What if thread, Colonel Chekov (from SG1) and Pavel Chekov

Camorite

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 7:10 am

I was just watching an old episode of Stargate SG1 (one of the top three sci fi series of all time IMO) and saw a Russian officer named Coronel Chekov (and yes i did check the spelling). My question is, if Star Trek and Stargate were part of the same continuity could he have been an ancestor of Pavel Chekov.

NOTE: Please do not go into the subject that Star Trek was considered a work of Fiction in Stargate, as i remember this well. This is entirely a WHAT IF thread.

tribblenator999

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 8:26 am

sure. Although i would would wonder how a stargate earth would become apocolyptic earth seen in first contact. O_O

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 8:39 am

I can't bring the two together - Thanks to the Asguard, we can travel between galaxies and transport, etc...  We'd be a lot further along in the 23rd century.

DocFanFive

Report this Apr. 12 2011, 2:41 pm

So, no, not nesessarily... But it's possible.

Call me Doc, 'k? StarTrek.com's Resident Holographic Whovian since 2010.

Camorite

Report this Apr. 12 2011, 2:59 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>There were tips to Star Trek all throuh SG1.

yeah i know, and i did point that out when i started this thread

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

Camorite

Report this Apr. 12 2011, 3:00 pm

Quote: DocFanFive @ Apr. 12 2011, 2:41 pm

>Chekov is a very common Russian name. Not as common as, say, "Smith", but I can't tell you how many times I've read a book with a Russian character in it and his/her last name was Chekov.

>So, no, not nesessarily... But it's possible.

i will take your word on that doc, but at the same time with all the other trek references in Stargate, it would not surprise me if he had been named for TOS's resident russain.