When will they make the next star trek series?

Created by: marshall8472

Jim Kirk

Report this Apr. 16 2011, 4:22 am

Unfortunately I dont think we will ever see another series.   The movies are the future and when they stop making $$$ they will stop.

I hope I am wrong...but we all know I just said what we are all thinking.

There still is a lot of trek out there enjoy.

I just had a horrible thought what if they came out with a news eries and its not good or the loyal star trek fans pick it apart (like with Enterprise).

Lets all promise (raise your right hand and swear) to support what ever series comes out whether you like it or not.

Vger23

Report this Apr. 16 2011, 7:02 am

Wow. Another "new series" topic. Now we're up to one new post per day on this topic.

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 16 2011, 8:01 am

It will be awhile.  CBS will probably have to give up the franchise before it happens.  That and the fans need to be more united than divided.  Probab not gonna happen untill JJ moves on so I say  2020.

Caalma

Report this Apr. 16 2011, 9:15 am

if i ever win the lotto i am gonna try to get the franchise from CBS. it was always my dream to be a writer on a trek series. i even applied to be an intern on enterprise, but there was a LONG waiting list for that.

did that make sence?

"Do you think it's possible for two people to go back in time and correct a mistake that never should have happened?" ... "On this ship, anything is possible."

Ezri Janeway

Report this Apr. 16 2011, 1:07 pm

Quote: Caalma @ Apr. 16 2011, 9:15 am

>seems you have to know someone, who knows someone, who is the guy,  that knows the guy, who is the dude, that knows the dude who is in charge.

>did that make sence?

Having worked in the creative industry, totally!

Well, they brought it back with Next Gen after many years, I dont see why they wont again, under the right circumstances, with the right people. We arent there yet alas, but maybe in a few years, with enough steady fan pressure and someone who has an idea which at least looks like it may makes some money and pitches it at the right time, I dont see why not.

"Let me see if Ive got this straight. You're risking the ship, the crew, and the mission on the assumptions that Helkara and Leishman are engineering geniuses, Tharp is a piloting savant, our transporter chief can work miracles, and the Breen are unwilling to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack?" "Yup." "Damn I LOVE this job."

archer9604

Report this May. 03 2011, 7:47 pm

They should kick off with enterprise- starting from right before the kill off Tucker