How can I change my username?

gillian.davis

Report this May. 19 2011, 9:50 am

As indicated in the title of the topic, I would please like to know how to change my Star Trek username. I do use Facebook connect, I don't know if that changes anything or not. I've tried updating my profil, nothing. I've tried updating my registration information, nothing. Nowhere is there any indication of how I can change it. Right now it is just "gillian.davis", my name and last name. Can anybody help? Thanks.

CO_Fowler

Report this May. 20 2011, 7:22 am

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

gillian.davis

Report this May. 31 2011, 1:53 pm

Quote: CO_Fowler @ May. 20 2011, 7:22 am

>I don't think we can change our nicks anymore.  It used to be an option on the old ST.com, but I don't think it was ever an option on this ST.com

>I may be wrong though.  Admin would have to say for sure.  Oh, and welcome to the boards ^_^

Thanks, hope they'll find a way. For example, I take it that CO_Fowler is not your real name (CHIEF OFFICER as a first name? Hum..)

"In my expert medical opinion, I'd say... it's sick" -- Dr. Bashir about Dax's plant (DS9 - The Wire)

lnagr1

Report this Jun. 03 2011, 2:51 am

I don't know how to change a username, because I've been trying to find a way to change mine ever since I came back, and I haven't had much luck. I'm going to contact admin and I'll report back in this thread about the outcome.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the site!

the bungalo bill

Report this Jun. 03 2011, 10:57 am

When you sign up the normal way it says you can't change it.

gillian.davis

Report this Jun. 04 2011, 9:09 am

Quote: lnagr1 @ Jun. 03 2011, 2:51 am

>I'm going to contact admin and I'll report back in this thread about the outcome.

Thanks, look forward to hearing your results!

gillian.davis

Report this Jun. 04 2011, 9:12 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>It currently is not an option, but you can voice your suggestion to add that function here:

>http://startrek.com/boards-topic/33343037/new-ideas-for-startrek-com

Thumbs up for the suggestion. I did as you said and hopefully I'll here from the admins! I also saw that Inagr1 had posted a similar comment.

CO_Fowler

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 3:23 pm

Quote: gillian.davis @ May. 31 2011, 1:53 pm

Quote: CO_Fowler @ May. 20 2011, 7:22 am

Nope , not my first name LOL  I've had this nick since I first joined ST.com back in 1998.  I don't know about the facebook thing since I haven't logged in that way.

megan512

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 11:01 am

Yeah, I wish there was a way to change it. I have another username/nickname that I normally go by; not quite sure why I didn't make that my username in the first place. xD

wissa

Report this Jun. 10 2011, 12:25 pm

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

gillian.davis

Report this Jun. 11 2011, 3:36 am

Quote: wissa @ Jun. 10 2011, 12:25 pm

>in the old days (after you couldn't change your username before and before a second account was grounds for a dishouourable discharge)  people just made a new account with their new name.

Yeah, I guess that could work. Thanks for the suggestion!

lnagr1

Report this Jun. 11 2011, 3:45 am

That works, but the posts I've worked for, over the past 5 months will be lost!!

oh yeah and gillian.davis, That admin hasn't replied back to my comment yet, I might try emailing the site! I'll tell you if that works!

wissa

Report this Jun. 11 2011, 7:31 am

Quote: gillian.davis @ Jun. 11 2011, 3:36 am

Quote: wissa @ Jun. 10 2011, 12:25 pm

Yeah, I guess that could work. Thanks for the suggestion!

sorry, I wasn't really suggesting that.  Having a dual account is now against the rules.  It wasn't back then.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

gillian.davis

Report this Jun. 11 2011, 10:54 am

Quote: wissa @ Jun. 11 2011, 7:31 am

Quote: gillian.davis @ Jun. 11 2011, 3:36 am

Oh, ok. Well, another idea gone down the drain!

wissa

Report this Jun. 11 2011, 6:38 pm

Quote: gillian.davis @ Jun. 11 2011, 10:54 am

Quote: wissa @ Jun. 11 2011, 7:31 am

Quote: gillian.davis @ Jun. 11 2011, 3:36 am

Oh, ok. Well, another idea gone down the drain!

come join arch-angels.  You can change your name every day

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image