How long would it take to watch the entire franchise?

wissa

Report this May. 23 2011, 12:19 am

I'm working on it right now. Before that I watched ds9.  Based on how long it took to watch ds9 it's going to take me 7 1/2 years to watch the whole thing.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

NCC-1701 Canada

Report this May. 23 2011, 6:32 pm

If you did watch everything you are either a student on holidays breaks, on vacation, or retired, or someone staying up late after work… if you finished the whole franchise relatively shortly and don't fall under one of these categories a fanatic is the word to describe you...

gman707@gmail.com

Report this May. 24 2011, 3:43 am

Regardless of how long it would take it would be great fun

NCC-1701 Canada

Report this May. 24 2011, 6:01 am

Agreed, I mean the true definition of relaxation time would be through Star Trek in my world

NomFeradii

Report this May. 24 2011, 1:20 pm

Are we talking just the six tv series and the movies?  Or are we talking fan productions too?

The Ferengi shall pay!!

greenlantern8

Report this May. 24 2011, 1:27 pm

I would say a whole year.

Narada

Report this May. 24 2011, 1:43 pm

Here is a good site and it chronicles someone with the experience to watch all of Star Trek in one year. They did not accomplish this task but it makes for good reading.

NCC-1701 Canada

Report this May. 24 2011, 3:55 pm

To watch all star trek in under 6 month would mean you have no spare life or job or schoolife to look towards

Vorta_the_point

Report this May. 24 2011, 4:17 pm

I believe that watching every episode and movie back to back would take approximately 554 hours - just over three weeks.

Good luck to anyone trying that...

Fflanders

Report this May. 24 2011, 6:12 pm

Trekker_Tokyo

Report this May. 25 2011, 2:17 pm

That would b the best three and a half weeks of my life, though i have a feeling i might get drunk and pass out while watching it before all that happend so might take a bit longer for me

the bungalo bill

Report this May. 25 2011, 2:26 pm

If you watched them 24/7, then probably a few months.

If you watched one a day, it would take a couple years.

If you watched them 8 hours a day,  then it would take

three times as much as if you watched it 24/7

Lt_Sears

Report this May. 25 2011, 10:38 pm

Quote: Fflanders @ May. 24 2011, 6:12 pm

>It took me all summer and I can't say for certain that I didn't miss anything. I started with Ent and then TOS, TNG (still don't like this one), DS9 and then Voy. Next time I'm going to spread it out so that I can enjoy it more. I'm all for marathons, but seriously.

I didn't care for DS9, the rest were ok. I only watch Atlantis for Rachel

Lutrell.  I agree with the bungalo bill, depends on how you watch them.

"Second star to the right and straight on til morning" James T. KIrk Undiscovered country

Ezri Janeway

Report this May. 26 2011, 5:37 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

> and no I am not planning on doing it all straight through in one sitting.  I do not think there are enough drugs in the world to pull that one off.  I was just wondering since it has taken me several days to download, label and sort all the episodes is watching them in broadcast order the best way?

Probably best not to try, you will likely fail and fall asleep but that would be a good thing as the success would kill you, literally.

If it was me Id probably watch them all in broadcast order. But if your already familiar with most of the history, time lines and in jokes, you could try a different twist on it and watch in cronological order.

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

janewayjunkie74656

Report this May. 26 2011, 9:57 am

I watched all 7 seasons of Voyager twice in about 5 or 6 months, but I was averaging like 6 episodes a day. It was crazy.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam