Favorite Holodeck Malfunction Episode

Created by: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Apr. 12 2011, 7:17 pm

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

CaptainMauin

Report this Apr. 12 2011, 9:00 pm

Bride of Chaotica!

Goodbye. I am gone.

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 12 2011, 9:25 pm

Gotta be Our Man Bashir for me. Cracks me up how they play with all those spy-movie cliches -- and Julian and Garak doing their thing for a whole episode can't hurt either!

Shumsky

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 4:18 am

Bride of Chaotica! for me, second best Elementary, Dear Data.

Sora

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 8:31 am

Bride of Chaotica! for me as well. But there's a couple that you did leave out. Worst case Scenario is awesome! As well as the Fair Haven program they had on Voyager. Both were good ones. I always loved the holodeck, I thought it was great.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 8:39 am

Bada Bing Badda Bang love Vic Fountain

Camorite

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 5:06 pm

Quote: Trekwolf164 @ Apr. 13 2011, 8:39 am

>Bada Bing Badda Bang love Vic Fountain

except that it was not a real malfunction, as it was an even that was part of the program.

I went with Fistfull of Data's simply becuase it was funny as hell to see Data act like a cowboy, while at the same time he was inadvertantly creating holographic doplegangers that were giveing worf no end of trouble.

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

Camorite

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 5:12 pm

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Apr. 12 2011, 7:17 pm

>Decided to use this as my first poll question to try out that function. It seems they always had trouble with that darn holodeck, so which malfunction episode was your favorite? I think Fistful of Datas is my favorite followed by Our Man Bashir.

you forgot about Spirit Folk and the fair haven malfunction.

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 5:14 pm

Surprised that "Emergence" isn't on the poll... y'know the one where the Enterprise D is giving birth to a jungle gym.

But it's true you can't list everything huh. It's not my fave anyway.

I forgot "Heroes and Demons" not my favourite either but I noticed it on the poll and I reckon it's worth an honourable mention.

Do Voyager episodes with a malfunctioning Doctor count?

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 6:48 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Apr. 13 2011, 5:12 pm

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Apr. 12 2011, 7:17 pm

you forgot about Spirit Folk and the fair haven malfunction.

Sorry, its why I put the "OTHER" option on it, I just put the ones I remembered the most.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 6:54 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Apr. 13 2011, 5:06 pm

Quote: Trekwolf164 @ Apr. 13 2011, 8:39 am

>Bada Bing Badda Bang love Vic Fountain

Oh yeah I forgot it was part of the program, oh well it still was set up like a typical malfunction episode anyway and the crew had to finish that part for it to reset so I think its ok to keep on here. For that matter I should have included the Voyager episode where Seska had tampered with the Mutiny program that Tuvok created that was such a hit with the crew. What was that episode title? I enjoyed it.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

parisandtorres

Report this Apr. 14 2011, 12:55 pm

For TNG - "A Fistful of Datas"

For VOY - "Worst Case Scenario" "Bride of Chaotica!" "Spirit Folk" and just about any other Voyager episode!

DocFanFive

Report this Apr. 14 2011, 2:54 pm

Quote: CaptainMauin @ Apr. 12 2011, 9:00 pm

>Bride of Chaotica!

>It was a good episode, I felt, that was both captivating and funny. I prefer it more for the funny aspect, though. My second favorite's probably Heroes and Demons. I'm biased towards the Voyager series.

exactly!

Call me Doc, 'k? StarTrek.com's Resident Holographic Whovian since 2010.

___Lucifer___

Report this Apr. 14 2011, 8:52 pm

Worst Case Scenario...bonus points for bringing back one of my favorite villains in all of Star Trek, Seska.

Hawklord

Report this Apr. 15 2011, 8:11 am

'The Big Goodbye,' because it was the first and all that followed were using the HOLODECK-AS-PLOT-DEVICE theme.