Which Action Figures Need to be Made?

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 3:27 pm

Playmates made many figures but they were all of low quality.  Art Asylum makes quality figures.  What characters would you like to see collector's quality figures of?

bgiles73

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 4:57 pm

Six of Nine

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 5:13 pm

Quote: bgiles73 @ Apr. 19 2011, 4:57 pm

>Get ready for a long list of aliens . Seriously, though DST needs to at least do a figure of Koloth to complete the Klingon trio. I'd seriously love to see DST do a figure of Q in Judges Robes. Tasha Yar is a definate must. Most of all, I'd really love to see some Hasbro like quality 4" figures for Star Trek. That's my favorite scale. It lends itself really well to some playsets. I was so hoping that the Playmates 2009 line would have brought us a nice bridge set, but like so much of everything else , Playmates missed the boat on that too! I'm hoping that maybe for TNG's 25th Anniversary that maybe DST can bring us a few more TNG goodies.

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

Six of Nine

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 5:14 pm

I agree

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 6:59 pm

What is interesting is Art Asylum doesn't seem to have made any VOY figures.  I would like to have Janeway in the admiral's uniform too.

It would also be nice to get some book figures like Mackenzie Calhoun and Capt Ezri Dax.

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 8:40 pm

Better quality 9" Garak figure, methinks. I'd buy that. (There are only so many O'Brien and Bashir action figures that  a girl can have before she starts to seem a little "silly"-- although wouldn't say no to if there was one of Julian in that white dress uniform.... hint-hint)

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Apr. 20 2011, 7:47 am

I wanted a complete line of Star Trek 4 ones from art asylum and it seems all they made is the Kirk/Spock pack. Although is it me or are the Kirk figures pretty bad? The only one that looked OK to me is the Kirk in the Kirk/Khan Space Seed 2-pack. I would like Voyager as well, I wonder why they didn't make them?

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 20 2011, 7:56 am

You would expect at least all the captains to be made. Not having a Janeway is a HUGE oversight.

I was excited when Playmates made the Calhoun figure but then no one since has made figs based upon popular book figures. When Trekwolf showed me an STO fig, it blew my mind this would be made but not NF or Titan figs.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Apr. 21 2011, 2:50 am

They should make a Janeway/Emergency Command Hologram 2-pack complete with imaginary "Photonic" canon.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 23 2011, 9:51 am

Scotty in dress uniform with kilt.

heather.thompson

Report this Apr. 27 2011, 5:49 am

I want to see a and own a Neelix in the 9inch figures Playmates made. Why didn't they make one?

Others I'd like to see made from Playmates:  Quark, Tasha Yar, T-Pol and Jonathan Archer.

heather.thompson

Report this Apr. 27 2011, 5:56 am

Personally I loved the figures Playmates made, I just don't  understand why they gave them such huge hands on the 9in figures.

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 27 2011, 7:08 am

Playmates makes kid's toys not collectable figures. The faces on them were always terrible and they used the same body mold far too often. I'm done with them. The Art Asylum ENT figs were awesome and negated the need for playmates to make crappy ones.

That said, the playmates 8472 was awesome. I would love Art Asylum to make a better one along with a Mugato. Maybe have a monsters of trek series.

Caalma

Report this Apr. 27 2011, 9:35 am

Captain Dathon would be cool. Darmok is my all time favorite Trek episode. even though it is very similar to the movie "Enemy mine."

Saavik would be cool also. When I was a kid I was in love with Kirstie alley. don't know what happened there though.

my nickname Caalma partly came from Saavik's name.

"Do you think it's possible for two people to go back in time and correct a mistake that never should have happened?" ... "On this ship, anything is possible."

SnugglePuff

Report this Apr. 27 2011, 8:07 pm

How about the characters from the new movie in both the cadet and duty uniforms instead of one or the other =(

There's no easy way in, that's why they send Marines in. Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra, FleetAdmiral_BamBam