Which series' theme song do you like the best?

Created by: the bungalo bill

the bungalo bill

Report this May. 13 2011, 6:08 am

(I'm sorry if TOS and TAS are the same song.)

My favorite is TNG's.

Ezri Janeway

Report this May. 13 2011, 6:15 am

I voted for Voyager though I like the TNG and DS9 tunes too.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this May. 13 2011, 6:23 am

I love them all but one . I have them on my Ipod. I can hit one button on my dash and my Star Trek music blasts out of my Vision's speakers.

They pop up from time to time in shuffle mode. most tracks are very short from TOS so out of no where Scotty's tinkering music will make me laugh.

The theme from DS 9 is great. Voy is fun TNG is from TMP so I liked it before I heard it on TV.

I never could get used to the Holo series theme{Shudders}

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

OtakuJo

Report this May. 13 2011, 6:36 am

I like them all as well but strictly for theme tunes, probably First Contact's.

Honorary mention goes to the DS9 theme tune, JJmovie's theme, and also to Voyager's. In the poll I voted for Voy. because I quite like it even though I rarely hear it.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this May. 13 2011, 7:51 am

Voyager's theme is just so nice to listen to, I turn that one up alot.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Chief Warrant Officer
Finn

Report this May. 13 2011, 10:12 am

1. Voyager

2. Deep Space 9

3. First Contact Theme

4. Next Generation

5. Star Trek

I avoided listing Enterprise because I simply don't like it.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this May. 13 2011, 10:14 am

Voyager's is amazing. It is the one I think of when I think of Star Trek theme music.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Chekov's_Girl

Report this May. 13 2011, 3:29 pm

I love the TOS series best but I have to say that TNG theme tune is better

Ookami Tala xx

Я люблю Чехова навсегда I Love Chekov Forever

OtakuJo

Report this May. 13 2011, 4:48 pm

Quote: Chief Warrant Officer Finn @ May. 13 2011, 10:12 am

>I avoided listing Enterprise because I simply don't like it.

How about the closing theme of Enterprise (very different to "It's been a long road" and entirely instrumental.) Personally I think they would have done better with the same opening visuals (those were great) and an instrumental score.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

guillermo.mejía

Report this May. 13 2011, 5:07 pm

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this May. 13 2011, 5:29 pm

VOY. Sums up the series in musical form... if that makes any sense.
DS9. Not so much the song, as the visual accompiment(sp), the station is awesome.
TNG/TOS. Can't decide between the two.
ENT. I don't dislike it... but I think OkatuJo had a point, the closing credits were boss. ENT mighta made it higher had there been no vocals...

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this May. 13 2011, 5:57 pm

TNG best IMO.

Its als my ringtone =D

Data is my text tone xD

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

commander_phoenix202

Report this May. 13 2011, 8:54 pm

I like VOY's theme the best, but I also like the TOS and TNG themes. I don't really like DS9's theme because it's too slow and there's not enough action in it. Not many of those 'Booms' and 'pows' you get in others.

VOY was the most moving, most action-filled, and most appealing. I just have put the volume on full blast whenever it shows up on my iPod.

Tilek svi'khaf-spol t'vathu - tilek svi'sha'veh. (The spear in the other's heart is the spear in your own)

CaptainMauin

Report this May. 13 2011, 9:17 pm

Voyager's theme is most defnitely my favorite of them alll.

I'd go into detail on why, but I've already explained that several times. It takes me a long time to type it and I don't have much time right now (I'm tired and I don't know how muc longer I can stay awake).

Goodbye. I am gone.

OtakuJo

Report this May. 13 2011, 10:17 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ May. 13 2011, 5:07 pm

>No denying it. I hated the Enterprise song simply because it had vocals, but now...It's my fave.

It actually sounds really good if you hear a piano arrangement without the vocals. I think it's the arrangement (and performance) that brings that song down, not the composition.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?