What sci-fi do you like besides Star Trek?

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 1:09 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Yeah, he studied with God, not some philosophy believer. And I think that there was more of a significance to Jesus dieing than it being just another death. I guess that you cant push your belief on someone else, they to choose for themselves.

Ummm..........

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

FriendlyTrekker

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 6:36 am

"The Twilight Zone"  The original one.  Not the first remake.  Definitely not the second remake.

Vger23

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 7:29 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

I'm not sure what THIS has to do with the given title of the thread. It's a little bizzare.

That being said, I enjoy lots of other sci-fi besides Star Trek:

1. Star Wars

2. Firefly / Serenity

3. The Alien Franchise

4. LOST

5. Battlestar Galactica (old and new)

I don't like most other sci-fi television. I LOVE sci-fi movies, though.

The big "fringe sci-fi" areas I can't stand are the "swords and sorcery" sub-category (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc) and anything having to do with the 150 thousand comic book adaptations (with the exception of Batman).

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

tribblenator999

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 8:04 am

1. andromeda

2. star wars (IV-VI only)

3. halo

4. starcraft

5. twilight zone

6. x files

7. smallville

8. futurama

9. 6 million dollar man

10. planet of the apes

11. stargate sg1

12. quantum leap

13. space odyssey 2001

14. terminator (first 2 movies only)

15. the matrix (first movie only)

16. predator

17. jurassic park

18. the thing

19. independence day

20. back to the future

21. starship trooper (first movie only)

22. war of the worlds

23. men in black

24. godzilla

25. robocop

these are the ones i can watch til i die

___Lucifer___

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 9:47 am

LOL...seems like T95 meant to post this in the "Jesus Died" thread in response to posts made by myself and others regarding the lost years of Jesus Christ. Hey, Star Trek has lost years too...maybe that's where he went.

Favorites:

Star Wars, BSG, nBSG, Babylon 5, Quantum Leap, Space: Above and Beyond, Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles, Blade Runner, The Fifth Element, I Robot, The Chronicles of Riddick, The Black Hole, Planet of the Apes, Logan's Run, The Island, Terminator, Matrix, Aliens, Predator, District 9, Tron, Alien Nation, and Farscape.

EDIT: sheesh, forgot to mention Doctor Who! Top of my list right before Star Trek actually.

Lt_Sears

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 10:03 am

Stargate SGq1 The original crew

Babylon5

Independence Day

Terminator 1-3

Enterprise

Star Wars

Zena Warrior Princess (It's Campy And I like Lucy Lawless)

Kevin Sorbo as hercules (Same as above)

The Crow  (Brandon Lee version)

Star Trek  (TOS)

"Second star to the right and straight on til morning" James T. KIrk Undiscovered country

Camorite

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 10:49 am

first off i have to ask, as the op was a little confused when he made his opening comment, are we talking TV or Movies?

For TV i would have to say:

stargate (SG1, Atlantis, and Universe)
Quantum Leap
Seaquest DSV (first two seasons)
Warehouse 13
Eureka (Just started watching that one)
Smallville
Terminator: Sarah Conor Chronicles
Heros
Xena/Herculies

For movies i would have to go with:

Star Wars (all of them)
Terminator (all of them)
Star Gate (the origninal Movie)
Transformers (both of them)
GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Iron Man (both of them)
Back to the Future (1-3)
Independence Day
Jurasic Park (1-3)
Men in Black (both of them)

sorry have to end it there as it would take a few pages to list all of them

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

Six of Nine

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 1:32 pm

TNG

DS9

VOG

TOS

ENT

TAS

Stargate SG-1 Seasons 1-8 the most

Atlantis

Universe is ok

Firefly/Serenity

Havent watched much more any suggestions?

I like

MacGyver

The Mentalist

Without a Trace

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

___Lucifer___

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 4:59 pm

^^Nicolas^^

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 5:08 pm

Quote: ___Lucifer___ @ Apr. 25 2011, 4:59 pm

>Oh crap I forgot to mention V. The original, not the new crappy version. I couldn't make it through two episodes without being bored to tears. Anna sucks, all the new characters suck, the uniforms suck, the ships suck, everything just sucks. Balls. Salty chocolate balls.

Sings Chorus:No-nuts and go-nuts are my bars of chocolate, these are a few of my favorite things, these are a few of my fav-or ite things. V is so cool, don't even dish on the V.

Never let me slip, cause if I slip, then I'm slippin.

___Lucifer___

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 5:27 pm

Please...the new V doesn't even hold a candle to the miniseries/The Final Battle. The original series is an allegory of fascism in America, with many references to Nazi Germany. The new one has little to none of that.

Diana was 10 times the villain that Anna is. Same goes for the members of the resistance. I can name nearly every character on both sides. The new V's characters are nowhere near as memorable or provocative. To this day, it's hard for me to remember any of them without going to the V wiki.

In the end, I guess it boils down to individual taste, and the new V left a bad taste in my mouth. Like New Coke.

Tell me something tho...is it true about the new V being an allegory of the Obama administration? I can see how people would interpret that, seeing as how the "V's" are constantly touting Hope, Change and Universal Health Care.

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 6:28 pm

I like:

Galaxy Quest
Red Dwarf
Doctor Who
X Files
The Puppet Masters
Star Wars
A lot of John Wyndham books

And I'm recently getting into the British series Primeval.

Lots of other stuff I can't remember at present.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

KassiAnn

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 7:44 pm

Doctor Who rocks..especially the ninth and tenth ones!!

Also, gotta love firefly!

___Lucifer___

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 7:58 pm

Ooo, I forgot about that one. I loves me some Robot Rivers. Which reminds me of another favorite: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Too bad they had to take an awesome show and shoot it dead in the foot. John Connor being time-warped into the future was...oh screw it, picspam says it much better than I can:

BakulaBabeNX01

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 8:49 pm

Oh so much scifi...

Firefly, Babylon 5, Farscape, Dctor Who, Tochwood, Red Dwarf, Quantum Leqap, Sliders, Lexx, Alien Nation, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone...

Yeah, I guess that's enough for now. *lol*

"Come on, Travis. We've got to find something for Mr. Reed to blow up" Captain Archer, Enterprise, "Fight or Flight"