Your local radio station

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Apr. 09 2011, 11:20 pm

What's your local radio station, and what does it play

Jim Kirk

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 4:31 am

I live in the NY/NJ area and love rock.  cant find it on the dial though.  104.3 is beatles stones who allman brothers pink floyd same songs all day every day (since the 70s).  105.5 is better (not much) but hard to get in.  101.9 is even better but they repeat songs to much.  I listen to 89.5 heavy metal college station but some times they get to crazy (cookie monster music).  I dont know maybe I am the problem LOL.  My favorite stations is NJ101.5 talk radio.

Buy an MP3 or I pod if you are in NY/NJ.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 8:27 am

I hardly listen to radio, but when I do, I just grab one of the country stations.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 9:29 am

Ipod on the Vision

104.3 in the cars

K_tigress

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 1:58 pm

For the most part, i try to avoid local music stations. Who can stand the repetition of the same old songs that are apparently popular over and over again. Ick. But I do listen to the AM station for CKLW for their talk shows at certain times.
I do have a bunch of favorite internet streams though being this rare and good Disney station. It plays a variety of stuff and not that boring and annoying Hanna Montana stuff. Its actually really good and interesting stuff. Like voice and music takes and sounds of the Disney park est.
Have a listen if you like. There are streams for any speed of internet too. Enjoy!

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Ezri Janeway

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 2:52 pm

Our best one is Dragon, which plays only non signed artists and is staffed by volunteers in a not for profit organisation.

Since moving though I dont listen to the radio much, but when I lived up North there was a 'shock-jock' type who had a talk show which veered wildly from hilarious to completely bizzare, depending on the caller.

CaptainMauin

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 8:45 pm

I don't listen to the radio at all, usually, but that's since there's no music that I like being played, and most of the radio stations do not come in properly. All you hear is static, no matter how much adjusting you do. The only radio station that we can get to come in is CFCW. Even then, I still don't listen. All it plays is country music and I don't like country music.

Goodbye. I am gone.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 10:05 pm

I usually listen to 90.7, a local public radio station. (WMFE)

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 10:42 pm

I listen to 101.1 WILD IDAHO, and 99.9 AIR1. I used to listen to 93.1, but now its some sort of weird sports annoucing station.

Also "60's on 6, XM radio."

Nachtkommen

Report this Apr. 11 2011, 1:46 am

I only listen to the radio at work.

It's usually on 100.5 Gen X, which plays mostly 9o's hits.

ColPeg

Report this Apr. 12 2011, 7:59 pm

In Albuquerque 90.7 FM is KLOVE - Christian music - positive and encouraging.

The Commodore and I love to sing along to the songs on the stations below as we travel around in the Shuttle Craft Dine'.

98.5 FM Big Oldies  Beatle Brunch in Sundays!

99.5 FM easy/soft rock

102.3 FM KIOT  KI-O-Tee  oldie rock

103.3 FM KDRF  oldie rock

94.1 FM  hard oldie rock

96.3

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Apr. 12 2011, 8:25 pm

Nachtkommen

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 1:07 am

Quote: Invader_Wishfire @ Apr. 12 2011, 8:25 pm

>I only listen to 98.7 in LA. They normally play alternative from the late 80s through to now, but the program I listen to is Complete Control Radio, every Saturday from 10 PM to midnight. Two hours of nothing but punk.

L.A. has much cooler radio stations than Louisville.

267198ed

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 9:54 am

Eh, nothing good here, but then the radio has never played very great music in my opinion. Which is why I just love Podcast and Pandora!

Not a local but national, NPR. WIN.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

DocFanFive

Report this Apr. 13 2011, 1:24 pm

I don't listen to the radio, usually. My mom does though, so I end up listening to it a lot in the car, but I have no control over what's being played.

Not that I care. my iPod is always there.

Call me Doc, 'k? StarTrek.com's Resident Holographic Whovian since 2010.