Two funniest moments in Star Trek?

Chief Warrant Officer
Finn

Report this May. 26 2011, 4:49 pm

So what scene in Star Trek had you laughing so hard you were holding your sides in pain?  Besides, "Shut up Westley!"

For me:

1.  The Voyager episode Parallax and the 2' tall Doctor with a squeaky voice.

2.  The Deep Space Nine Episode Trials and Tribulations (which had at least 10 hilarious scenes) when Sisko and Dax are sifting through the dead tribbles and tossing them out the hatch, then it seamlessly transitions to Kirk getting hit on the head by tribbles falling out of the hatch.

Runner Up:  Odo replies to Warf's assessment on tribbles with, "So, do they sing Klingon operas about The Great Tribble Hunt?"

coastcityo

Report this May. 26 2011, 5:30 pm

"In Purgatory's Shadow" Garak says he would like to have a word about Tea with Mr. Earl Grey, and asking Worf to recommend him for admission into Starfleet. And Worf assuring Sisko he would kill Garak at the first sign of treachery.

Bones in "Search for Spock" saying Spock is just getting back at him for all those arguments he'd lost

Worf destroying Geordi's string instrument, then saying "sorry" ala Belushi in Animal House, and proclaiming he is not a Merry Man in Qpid.

eutychus

Report this May. 26 2011, 5:44 pm

Scotty giving the tribbles to the Klingons. "Where they'll be no tribble at all."

Harry Mudd meeting up with Stella # 500 (not sure of the actual number, but the look on Harry's face...)

A cassette guy in an I-pod world

OtakuJo

Report this May. 26 2011, 5:51 pm

Indiscretion: Dukat with a spine in his bum.

And the look on O'Brien's face as they're beaming out is Great!

What You Leave Behind: Worf -- "Minsk."

________________________________________________
Oops. Was supposed to be two, wasn't it?

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

guillermo.mejía

Report this May. 26 2011, 8:09 pm

Star Trek IV: Kirk and Spock arguing about liking italian food or not.

Star Trek VII: Data singing the lifeforms song. Just so random and weird it's funny!

konarciq

Report this May. 27 2011, 5:23 am

One of my favourites (off the top of my head) is certainly Lal´s:

"He´s biting that female!"

Magnoodle

Report this May. 27 2011, 8:15 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ May. 26 2011, 5:51 pm

>Extreme Measures: Julian trying to convince Miles that they are closer than Miles is to Keiko.

>Indiscretion: Dukat with a spine in his bum.

>Are we limiting to two, because I would say just about everything from Trials & Tribbleations as well... although especially that whole bit with Julian and his (possibly) great grandmother.

>"I can't wait to get back to DS9 and see your face when you found out that I never existed."
And the look on O'Brien's face as they're beaming out is Great!

>What You Leave Behind: Worf -- "Minsk."

>Oh and I do love the bit with Geordi's mandolin too... cheers for that one coastcityo.

>Star Trek IV: "He's had a little too much LDS." And also the crew's inept endeavours at blending in after Kirk says "You look like a cadet revue."

>Looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places: Quark and Grilka in the infirmary. "You mean, what have we been doing?"

>________________________________________________
Oops. Was supposed to be two, wasn't it?

Indescretion!  OMG that has me laughing after the thousandth time!

Early each morning he searched for her Til his feet become bloody and tired Her hologram photo stayed near to him Buried deep in the pits of his heart

Caalma

Report this May. 27 2011, 12:10 pm

star trek IV... when bones gave the pill to the lady that needed a kidney. the scene cut away and when it came back she was being pushed around in a wheelchair and she was screaming... "doctor gave me a pill and I grew a new kidney, doctor gave me a pill and i grew a new kidney!"

the other was, oh crap i forgot the name of the episode. the one where Q lost his powers. at the end when he gets his powers back he has a marachi band and gives DATA a laugh. that whole episode was funny.

"Do you think it's possible for two people to go back in time and correct a mistake that never should have happened?" ... "On this ship, anything is possible."

CaptainMauin

Report this May. 27 2011, 7:53 pm

I know this isn't exactly a moment, but the entire episode of Threshold was funny... It was so stupid that it was funny. My favorite bit:

Tom Paris: "Here lies Thomas Eugene Paris, Beloved Mutant."
The Doctor: A fitting epitaph, but I don't intend to let you use it just yet.
Kes: Radiometric emitters are charged and ready.
The Doctor: Begin with 45 rads per second.
Tom Paris: Great. Now it'll read "Beloved Radioactive Mutant."

And two that I like from First Contact:

Cmdr. Deanna Troi: Timeline? This is no time to talk about time. We don't have the time!... What was I saying?

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: I've gotta take a leak.
Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: Leak? I'm not detecting any leak.
Dr. Zefram Cochrane: Don't you people from the 24th century ever pee?

Goodbye. I am gone.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this May. 27 2011, 11:19 pm

In Voyager, when in "Infinite Regress" when Seven had the Ferengi personality. Jeri Ryan's acting was amazing just there! I've never seen such a good Ferengi impersonation!!

Pretty much every part in "Body and Soul" (when the Doctor transferred himself into Seven's body for a while to prevent himself from being decompiled) was funny! Again, Jeri Ryan's acting was absolutely stellar. She captured his mannerisms just so that right when she started talking you knew what had happened. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

Data had a lot of funny moments.

Scotty had a lot of funny moments.

Spock had a lot of funny moments, specifically in The Voyage Home.  (My fave TOS movie...... by far.)

And the Doctor had a lot of funny moments.

And so did Dr. McCoy.

Star Trek in general had a lot of funny moments.  Good times, good times.

Edit: Oh crap, I was only supposed to do 2, right??? Whatever.

CaptainMauin

Report this May. 28 2011, 12:55 pm

Quote: janewayjunkie74656 @ May. 27 2011, 11:19 pm

>Scotty had a lot of funny moments.

That just reminded me of "By Any Other Name" and the whole drunk scene...

Scott: (Trying to drink Tomar under the table, Scotty enters, a bit tipsy, with a bottle of green liquid) I found this in the ganner room... ganner...
Tomar: What is it?
Scott: It's,
(looks for a label)
Scott: uh,
(looks under the bottle; sniffs it)
Scott: ... It's green.

I hadn't laughed in days when I first saw that... After I saw it, I couldn't stop laughing. And then there's a Bones one from "Space Seed"...

Dr. McCoy: (lying in sickbay, Khan surprises McCoy and holds a knife to his throat--then pauses.) Well, either choke me or cut my throat. Make up your mind
Khan Noonian Singh: English....I thought I'd dreamed hearing it. Where am I?
Dr. McCoy: You're in!
(Khan tightens his grip. McCoy continues in a lower voice)
Dr. McCoy: You're in bed, holding a knife at your doctor's throat.
Khan Noonian Singh: Answer my question.
Dr. McCoy: It would be most effective if you would cut the carotid artery, just under the left ear.

Another from "The Trouble with Tribbles:"

Scotty: Well, I didn't see that it was worth fighting about. After all, we're big enough to take a few insults, aren't we?
Capt. Kirk: What was it they said that started the fight?
Scotty: They called the Enterprise a garbage scow! Sir.
Capt. Kirk: I see. And that's when you hit the Klingon?
Scotty: Yes, sir.
Capt. Kirk: You hit the Klingons because they insulted the Enterprise, not because they...
Scotty: Well, sir, this was a matter of pride!
Capt. Kirk: All right, Scotty dismissed. Oh, Scotty, you're restricted to quarters until further notice.
Scotty: Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. That'll give me a chance to catch up on my technical journals.

And another...

Capt. Kirk: I want to know what killed these tribbles.
Bones: I haven't figured out what keeps them alive yet.

And one final quote from "Patterns of Force" just for the heck of it:

Spock: Captain, I'm beginning to understand why you Earthmen enjoy gambling. No matter how carefully one computes the odds of success, there is still a certain - exhilaration in the risk.
Capt. Kirk: Very good, Spock. We may make a human of you yet.
Spock: I hope not.

I think, at this point, that we have all proven that it is impossible to choose only two funny moments from the entire franchise.

Goodbye. I am gone.

guillermo.mejía

Report this May. 28 2011, 1:07 pm

No one's quoting from 'A Piece of the Action' though!!

"Nobody helps nobody but himself."
"Sir, you are employing a double negative."

- Okmyx and Spock, as Okmyx takes Spock and McCoy as his prisoners again

"You mind your place, mister, or you'll be wearing concrete galoshes."
"You mean cement overshoes?"
"Uh... Aye."

- Scott and Krako, after Krako is beamed aboard the Enterprise

"Logic and practical information do not seem to apply here."
"You admit that?"
"To deny the facts would be illogical, Doctor."

- Spock and McCoy, after Kirk asks if the computer provided any solutions on uniting the Iotians

CaptainMauin

Report this May. 28 2011, 1:15 pm

Gotta love bloopers.

Goodbye. I am gone.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this May. 28 2011, 11:17 pm

Quote: CaptainMauin @ May. 28 2011, 1:15 pm

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGuvyM8C88

>Ah, I found it. The music in that scene just makes it a whole lot worse. Mind you, the faint is really bad, too. Knocks his head on the table before finally falling down. It's like Tuvok's "fall" in this clip here:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6blwzfcdKk

>Gotta love bloopers.

Hahahaha, those are really funny!

OtakuJo

Report this May. 28 2011, 11:50 pm

From Explorers:

One word.

JERUSALEM!

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Users browsing this forum: King B IX, King B IX