Unable to unsubscribe from the newsletter

ramik

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 12:48 am

Recently, I am receiving the newsletter frequently in my mailbox, but i am no more interested in receiving it (I am still a StarTrek fan !!!), I tried clicking on the unsubscribe link, the web pages asks for confirmation then tell me it will take a couple of weeks to completely remove my email from the newsletter, but I keep getting it...

how can I definitively remove myself from the newsletter?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 7:42 am

What newsletter are you talking about?

ramik

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 8:23 am

Today I recevied an email from newsletters@startrek.online.com about offers in the Star Trek official store (such as http://store.startrek.com/products/104971-enterprise-in-space-cookie-jar), there is the link to unsubscribe, that never works.

StarTrek.com
Administrator1

GROUP: Moderators

Report this Apr. 19 2011, 8:30 am

If you have a problem with the unsubscribe function, please contact StarTrek.com customer service using the Help link on the homepage - https://startrek.custhelp.com/

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 30 2011, 5:21 am

I tend to have it in my original email account which I rarely check. That's fine with me I can't purchase any merch. from Star Trek.com store anyways. (They only deliver to US and Canada and I wouldn't trust them if they said otherwise!)

But Yanks. Maybe your email spam filter is dumping the newsletter out -- a possibility. You're really not missing much thought it's just a bunch of ads.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Six of Nine

Report this Apr. 30 2011, 7:04 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Has anyone received a newsletter?

>I'm subscribed and don't beleieved I received anything.

me either

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

ramik

Report this May. 09 2011, 12:54 am

Ok, also today i received another newsletter, with the subject: "Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Sale"

from
STARTREK.COM Newsletter newsletters@startrek.online.com

reply-to
newsletters@startrek.online.com

to
my_email

date
Mon, May 9, 2011 at 09:03

subject
Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Sale

signed-by
startrek.online.com

I went through the removal process for the nth time, and this is the response:

Unsubscribe Newsletter Confirmation

You have unsubscribed from a STARTREK.COM newsletter. Since it takes us approximately 10 business days to process your request, you may receive one remaining edition of the newsletter.

To view all of your STARTREK.COM newsletter subscriptions and/or change your e-mail address log in to STARTREK.com and visit the subscription page:

If you have any questions, or would like to share your thoughts on why you unsubscribed from a STARTREK.COM newsletter, please contact us.

STARTREK.com

love_those_spacemen

Report this Aug. 22 2011, 9:50 pm

I did love this site, but for many reasons haven't visited in quite some time.

While I still consider myself a TOS admirer, I'm no longer interested in receiving the newsletter-- which seems to be mostly sales content.

When I click the "UNSUBSCIBE" link, I'm redirected to a Page Not Found. Isn't it actually illegal to not have the option to be removed from a mailing list? If doing so is possible, would someone mind sharing how?

Really, no one should have to jump through hoops to unsubscribe.

With regrets,