ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Wrath of Khan

kree8or

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 43

Report this Apr. 06 2011, 6:08 pm

I've just watched WOK for about the miilionath time and one thing that has ALWAYS bugged me, bugged me again. Where did that rat on the science station come from?


AtoZ2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1297

Report this Apr. 06 2011, 6:41 pm

must have escaped from one of the science labs on board the science station...most likely happened when Khan and his crew ripped the place apart looking for Genesis...guess that thought never occurred to you after watching it for the millionth time.

kree8or

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 43

Report this Apr. 06 2011, 6:52 pm

Quote: AtoZ2 @ Apr. 06 2011, 6:41 pm

>

>must have escaped from one of the science labs on board the science station...most likely happened when Khan and his crew ripped the place apart looking for Genesis...guess that thought never occurred to you after watching it for the millionth time.

>


you know, never did


kree8or

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 43

Report this Apr. 07 2011, 9:23 am

You would have thought that in the 24th century, they would have progressed beyond testing on rats surley?


Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 07 2011, 10:18 am

The movie takes place in the 23rd century.

kree8or

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 43

Report this Apr. 07 2011, 12:13 pm

ok 23rd century, still thought there would have been advancments

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 07 2011, 1:38 pm

It's such a small aspect of the movie that I can't imagine letting it bother me. if they were out slaughtering animals to manufacture fur coats, I'd say you might have a gripe. As it is, it was OBVIOUSLY a scene added to increase the level of tension in the film at that moment.


Let's not drown in over-anal-isis folks.

AtoZ2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1297

Report this Apr. 07 2011, 2:48 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 07 2011, 1:38 pm

>

>Let's not drown in over-anal-isis folks.

>


They wouldn't be Star Trek fans if they weren't so anal.


I am sure their computers can predict results just like ours.
How ever the actual testing of new serums, drugs, or other things on living subjects would still be the single best way of confirming effects even in the 25th century

"Thank Pitch Forks and Pointed Ears"

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 10:41 am

Quote: AtoZ2 @ Apr. 07 2011, 2:48 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 07 2011, 1:38 pm

>

>

>Let's not drown in over-anal-isis folks.

>

They wouldn't be Star Trek fans if they weren't so anal.

I am sure their computers can predict results just like ours. How ever the actual testing of new serums, drugs, or other things on living subjects would still be the single best way of confirming effects even in the 25th century


It's probably JJ ABRAM'S FAULT!!! ARRGGHGHGHGHGH CANON!! TOO MANY EXPLOSIONS!!! GRRRRRRRRR!! I'M STEAMING MAD...!!!!!


I AM KEE-ROCK!!

janewayjunkie74656

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3227

Report this Apr. 08 2011, 11:33 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 08 2011, 10:41 am

Quote: AtoZ2 @ Apr. 07 2011, 2:48 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 07 2011, 1:38 pm

>

>

>

>Let's not drown in over-anal-isis folks.

>

They wouldn't be Star Trek fans if they weren't so anal.

I am sure their computers can predict results just like ours. How ever the actual testing of new serums, drugs, or other things on living subjects would still be the single best way of confirming effects even in the 25th century

It's probably JJ ABRAM'S FAULT!!! ARRGGHGHGHGHGH CANON!! TOO MANY EXPLOSIONS!!! GRRRRRRRRR!! I'M STEAMING MAD...!!!!!


JJ's fault for TWOK..........???


Join Moon Crater Plaza! A great new board looking for lots of new members! http://s4.zetaboards.com/Moon_Crater_Plaza/index/

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 09 2011, 7:50 am

Quote: janewayjunkie74656 @ Apr. 08 2011, 11:33 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 08 2011, 10:41 am

Quote: AtoZ2 @ Apr. 07 2011, 2:48 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 07 2011, 1:38 pm

>

>

>

>

>Let's not drown in over-anal-isis folks.

>

They wouldn't be Star Trek fans if they weren't so anal.

I am sure their computers can predict results just like ours. How ever the actual testing of new serums, drugs, or other things on living subjects would still be the single best way of confirming effects even in the 25th century

It's probably JJ ABRAM'S FAULT!!! ARRGGHGHGHGHGH CANON!! TOO MANY EXPLOSIONS!!! GRRRRRRRRR!! I'M STEAMING MAD...!!!!!

JJ's fault for TWOK..........???


 


nevermind, you're late to the party.  


I AM KEE-ROCK!!

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1401

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 4:26 am

Well the main question is what would a station full of scientists who are working on planetary terraforming project need with lab rats? I assume they could be a more broad research facility but I always got the impression that Regula 1 was only for the Genesis project, but I could be wrong.


Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 6:53 am

It's probably a question worthy of pages of debate.

AtoZ2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1297

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 7:32 am

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Apr. 10 2011, 4:26 am

>

>Well the main question is what would a station full of scientists who are working on planetary terraforming project need with lab rats? I assume they could be a more broad research facility but I always got the impression that Regula 1 was only for the Genesis project, but I could be wrong.

>


You don't think they would also be studying the effects of Genesis Waves on Living organism at different exposure rates and durations?
There's probably dozens of reasons I can't even think of why lab mice would be present on the station.

"Thank Pitch Forks and Pointed Ears"

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 3:32 pm

Um, ST isn't real. Writers may try to add a touch of known real-world science and a lot of technobabble, but at the end of the day most folks would fail basic science evaluations if they used ST for lessons.


Besides, gene sequencing became possible in the late 70's and early gene mapping in the mid 80's. TWOK came out in 1982. Were the writers supposed to be clairvoyant?


It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum