"Message in a bottle" did you like it?

Created by: Six of Nine

Six of Nine

Report this May. 01 2011, 3:47 pm

I just poped in my Voyager season 4 and watched Message in a Bottle.

I asked myself these questions

Who is my favorite supporting charectar?

EMH Mark II

My favorite line?

"Im a doctor not a commando"

A doctor centric episode why?

Because he deserves one and because it would be a funny one

Did you like this episode As much as I do?

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 01 2011, 4:00 pm

It is my favorite VOY episode.

Six of Nine

Report this May. 01 2011, 4:04 pm

I love the space battle

Nine of One

Report this May. 01 2011, 4:46 pm

I loved this episode not only because it's a doctor episode but because of what was happening on voyager while he was away.

I liked how Tom and Harry were trying to creat another doctor just so Tom could get out of doing sickbay duty.

I also liked how B'Lanna tells Seven she's rude.

It was one of the best episodes of season 4.

"I'm a doctor, not a doorstop."

CaptainMauin

Report this May. 01 2011, 5:04 pm

That was an epic episode.

Honestly, I laughed all the way through. Two Doctor's, one ship, and total chaos.

Goodbye. I am gone.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this May. 01 2011, 7:16 pm

LOL it was a great episode. I loved the interaction between the two EMH's.

ColPeg

Report this May. 01 2011, 8:15 pm

I'm more in love with the ship than the characters.  Wow!

"If Man is to survive, he will have learned to take delight in the essential difference between people and cultures" -Gene Roddenberry -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Col. P. A. Stevens CO, USS Code Talker NCC-1195

CaptainMauin

Report this May. 01 2011, 8:56 pm

And I forgot about the Prometheus. That ship is hot, but not nearly as hot as the Intrepid Class Voyager. Still, it's quite the nice ship. That Multi-vector assault mode is awesome and deadly.

Goodbye. I am gone.

willowtree

Report this May. 02 2011, 5:34 am

I thought it was a great episode. And I was pleasantly surprised by the perfomance of Andy Dick

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 02 2011, 6:51 am

Dick was surprisingly good in that role. I like when the Doctor is about to perform surgery and the Mark 2 asks if he would also like some leeches.

Lynx677

Report this May. 02 2011, 9:49 am

No, because this episode ruined the premise of the show.

As I see it, they shouldn't have been able to contact Earth until season 7.

willowtree

Report this May. 02 2011, 9:53 am

Quote: Lynx677 @ May. 02 2011, 9:49 am

> >No, because this episode ruined the premise of the show.

>They were supposed to be stranded on the other side of the galaxy with no contact whatsoever with Earth. All of a sudden, they could contact Earth, just like making a phone call from LA to San Diego.

>As I see it, they shouldn't have been able to contact Earth until season 7.

it sounds like you have a lot of details about this episode wrong. You might want to go back and rewatch it

I'm not sure what you mean about it becoming easy to contact earth after this episode. They are unable to contact anyone for another two full seasons, not until the episode Pathfinder. And even then, it's only a few letters back and forth once a month. Only once were they able to have face to face contact and that was for like 30 seconds each. No way was anything "just like making a phone call"

please check  your facts again,

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 02 2011, 11:35 am

I understand what he's saying, he felt they should stay completely cut off to reinforce the isolationism. However, yes, they don't get to have contract with home until, what, season 6. And even then, they only get to contact starfleet a few times. All they got from contact was a few letters and status reports which gave them a glimmer of hope to boost their spirits.

willowtree

Report this May. 02 2011, 12:15 pm

Yeah I get that too, some could say that they should have had any contact at all. I get that. What I'm confused about is his comment abuot them making contact as easily as a telphone call. that never happened. I wish he would explain what he meant by that

After Pathfinder, once a month they could each send a letter and each got a letter. That's hardly the ability to make daily phon calls

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 02 2011, 12:36 pm

Nor did it make their journey any less safer or give Janeway the luxury of conferring with command before making major decisions.

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid, darmokattanagra