"These Are The Voyages"

Challengerdyer1

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 10:10 am

I posted this a long time ago but, in "These Are the Voyages" and I think it is right in the beginning, the scene in Ten-Forward with Riker and Troi when Riker is sobbing in his synthehol, as the waitress picks up the tray of drinks from the bar and walks away you see Riker and Troi sitting at a table at the far end of the room.  The camera pans left and you see Picard and Data talking to a man who I believe is a Betazoid representative and BEHIND THEM is Commander Riker playing 3-D chess with a Ferengi!!!!!  It's from "Menage a' Troi"!!!!!!!!!  Now immediately after this scene Riker and Troi are continuing their conversation into the corridor so I have to assume they were in the real Ten-Forward.  Besides, why would they go to the trouble of creating a holodeck program from that specific mission just to have a couple drinks?  You have to love the lack of attention to detail that was given to TATV!

With that said, I have actually come to accept RB's and BB's "apologies" for TATV.  I have to forgive this episode if I accept the gift of all the great ones.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 1:33 pm

How about the entire series.

Camorite

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 2:09 pm

how about you go take a long walk out the nearest airlock wolf.

as to the topic athand, there are many problems with TATV that people have noticed over the years. one of the main reasons that many would rather have Terra Prime as the last episode of the series instead.

Camorite

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 2:26 pm

so do i, to bad they didn't show at least some of it.

Ghostmojo

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 3:04 pm

To break the ice and lighten the mood, I heard he started with "did you hear the one about the helpful Vulcan..."

Ghostmojo

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 3:10 pm

What you've never heard a speech start with a joke? Get the audience on your side. There were probably plenty of Andorians in the audience ...

Camorite

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 6:27 pm

Substitute ENT for TNG and it's AOK

eccept that you would then need to get the case of TNG to return.

Camorite

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 6:32 pm

matter of opinion bite me, matter of opinion.

that is not to say that TNG was not a great series, but in the end it comes down to a matter of opinion of the fan watching the series.

Camorite

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 6:57 pm

sorry to dissapoint you bite me, but,... actually i'm not sorry at all.

BTW you kind of remind me of this pompus ass i used to go back and forth with a while back named drgogira. you related to him.

Camorite

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 7:12 pm

well, just thought i would ask, after all you never know who you are talking to on these boards.

WkdYngMan

Report this Mar. 28 2011, 2:34 am

That's actually very funny.  Also, in observing the screen caps in that same shot with the two rikers, the one with the new Riker appears to have strange green lighting on the floor that vanishes once they do the close up shots.  I'm also looking at screen caps where Riker is looking at the crew bios in Ten Foward.  The "Bio" stuff beside the picture is full of jibberish like "I wonder if this will be readible on (something something something)?  Actually, I will write this sentence, etc.