the films had their own villains to use. I am a DS9 guy myself, so I'm obviously going Jem'Hadr. Plus, I think the Borg really lost any need to ever be used again after "First Contact", so them on Voyager wasn't really going to get me watching the show once I had quit it, and I was more interested in seeing Romulans on TNG than the Borg anyway. So Borg are near the bottom of my Trek bad guys list Behind Klingons and Romulans and the Dominion and Cardassians, but way ahead of the Kazan.

Vger23

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 2:57 pm

I like episodes involving the Pakleds much more than either.

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 3:50 pm

Absolutely, positively, Jem'Hadar.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 3:54 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Why was B'elanna fighting Cardassians on the holodeck instead of Jem'Hadar Soldiers in episode "Extreme Risk"?

B'Ellana was ex-Maquis. It makes sense from that perspective.

The Jem'Hadar, the Gamma Quadrant, the Dominion War -- all were very much DS9 territory. Actually it's good that Voyager never ran into them, because they were isolated from much of what was going on in the AQ, and that point (that they never encountered the Dominion) just works to reinforce that isolation. It was effective, methinks.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 6:22 pm

I liked the TNG Borg alot more than the VOY Borg. I liked 7 in VOY, but the actual Borg eps weren't too great. (In saying that, there is one I really loved, "Drone").
I thoroughlly enjoyed the Jem'Hadar, but they did not belong in any future series (VOY/ENT), but they could be put in a future series... maybe.

TNG Borg beats Jem'Hadar. But Jem'Hadar beats VOY Borg.
(And for the record, I'm not just basing this on my fav show, coz my fav is TOS, then DS9, then TNG...)
I'm gonna say Borg in the poll, tho.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 6:36 pm

At least with the Jem'Hadar, they have at least some concept of honor.

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 8:55 pm

Quote: iBorg13 @ Jun. 05 2011, 6:22 pm

>I liked the TNG Borg alot more than the VOY Borg.

I will say I like the First Contact Borg better than the TNG Borg (except maybe Hugh) They were creepier and more alien, it seemed.

Locutus = "He who has spoken" (Latin)

But watching a half naked Patrick Stewart in grey makeup... Not quiiite my idea of a good time.
(j/k)

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

lnagr1

Report this Jun. 06 2011, 4:05 am

THE BORG!!!! 100 %

tribblenator999

Report this Jun. 06 2011, 6:29 am

jem hadar. they're way more interesting.

Vger23

Report this Jun. 06 2011, 9:21 am

What if the Borg assimilated the Jem"hadar?

YEAHHH FANBOIS....NOW WE'RE TALKING!

Caalma

Report this Jun. 06 2011, 11:50 am

more Jem'Hadar please!

"Do you think it's possible for two people to go back in time and correct a mistake that never should have happened?" ... "On this ship, anything is possible."

lostshaker

Report this Jun. 06 2011, 7:26 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Jun. 05 2011, 3:54 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

B'Ellana was ex-Maquis. It makes sense from that perspective.

The Jem'Hadar seemed likely candidates to make an appearence in VGR's "The Killing Game" when Hirogens took over the ship and drew opponents from the computer. Based on stardates, Voyager left sometime after DS9's "The Search", so Starfleet would've had some experience with the Jem'Hadar. I'm not saying the Jem'Hadar should've appeared, only that they could have.

Sora

Report this Jun. 06 2011, 8:15 pm

I gotta go with the Borg on this one. DS9 is favorite series, but The Borg are my favorite species.

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 06 2011, 8:31 pm

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 06 2011, 7:26 pm

>As for a preference between them, I'll go with the Borg, because of a horror element that just doesn't accompany the Jem'Hadar. But I really enjoy episodes like "I, Borg", "Hippocratic Oath", and "Drone" where the "enemy" is removed from the typical stereotype.

Agreed.

I wouldn't say I don't enjoy Borg episodes -- just that as a villain I kind of lean more towards Jem'Hadar as a favourite. I guess the Borg are more Dalek-like too, huh LS.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?