Perhaps there should be a new forum

CO_Fowler

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 10:45 am

By that I mean a forum where members, or as Admin seems to want to call us; users, could ask Admin questions about anything without fear of reprisal or 'indefinate suspension' AKA banning/nuking.

Of course there would be rules to be followed:  No name calling, no use of RL names, no flaming, no baiting and the such.  Yet we members could ask Admin for things like clarification on things that Admin does that we members just don't understand.

It would also be a forum that would be a two-way street.  Admin could also ask us members why we do something or ask us questions in general.  There would have to be one other rule and that would cover locking of threads.  It seems to me that when memebrs start asking Admin hard questions, or even just asking for more clarification on something, Admin tends to lock up the thread and perhaps ban/nuke members instead of trying to work with us members.

Maybe I'm wrong but that is how I'm reading it.  Kind of like the kids on the playground and one of the kids decides that they're just not gonna play anymore......so there!  Sorry, but that's the only anology I could come up with right now ^_^  But I hope one gets the idea of what I'm trying to say here.

Newbies/noobs should have to wonder if they're going to be attacked &/or banned when they join any board/site.  Sad to say it is happening becuase of a few people here that have seem to make it their job to play at or act like they are Admin/Mods and they are allowed to remain here to keep doing it.

Sorry that my idea has turned into a bit of a venting thread, but it had to be said and pointed out.  Sorry if I have now hurt Admins feelings, but what about the feelings of the Newbies/Noobs that have joined here looking for fun and fellowship of fellow Star Trek fans that then get attacked by some here simply becuase those others feel that they just know, even without proof, that it's really a previously banned member coming back?

:: sigh ::  I guess all I am trying to say to Admin is this:  Not eveyone here is trying to do Admins job for them.  We know that Admin has a real life and doesn't spend 24/7 here.  We, most of us here, are trying to help Admin out.  We may see things that Admin doesn't see.  We, the majority of us, want ST.com to be the greatest website out there!!  All we ask is that Admin listen to us, talk to us, let us help.  We don't want to just 'take' from the board, we want to'give back' to the board!! ^_^

Okay, I've got to check on my kid.  Hope Admin sees that this isn't an attack on them presonally!  It's a suggestion and my own personal POV.  Admin, please let us help you make this a fantastic board again!!  Please!

Peace!

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

Beccs_

POSTS: 41931

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 11:02 am

Won't happen . . .

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 11:05 am

I can see the trouble maker is at it again.

"Admin, yes I know that there are some people here that seem to want to get rid of every single member on the site so that they can crow about how they closed down ST.com.  But the majority of us members here want ST.com to be a thriving and fun place to gather!!  We want to help make this site a site that others will want to come to and stay!!  And use!  And then tell their friends about so they come and see what a cool place it is!  But, right now, it doesn't feel like that fun and cool place it used to be.

If I, a dumb blond, can see that there are things wrong then others can see it too.  I've had friends and family come check out the boards.  A couple joined and one of them was attacked by a few posters here and then they got an email saying that they were 'indefinatly suspended for violation of the TOU'.  They don't even know why they were 'suspeneded'.  Becasue of that I have begun telling people to 'enter at their own risk' here.  And I shouldn't have to do that."

I have seen and reported items like the above.

CO _Fowel may have some vaid points

Just my honest opinion

CO_Fowler

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 11:08 am

LOL I may have, hmmm?  Still luv ya, TW

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 11:17 am

That is why I keep saying the administrators need to communicate better when they and we have issues. If they would open a dialog sooner we could avoid these problems. By sitting on the sidelines too long, problems get out of hand. By not observing member activity, they have a hard time telling the oppressors from the victims and end up punishing both.

Perhaps too, they should pick some long time members they find to be impartial, decent, and mature and appoint these as moderators to keep the trolls at bay. And, they would probably do this for free!

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 11:23 am

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 6:17 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Completly dissagree

Members are guests here.

Admin is in charge and should be.

as mentioned before to many members here already trying to act like Admin, not their place.

CO_Fowler

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 11:51 am

But there were members here that were Mods on the old PDE chat.  True, they were paid my Paramount, but there were more good ones than bad ones.  It can be done.  I've seen other MBs use member Mods/Hosts with success, but those only work because member Mods only have limited powers and have to report to Admin, who holds the ultimate power.

Anyhoo, all I'm asking for now is a forum where members can discuss things with Admin wihtout fear of being 'indefinatly suspeneded' simply for voicing an opinon or asking a question or asking for clarification.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 3:13 pm

LoveBug1701

Report this Mar. 31 2011, 10:10 pm

That's really sad.  I thought "CBS cares"???

-----------------------

I love Furgenson's Show

Matthias Russell

Report this Apr. 01 2011, 4:18 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>That's really sad.  I thought "CBS cares"???

"I care"

And that is a big reason why we are losing more fans to star wars. They care enough to give the fans what they want.

Tureaz'47

Report this Apr. 01 2011, 12:02 pm

Hi CO!

I'm pessimistic about things changing, unless their policies or whatever they have in place change.

We've tried on many occasions, putting these issue's forward. We have ever since the change. Perhaps it's a case of "NEVER GIVING UP!" Someone will hear eventually.

In fairness to Admin; we don't really know what kind of constraints they are under. We do need someone on the mods; who care about ST. and it's members, and to value what is being put forward. It's all part of the moderating process.

We can hope for change!

Thanks for your continuous input into these issue's that need the occassional reassessment.

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

Ryssk

Report this Apr. 02 2011, 2:54 pm

I gave up on this board months ago. It's become the Duke Nukem Forever of message boards: forever in beta and forever mismanaged. I'll probably get nuked/banned for saying it, but that's just indicative of what's wrong with this board and why I gave up.

CO_Fowler

Report this Apr. 02 2011, 3:01 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>They have the opportunity to conduct 2-way communications now CO.

They do??

CO_Fowler

Report this Apr. 02 2011, 3:06 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>They have the opportunity to conduct 2-way communications now CO.

They do??

Sure, in any thread they wish.

Ahhhhh!  But they have to choose to do that.  We can make the firwt step, but they need to take the next step and talk with us.

CO_Fowler

Report this Apr. 02 2011, 8:18 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>They have the opportunity to conduct 2-way communications now CO.

They do??

Sure, in any thread they wish.

I agree CO, but I'm not sure another "forum" is going to make a difference. I could be wrong.

True, but there should be somewhere or someway that we members can talk to and ask Admin things without fear of Admin just up and handing out an 'infinate suspension' simply because someone asking the Admin a hard question or two.

Esp why some members and newbies get reported and nuked simply on another members say so when that other member may be doing the same thing they are accusing another of doing yet they seem to be imune from Admins 'Indefinant suspension'.  :: Shrugs shoulders ::

*Edited to fix a spelling error*

Beccs_

POSTS: 41931

Report this Apr. 07 2011, 7:32 pm

THis section looks a lot cleaner with the removal of the baiting war from the other thread.

Kudos to admin for the clean up.  It's just a pity we lost a good member (Seer) from ST.com along with the others.