ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Should Earth get destroyed in a new series that's set in the future?

Report this
Created by: Ali88

Ali88

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 889

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 6:43 am

In the new star trek movie, we saw the destruction of Vulcan itself


Maybe in a new series we could see the desteuction of Earth itself


Maybe, just to make sure that they'll get high enough ratings, CBS or Paramount will make a new dark and action packed series set in the prime universe in the future like in the 25th or 26th century about the federation being attacked by a new deadly alien race.


Earth itself will get destroyed, millions, billions will die or get injured and the federation will collapse and struggle to survive in their war against the new aliens. The series will explore the quick fall and slow rise again of the federation


Maybe the main character of the series could be the federation president


Maybe it could be called Star Trek: Federation


I know you might think that this idea would ruin Gene Roddenberry's concept of star trek and his vision for the future but I think JJ Abrams has already sailed out on that one

VORTEX8472

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 371

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 6:57 am

Interesting, but sounds too much like Battle Star Galactica!  Star Trek is about a hopefull future not death and destruction. 

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 7:03 am

Blow everything and everyone up. Every movie, every episode. Destroy the galaxy planet by planet.


 


It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 7:51 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:03 am

>

>Blow everything and everyone up. Every movie, every episode. Destroy the galaxy planet by planet.

>


 


Unfortunately, you beat me to it. I was going to say that they should destroy the entire universe, and just have a ship with Mr. Data, The Doctor, Julian Bashir, and Lt. Kyle in an infinite void of nothing. That would be wicked awesome. It could be called "Star Trek: Everything Blown Up" and it would be written by Rod Serling and directed by Stanley Kubrick.


I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 8:54 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:51 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:03 am

>

>

>Blow everything and everyone up. Every movie, every episode. Destroy the galaxy planet by planet.

>

 

Unfortunately, you beat me to it. I was going to say that they should destroy the entire universe, and just have a ship with Mr. Data, The Doctor, Julian Bashir, and Lt. Kyle in an infinite void of nothing. That would be wicked awesome. It could be called "Star Trek: Everything Blown Up" and it would be written by Rod Serling and directed by Stanley Kubrick.


Awesomesauce. And since Archer's beagle disappeared in ST09, we can have him in the void as a Q-like being. Constantly eating cheese treats and starting multiverse incidents (Porthos, you ripped the fabric of space/time, again. Bad dog!). It'll be like reverse Scooby Doo! The team NEVER solves the mystery BEFORE the universe blows up. (Wait, I figured out how to save THIS universe, if we shoot modulated tachyon lasers through subspace at hyper lightspeed factor 10 we can *BOOM!!!!* Um, never mind).


It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

tribblenator999

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3818

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 9:12 am

see in enterprise it's believable that earth could get destroyed cause they had like no ships. How would you expect me to believe earth could get destroyed when earth has like a defense fleet of like 30+ ships plus spacedock there all the time.

jamesspock1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 461

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 10:18 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:51 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:03 am

>

>

>Blow everything and everyone up. Every movie, every episode. Destroy the galaxy planet by planet.

>

 

Unfortunately, you beat me to it. I was going to say that they should destroy the entire universe, and just have a ship with Mr. Data, The Doctor, Julian Bashir, and Lt. Kyle in an infinite void of nothing. That would be wicked awesome. It could be called "Star Trek: Everything Blown Up" and it would be written by Rod Serling and directed by Stanley Kubrick.


I'll back you up on that, it would be a start to a better Trek.

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 10:38 am

Quote: jamesspock1 @ Apr. 08 2011, 10:18 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:51 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:03 am

>

>

>

>Blow everything and everyone up. Every movie, every episode. Destroy the galaxy planet by planet.

>

 

Unfortunately, you beat me to it. I was going to say that they should destroy the entire universe, and just have a ship with Mr. Data, The Doctor, Julian Bashir, and Lt. Kyle in an infinite void of nothing. That would be wicked awesome. It could be called "Star Trek: Everything Blown Up" and it would be written by Rod Serling and directed by Stanley Kubrick.

I'll back you up on that, it would be a start to a better Trek.


 


Agreed! If it would make you shut up for 5 minutes about the last movie, I'd be all for it.


I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 10:44 am

Haven't we seen Earth destroyed enough in science fiction? Trek is one if the few where earth and humans are in good shape so leave it alone. I found it a little ridiculous that Vulcan, being a core and ancient space-faring planet, didn't have better defenses in place.
If you want to see the UFP face an epic disaster, go read Destiny.

jamesspock1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 461

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 10:45 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 08 2011, 10:38 am

Quote: jamesspock1 @ Apr. 08 2011, 10:18 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:51 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:03 am

>

>

>

>

>Blow everything and everyone up. Every movie, every episode. Destroy the galaxy planet by planet.

>

 

Unfortunately, you beat me to it. I was going to say that they should destroy the entire universe, and just have a ship with Mr. Data, The Doctor, Julian Bashir, and Lt. Kyle in an infinite void of nothing. That would be wicked awesome. It could be called "Star Trek: Everything Blown Up" and it would be written by Rod Serling and directed by Stanley Kubrick.

I'll back you up on that, it would be a start to a better Trek.

 

Agreed! If it would make you shut up for 5 minutes about the last movie, I'd be all for it.


Insults, insults, that becomes you.

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 11:08 am

Quote: jamesspock1 @ Apr. 08 2011, 10:45 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 08 2011, 10:38 am

Quote: jamesspock1 @ Apr. 08 2011, 10:18 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:51 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Apr. 08 2011, 7:03 am

>

>

>

>

>

>Blow everything and everyone up. Every movie, every episode. Destroy the galaxy planet by planet.

>

 

Unfortunately, you beat me to it. I was going to say that they should destroy the entire universe, and just have a ship with Mr. Data, The Doctor, Julian Bashir, and Lt. Kyle in an infinite void of nothing. That would be wicked awesome. It could be called "Star Trek: Everything Blown Up" and it would be written by Rod Serling and directed by Stanley Kubrick.

I'll back you up on that, it would be a start to a better Trek.

 

Agreed! If it would make you shut up for 5 minutes about the last movie, I'd be all for it.

Insults, insults, that becomes you.


 


Why thank you sir.


 


I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Lieutenant_Jedi

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1728

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 11:40 am

Great idea for a show Vger! 


On the new season of "Star Trek: Everything blown up" watch as the intrepid crew of the USS Canon uses tachyon pulses and inverted deflector shield beams to create wormholes and time travel paradoxes that actually conform to real scientific principles!


Every episode of this new series will be vetted by a special group of Star trek nerds (led by jamesspock1) that will make sure that every single word and scene coincides with established canon and that nothing is new, original or blasphemous. 


These dedicated nerds will also ensure that every episode contains hidden text and pictures that desecrate the abomination that is 09 Star Trek, and every villain's name is based on JJ or Abrahms. 


"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 11:59 am

Careful guys, not a good time to be acting aggressively in these parts.

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 12:02 pm

Quote: Lieutenant_Jedi @ Apr. 08 2011, 11:40 am

>

>Great idea for a show Vger! 

>On the new season of "Star Trek: Everything blown up" watch as the intrepid crew of the USS Canon uses tachyon pulses and inverted deflector shield beams to create wormholes and time travel paradoxes that actually conform to real scientific principles!

>Every episode of this new series will be vetted by a special group of Star trek nerds (led by jamesspock1) that will make sure that every single word and scene coincides with established canon and that nothing is new, original or blasphemous. 

>These dedicated nerds will also ensure that every episode contains hidden text and pictures that desecrate the abomination that is 09 Star Trek, and every villain's name is based on JJ or Abrahms. 

>


Thou art foolish to mocketh the way of the Canon Disciples. They alone stand between the pure and holy truth of Roddenberry's Way and the wicked machinations of Abrams the Great Deceiver. Be not ye fooled, o great generation! Abrams transforms himself into an agent of light and box office returns, but his way leads to Canon destruction and utter doomdem.


 


It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 12:09 pm

That reminds me, my wife has yet to wear the TOS minidress in a private setting.

It has also been a long time since we discussed the virtues of pudding in my election thread.

I have stuff to do!

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: JOYOFVGR

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum