ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Pulaski or Crusher?

Report this
Created by: the bungalo bill

janewayjunkie74656

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3227

Report this May. 25 2011, 10:21 pm

Quote: keikeya @ May. 24 2011, 8:55 am

>

>I just vomited all over this thread!

>Why is there even a discussion about it? It's Beverly Crusher all the way.

>


Hahahaha, yup.


Join Moon Crater Plaza! A great new board looking for lots of new members! http://s4.zetaboards.com/Moon_Crater_Plaza/index/

janewayjunkie74656

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3227

Report this May. 25 2011, 10:22 pm

Quote: Trajan @ May. 16 2011, 6:33 am

>

>Whoever voted Pulaski should be shot.  (Joke.)

>Pulaski was GARBAGE. (Seriously.)  She ranks right alongside Wesley Crusher as my least favorite Trek characters.  Her personality was grating, and she was a worse than failed McCoy clone with zero charisma.

>Referring to Data as (Daa-duh) irked me to no end.

>It reminded me of somene I knew at school once, lol.  He referred to a classmate of ours as "Sure-el."  Her name was Cheryl.  (Pronounced Share-el.)

>I corrected him, as I knew quite well how she pronounced her own name.  He then replied "either pronunciation is okay."

>I was like, "Uhh, dude, actually only one way is okay.  The way she says it is the only correct way."

>Dude actually tried to debate the topic.  Ludicrous.

>


Haha, I agree with you too. 


Join Moon Crater Plaza! A great new board looking for lots of new members! http://s4.zetaboards.com/Moon_Crater_Plaza/index/

Bk Ray

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8

Report this May. 26 2011, 5:56 am

Crusher, as a 13 year old boy at the time I thought she was fitter than Pulaski.


Now, I can never really get into the character of Pulaski.

luvy4532

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 187

Report this May. 26 2011, 10:45 am

Here is some facts on Dr Pulaski.  First of all Gates Mc Fadden quit the show . Diana Muldaur was asked to replace her. Just like saying Dr Crusher transfered out and Dr Pulaski obeyed orders and transfered onto the Enterprise.     Anyway ,  Pulaski was pat of a recue team responding to a Tholian attack on a Federaion Starbase where she met the only survivor, one Kyle Riker   She had a transporter phobia.  She performed 2 successful operations involving ocular implants. Geordi turned her offer down to operate on him.  She had  expertise in heart surgery which she did cardiac replacement surgery on Picard.  She believed traditional remedies were just as vluable as technological ones.     So, she was oldfashioned and cranky and had a phobia over tranporters.  Sound like anyone we know??


live long and.....

commander_phoenix202

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 246

Report this May. 26 2011, 7:21 pm

I think that Gates Mcfadden is a terrific actess! She suited the character well, and played her without flaw. Crusher is one of my most valued TNG characters, and I was very sad when she left. She was THE doctor to have.


But then I thought that there was hope. A Trek illuminati, Diana Muldar, who was in TOS would be coming in to replace her. I was wrong. Pulaski was too much like McCoy, and was rude to Data for no reason at all. She also wasn't a good character, as she never said anything noteable and was a more "Mary Sue" character.


I like to call her "The blind Doctor who made out with Captain Kirk", something I'm sure no one wants to go by.


Tilek svi'khaf-spol t'vathu - tilek svi'sha'veh. (The spear in the other's heart is the spear in your own)

mandapanda

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6

Report this May. 27 2011, 2:21 pm

There is no question in my mind that Crusher was the better of the two.  Pulaski drove me nuts.  She was always getting upset about something, and half the time I thought she was just rude.  Crusher was good at what she did, had compasion for who she worked with and, come on, there was the whole thing between her and Picard.  ^-^

FascinatingIndeed

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 119

Report this May. 31 2011, 7:46 am

Yep.  Crusher all the way.


Mind you, having Polish ancestry myself, I did somewhat like the fact that they gave a Star Trek character a Polish surname. 


If only they gave it to a better, more admirable charater

captianraczynski

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 10

Report this Jun. 04 2011, 5:16 pm

Quote: keikeya @ May. 24 2011, 8:55 am

>

>I just vomited all over this thread!

>Why is there even a discussion about it? It's Beverly Crusher all the way.

>


i compleatly agree. pulaski was a mistake by the writers


I will be the next captian of the Enterprise :P

captianraczynski

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 10

Report this Jun. 04 2011, 5:19 pm

Quote: luvy4532 @ May. 26 2011, 10:45 am

>

>Here is some facts on Dr Pulaski.  First of all Gates Mc Fadden quit the show . Diana Muldaur was asked to replace her. Just like saying Dr Crusher transfered out and Dr Pulaski obeyed orders and transfered onto the Enterprise.     Anyway ,  Pulaski was pat of a recue team responding to a Tholian attack on a Federaion Starbase where she met the only survivor, one Kyle Riker   She had a transporter phobia.  She performed 2 successful operations involving ocular implants. Geordi turned her offer down to operate on him.  She had  expertise in heart surgery which she did cardiac replacement surgery on Picard.  She believed traditional remedies were just as vluable as technological ones.     So, she was oldfashioned and cranky and had a phobia over tranporters.  Sound like anyone we know??

>


yes that sounds exactly like dr. mccoy from TOS. however, TNG was suppose to be a compleatly different series that TOS, not trying to modle it. Yes the same priciple is there (to seek out new like and new civilizations), but i personaly didn't like how they tried to make pulaski like mccoy


I will be the next captian of the Enterprise :P

NCC1701K.1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 82

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 7:25 pm

I would go with crusher. Pulaski wasnt sympathetic enough. Seemed a bit bitchy and she and picard were always bumping heads. Not that crusher and picard didnt, but crusher kept the captain in his place unlike pulaski.


I am out of my Vulcan mind!

Aloenam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16

Report this Jun. 05 2011, 7:52 pm


I didn’t like Crusher or Pulaski very much but I’d have to go with Crusher. Furthermore why did they keep switching between the two of them off & on throughout the early seasons of TNG? Was there some behind the scenes issues with the actresses or was it all just part of the script?

Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Jun. 07 2011, 3:22 pm

Quote: Trajan @ May. 16 2011, 6:33 am

>

>Whoever voted Pulaski should be shot.  (Joke.)

>Pulaski was GARBAGE. (Seriously.)  She ranks right alongside Wesley Crusher as my least favorite Trek characters.  Her personality was grating, and she was a worse than failed McCoy clone with zero charisma.

>Referring to Data as (Daa-duh) irked me to no end.

>


Except the comment on Wesley, I agree with this down to the last letter.


CloakedTerror

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 38

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 11:00 pm

It's Bev all the way!!!  If I am going to be in sick bay for a while, I most certainly want to be spending my time with her!

gman707@gmail.com

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 13

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 12:07 am

Quote: Roboto @ Jun. 07 2011, 3:22 pm

Quote: Trajan @ May. 16 2011, 6:33 am

>

>

>Whoever voted Pulaski should be shot.  (Joke.)

>Pulaski was GARBAGE. (Seriously.)  She ranks right alongside Wesley Crusher as my least favorite Trek characters. 

>

Except the comment on Wesley, I agree with this down to the last letter.


If i was picard i would have shoved wes out an airlock in series 1. hat kid is meant to be a genius and yet he never has a clue what he's doing. "wah my team wont listen to my orders" "Wah no one treats me like an adult". I would rather have 2 polaskis than that winging little ankle biter. 


it is like a finger pointing away to the moon...*smack* do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.

konarciq

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 930

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 7:20 am

LOL What were you like when you were 15?


But to return to the question: I have no reason to believe one is a better doctor than the other, but pure on personal preference, I would pick Dr. Crusher. I am aware though, that this might very well be due to the fact that we got 6 whole seasons with Crusher, and only 1 with Pulaski, so the comparison of character development isn´t really fair. (Much like the discussion whether Worf or Tasha was a more interesting character.)


If there is nothing wrong with me, then maybe there´s something wrong with the universe? -Dr. Crusher

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: wissa, FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum