Should the next Star Trek be a 3D Movie?

Created by: Don899

Don899

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 2:15 pm

Should the next Star Trek Movie be 3D Movie?

The 3D Movie would not be a Animated Movie.The 3D movie would  have a lot of cool space battles.

Vger23

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 3:55 pm

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 7:19 pm

Actually I been listening to Trekcast (while they were still putting out episodes) and they made a good point that a 3D Star Trek movie might force JJAbrams to calm his direction down a bit.

Immediate response: No.

Considered response: Possibly, but leave us with the option to watch 2D, because to me that is still the better way to watch a movie.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Vger23

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 7:23 pm

I'm not really a big fan of 3D though, so I could care less.

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 7:30 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Jun. 02 2011, 7:23 pm

>My facepalm was more about "the movie will have neat-o space battles" than the actual 3D aspect.

I had a feeling.

_______________________________________________

I don't really care which way they go, either -- although I'm still glad for the option of seeing any movie 2D. And I would like to see all the action of the 2009 movie toned down in the second.

Unlikely... but we can dream...

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 8:03 pm

Meh... either way... I don't mind... neither will greatly improve or hinder my enjoyment of the movie.

Trajan

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 11:55 pm

I abhor the 3-D craze plaguing cinemas right now.  It's a fad, and a gimmick.  I wish film-makers would try and master the art of 2 dimenions right now, before taking their limited capabilities to the 3rd dimension.

lnagr1

Report this Jun. 03 2011, 3:30 am

It would be fantastic in 3D, and I'd be willing to wait longer to have it in 3D to!!

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jun. 03 2011, 5:29 am

Current 3D is a Hollywood gimmick to squeeze out more bucks from audiences in theaters. I honestly could care less if they made it in 3D or not, as Vger said, as long as I still get my 2D version.

And please get rid if the solar flare Bridge! I get it, it was new and shiny. Great job getting that across JJ, now cut it out!

Treknoir

Report this Jun. 03 2011, 8:19 am

Most 3D live action movies are craptacular and a waste of money. Only Avatar was worth the extra bucks because of Cameron's unique and innovative filming and visual techniques. Even if one hated the movie, the visuals were breathtaking in 3D.

I would LOVE to see a similar level of detail in the alien worlds and space scenes for ST, but none of it has to be in 3D.

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 03 2011, 10:03 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Isn't 3D the way of the future?

It hasnt been in the last 60 years or so. 3D has been around that long believe it or not.

I voted 'maybe'. Personally 3D does not do it for me at all. Maybe in time it will get better but for now Im not interested. But I know people who love it and its gaining status thanks to the recent marketing over home 3D so, either way, just keep making Trek and Im happy.

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

Blockman

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 12:36 am

I'm not sure if 3D is surviving yet in this current market. I've heard as many "ehh" reviews about it as I've heard "It's Awesome!" reviews.

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 2:11 am

Given the choice, whether a film is available in 3D or not, I will not spend the extra $$.

Only two movies I've ever seen in 3D so far (Apart from Captain Eo and other such theme park weirdness) are Avatar and Legends of the Guardians, and these because at the time there was no alternative option. Both were good movies. Both ok in 3D. Neither gained any extra spectacle from the extra $$ I paid.

My thoughts on the matter are still: Yeah. If you want. I don't care. I'll just go see it in 2D anyway, in either case.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

I

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 7:27 am

There are too many 3D movies. I think Star Trek should stay 2D

Blockman

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 3:45 am

Quote: I<3StarTrek @ Jun. 05 2011, 7:27 am

>There are too many 3D movies. I think Star Trek should stay 2D

lol I never really thought of the "alternative" being "2D"