Which is the better Captain: Kirk or Picard?

I

Report this Jun. 01 2011, 5:33 pm

Honestly, I'm going to have to go with Picard. Kirk was a good captain, but he used force too often. Picard was much more of a diplomat. He would fight when needed, but I think preferred to stay with peace. Not that Kirk fought at every chance. I just think he did it a little too often. Kirk was a great captain, but I think Picard edged him out.

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 01 2011, 5:44 pm

Kirk was a man of his time and in his time they had to rely more heavily on coreography than special effects for movement and exitement.

But Id choose Picard. As you say more of an all rounder.

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

Jim Kirk

Report this Jun. 01 2011, 6:49 pm

1) Kirk

2) Janeway

3) Archer

4) Picard

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 01 2011, 6:55 pm

Bald captains are the best, so I'd have to go with...

Captain Nog.

(or maybe I'll just say Picard.)

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Vger23

Report this Jun. 01 2011, 7:22 pm

I just posted yesterday, wondering how long it would be before someone posted yet ANOTHER thread on "Kirk vs. Picard." It was honestly just joking around, though...because I never really believed anyone would post another such thread so soon.

I see that, once again, I was wrong.

I think, in the spirit of posting the same repetitive thread topic 100's of times, I'm going to go post a "Star Trek 2009 Sucks" thread, a "Wut shood a New Series Be" topic and an "I LUV DATA" thread.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 01 2011, 9:38 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Jun. 01 2011, 7:22 pm

>I think, in the spirit of posting the same repetitive thread topic 100's of times, I'm going to...

...Keep repetitively complaining about the repitition on these boards. At least thats how its beginning to read if you look at your recent posts.

Vger23

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 5:42 am

Quote: Ezri Janeway @ Jun. 01 2011, 9:38 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Jun. 01 2011, 7:22 pm

You haven't seen anything yet.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 2:00 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Jun. 02 2011, 5:42 am

>You haven't seen anything yet.

ZELJKO-13

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 2:42 pm

Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard

Vger23

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 4:00 pm

CAPTAINS COURAGEOUS!!!!!

Ezri Janeway

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 4:06 pm

OMG Captain Caveman!! Awesome.

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 5:41 pm

Captain Jack Sparrow.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

2takesfrakes

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 7:04 pm

SKY CAPTAIN has MY vote ...

tribblenator999

Report this Jun. 02 2011, 7:35 pm

let's see who saved picard in generations again...... uhmmmm

Trajan

Report this Jun. 03 2011, 12:01 am

Quote: Jim Kirk @ Jun. 01 2011, 6:49 pm

>kirk is the far better captain (IMHO).  He saved the planet several times and always got the women.  I like Picard but I have always had a special admiration for Kirk and you cant replace childhood heros easily.

>1) Kirk

>2) Janeway

>3) Archer

>4) Picard

You should be executed for that statement.  Burned at the stake.  Janeway over Picard?  Never.  Ludicrousness right there.