star trek 2009,do you like it

Created by: porthos432

guillermo.mejía

Report this May. 27 2011, 6:18 pm

It was great, but there's enough to talk about it. I won't though. Been done enough.

Not my fave movie of the franchise however.

CaptainMauin

Report this May. 27 2011, 7:37 pm

What, no option for "meh"?

Goodbye. I am gone.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this May. 27 2011, 11:10 pm

Quote: CaptainMauin @ May. 27 2011, 7:37 pm

>What, no option for "meh"?

>I neither like nor dislike the movie. It simply wasn't the best, and it wasn't the greatest. It's one of those films that, to me, fades in to the background. I ignore it because it isn't bad, and I ignore it because it isn't good.

I completely agree with you, except I didn't ignore it. For some reason, I watched it like 5 times. Who knows.

Trajan

Report this May. 28 2011, 12:41 am

I liked it for what it was.  It was a modern take on Star Trek.  There's no way it was going to have the fun or the charm of the original, and there was no way it was going to be a pure "sci-fi" movie.

The Trek film franchise itsself has never been pure sci-fi, with the exception of The Motion Picture.  (Which has been criminally maligned and under-rated by fans.)

In addition, I never expexted Pine or Quinto to live up to their counter-parts.  And they didn't.  Most especially Quinto, who in no way possesses any of the charm or subtlety of Leonoard Nimoy.

All that said, the movie was fun, if a little mindless.  It got good reviews, made alot of money, breathed new life into the Trek franchise, brought some new fans onboard, performed well overseas (relatively speaking), and most notably, it helped the franchise recover from the Insurrection/Nemeis debacle, and made sure that Star Trek will continue in some form.

Not bad, eh?  Still don't know how people can hate this film for all the good it did.

Vger23

Report this May. 28 2011, 6:01 am

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this May. 28 2011, 8:09 am

Its seems there is a lot of animosity for this ST09. I didn't hate it nor liked it

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

Ezri Janeway

Report this May. 28 2011, 8:45 am

I enjoyed it. It was funny, exciting and the only movie to get me to cry before the intro credits!

guillermo.mejía

Report this May. 28 2011, 8:59 am

Quote: janewayjunkie74656 @ May. 27 2011, 11:10 pm

Quote: CaptainMauin @ May. 27 2011, 7:37 pm

>What, no option for "meh"?

I'm pretty sure that reason is the same one that has made me watch it 4 times already: It's Star Trek.

AjaliUzoefu

Report this May. 28 2011, 10:59 am

I loved it the first time and fell in love with Chekov, but as I watched TOS, I became way more negative about the movie. The actors are great, but I just don't like the flat decors. It gives an uncomfortable feeling to me.

CaptainMauin

Report this May. 28 2011, 12:33 pm

Quote: CaptainMauin @ May. 27 2011, 7:37 pm

>What, no option for "meh"?

Pardon. I shouldn't have said ignored... I should have said that I've watched it so many times that it kind of faded out. That's the result of watching something too many times. *shakes head* The first two sentences, "I neither like nor dislike the movie. It simply wasn't the best, and it wasn't the greatest" still stand.

Note to self: don't post late at night.

Goodbye. I am gone.

Treknoir

Report this May. 28 2011, 1:51 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ May. 28 2011, 6:01 am

>I'm thankful for this topic. I was afraid nobody would post a "Star Trek 2009" poll this week. That would have broken up about 70 consecutive weeks. Thank heavens SOMEONE pulled through for us.

ST fans are consistent.

Vger23

Report this May. 29 2011, 6:00 am

I also look forward to the account with 3 posts coming on and saying:

But...people will still answer...so I guess I'm in the minority!

Treknoir

Report this May. 29 2011, 2:45 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Watch it or I am going to resurrect a'Kirks death sucks thread' too.

One hasn't been on the front page for at least a week

I think the mods need to just create the following boards to make everyone happy:

ST09 sucks

Kirk's death sucks

Hot trek babes

Series ideas that will never be used

How ST gives me the courage to wake up each day

WkdYngMan

Report this May. 29 2011, 3:01 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ May. 29 2011, 6:00 am

>I also look forward to the account with 3 posts coming on and saying:

>HAY GEYZ!! I LIKE STAR TRACK! TODAY'S POLE IS "HOO IS THE BETTER CAPTAIN? JAYMES KURK OR JOHN LUKE PECARD?"

STOP IT!!! MY SIDES!!!

Ezri Janeway

Report this May. 29 2011, 8:01 pm

Oh crap, another coffee/screen moment brought to you by Vger and Treknoir!!

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra