Patrick Stewart: Best actor on star trek?

Ceci n'est pas un
username

Report this Apr. 20 2011, 8:49 pm

Patrick Stewart. Is he the best actor to be on star trek? In my opinion, yes.
Great voice and acts quite well (The Queen seems to agree with me) I've seen him as Macbeth and as Aelius Sejanus in "I Claudius" (that was before TNG) acting well in both. He may be ready to play Lier at some point.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Apr. 20 2011, 9:41 pm

Sir Patrick Stewart

A fabulous 'shakespearean actor' (whatever the hell that means... jkjkjk), fantastic voice, he no doubt does much theatre work. I for one remember him for his roles as Picard in TNG (obviously) and his role as Xavier in X-Men, but I know he's been in soooo much more. No wonder he was knighted!
I'd love to meet this chappy some day, maybe get an autograph for my inner nerd (maybe... what the hell? DEFINATELY!). However, I doubt I will get  the chance, he'll be attending this year's Vegas Con...but alas, I cannot go.

Still... maybe one day!

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Apr. 20 2011, 9:44 pm

Quote: iBorg13 @ Apr. 20 2011, 9:41 pm

>he'll be attending this year's Vegas Con...but alas, I cannot go.

Alas: unfortunately/by bad luck; "unfortunately it rained all day"; "alas, I cannot stay"
Interesting, I assumed this is what it meant... I've just never looked for it in the dictionary. Kewlioz.

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 21 2011, 5:26 am

I believe he was the highest caliber actor the franchise every scored. When Shatner was asked which trek actor he admires most at megacon last month, his reply was Stewart. He said he admired that Stewart treated Trek with as much professionalism and quality as he does Shakespeare. I agree.

2takesfrakes

Report this Apr. 21 2011, 7:38 am

Of ALL of the captains in STAR TREK,
YES! Patrick Stewart's the best they've
ever had. But there have been some amazing
guest stars in this franchise - including some
Oscar-winners, over the years. Patrick isn't
the only actor who's amazing at what they do.

tmntfanboy

Report this Apr. 23 2011, 7:17 pm

I'll have to agree. Stewart is awesome. Frakes & Spiner are great too. Really, I can't think of anyone on TNG that wasn't excellent.

quantumstring12

Report this Apr. 24 2011, 7:48 am

Stewart is, by far, the best actor ever in the Star Trek franchise.

Target that explosion and FIRE!

TheRikerLean

Report this Apr. 24 2011, 11:13 am

Quote: quantumstring12 @ Apr. 24 2011, 7:48 am

>Stewart is, by far, the best actor ever in the Star Trek franchise.

Agreed!

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 5:15 am

On a side note, there could not have been xmen movies without him.

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 5:16 am

I also love how after FC, he was cast to be captain Ahab. Did an awesome job too!

VORTEX8472

Report this Apr. 25 2011, 7:00 am

Agreed, Stewart is the MAN!

Treknoir

Report this Apr. 26 2011, 12:04 pm

Quote: quantumstring12 @ Apr. 24 2011, 7:48 am

>Stewart is, by far, the best actor ever in the Star Trek franchise.

Absolutely.

wissa

Report this Apr. 26 2011, 12:13 pm

probably the best main character.  I'm not willing to say there was never some guest star with a better resume though.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Six of Nine

Report this Apr. 26 2011, 1:09 pm

Stewart was in my top 2 Star Trek actors, he got into his charectar very well.

Scott  Bakula

Leonard Nimoy

those are some of my favs

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

Royalsfanen

Report this Apr. 26 2011, 1:27 pm

I think that Stewart played a major role in shaping the Federation as we now know it in Star Trek. Think about it, I'm not sure that there was a more by the book captain in all of Trek history. Picard was truly a career oriented man and really gave fans a look at what the principles and morals of Starfleet actually were and it just kind of stuck from there. With that being said, he is absolutely an excellent actor.