Who is your favorite Ferengi?

Created by: the bungalo bill

the bungalo bill

Report this May. 10 2011, 1:32 pm

Quark, of course!

Here are my choices in order:

1.Quark

2.Brunt

3.Zek

4. Ishka

5.Rom

6. Nog

luvy4532

Report this May. 10 2011, 4:37 pm

Quark of course---The Ferengi with a heart of gold pressed latinum.

Six of Nine

Report this May. 10 2011, 5:43 pm

1. Quark

2. Rom

3. Nog

4. Zek

5. Brunt

6. Ishka

OtakuJo

Report this May. 10 2011, 5:45 pm

I think Rom, because he is a misfit and I enjoy seeing him find his own way.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

coastcityo

Report this May. 10 2011, 6:25 pm

This ended up being a tougher choice than I thought it would be for me. I had every intention of voting for Quark when I clicked on the poll, as he is the ultimate Ferengi, but I ended up voting for Nog after thinking about it for a bit. He may not be the ultimate Ferengi, but he is still a Ferengi. See "The Magnificent Ferengi" and "Treachery, Faith, and the Great River" for that evidence. But, he is also a true DS9 character in that he was allowed to grow way beyond what he originally was. He started as a Ferengi trouble maker, dragging Jake along with him, and usually running afoul of the constable. He grew into the young Starfleet Cadet that Jake and Wesley were supposed to be, following in their fathers footsteps, before finding their own paths outside of Starfleet, and making his commander proud as he grew. And, he became our window into the horrors of war that we seldom saw in Trek, where battles were usually just ships firing weapons, and casualties limited to nameless crewmen. Plus, he made a pretty good catcher at the old holosuite.

ColPeg

Report this May. 10 2011, 8:20 pm

I go with Nog.  Was he the first Ferengi in Star Fleet.  Great potential there and needs to be part of a DS9/Voyager Movie.

"If Man is to survive, he will have learned to take delight in the essential difference between people and cultures" -Gene Roddenberry -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Col. P. A. Stevens CO, USS Code Talker NCC-1195

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 11 2011, 5:45 am

Should have put Bok on here.

Though I like the show's main "good guy" ferengi, the ones in Quark's family, I think these polls are supposed to mean who best exemplifies the species. So of these, I think

Brunt

is the truest Ferengi.

juliansgirl7

Report this May. 11 2011, 8:06 am

Rom because he was like the Cinderella of Ferengi, worked like a slave for his brother, while constantly being told how 'stupid' he was by said brother.  But he was not stupid-quite the contrary-he was a great engineer(always fixing his brother's holosuites) and even joined starfleet as one of O'Brien's tech crew, as well as inventing self-replicating mines.  But he achieved greatness(although purely by being Zek's stepson) by becoming the next Grand Nagus!

BTW he also married a Bajoran woman, who dumped my poor JULIAN for him

"Cute?"

"Sexy?"

"ROM???"

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 11 2011, 11:09 am

guillermo.mejía

Report this May. 11 2011, 6:13 pm

None really.

If I was forced to by arm twisting and so on, I'd say the dou that ended up in the Delta Quadrent, and Neelix dressed as the Grand Nagus, just cause.

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this May. 13 2011, 6:46 pm

I like Brunt for the reason he's quite evil, likewise when he made it personal to liquidate Quark. Moogie is also a good choice either.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this May. 13 2011, 9:08 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ May. 11 2011, 11:09 am

>I never liked Rom becoming the Nagus. He was a great guy, technically smart, but not people savvy enough to lead. Zek may have softened, but he wasn't stupid. The Ferengi economy no doubt collapsed quickly.
Agreed completely. It was an interesting turn of events... but Rom as Nagus wasn't what I would have done. However, I'd have liked it even less had they made Quark Nagus. He needed to say on DS9, imo.
My favourite Ferengi... well, Brunt was played by my favourite guest star actor in Trek EVER (Jeff Combs) however, I think I prefer Rom. I loved it when we found out he was actually a super smart guy, as opposed to the simpleton he appears to be.

OtakuJo

Report this May. 13 2011, 11:13 pm

Rom was a good engineer, and engineering was better for Rom than the Nagus job, because it played to his strengths.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

HisRoyalHighnessTheKing

Report this May. 14 2011, 12:51 am

Brunt.......F......C.....A

May God Save The King

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this May. 14 2011, 6:15 am

Zek that guy had it going on until Moogie

Users browsing this forum: miklamar