Full Circle (Voyager) whats next?

Jim Kirk

Report this Mar. 25 2011, 2:44 pm

I am almost done with Full Circle and was wondering if there is a follow up book.  Rememebr I am not done so no spoilers please.

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 4:10 am

Unworthy is next. Children of the Storm comes out in May. Unworthy is awesome btw.

Guess we now have our VOY thread. Lets hope Ms Beyer joins us.

j3067

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 8:11 am

I agree that Kristen Beyer did an exceptional job with the Voyager Crew.  I'll buy her next Trek or original book simply because she wrote it.

Jim Kirk

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 1:11 pm

Kirsten Beyer has become my (first) favorite author.  Never had a favorite author before.. never even cared who wrote the book till I loved a bunch of books and found out she wrote all of the ones I loved.

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 6:59 pm

Jeri Taylor and Diane Carey have done some nice Voyager work.  It is interesting how, to me, the best Voyager writers are female.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 28 2011, 8:34 am

In all honesty there have not been that many Voyager writers, period.

That series got ignored in the book department.

I am looking forward to finding out what race the Captain Eden belongs to, and if they touch on the conversion of the Borg.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 28 2011, 9:32 am

If you check beta, there used to be many voyager books. Not as many as tos and tng, but the franchise was dying at that point.

Isn't it odd that the alien Eden was married to the alien admiral . . . Whatever? I loved when he was floating in space trying to swim home.

I also like how the bridge was changed to have a center chair.

Unworthy had a bit of a Titan feel, didn't it?

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 29 2011, 4:52 am

Jedi and I have been discussing this, I'd like to put it out there for the Voyager readers: Should Q restore Janeway and does she need to be in the Voyager books?

CO_Fowler

Report this Mar. 29 2011, 11:23 am

MR, I agree, Unworthy is an excellent read!

As for Janeway and Q......might be interesting if Q or his wife, Q, decided to make Janeway a Q.

Other than that, I don't know if Janeway should be brought back.  I kind of like how Chakotay and Seven are ....how to say it without a spoiler.....evolving as characters.  As well as the others.  But that's just MHO  ^_^

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 30 2011, 8:15 am

Janeway should eventually be brought back, but I want it to be in a book dedicated to her return, and the events that lead up to it.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 30 2011, 10:54 am

And if/when she returns it should be because she has some unique skill to bring to an issue or the Q are testing to see if she has learned the lessons from "Before Dishonor".

willowtree

Report this Mar. 30 2011, 12:46 pm

I can't wait for the next Voyager books! I was not a huge fan of the reboot when Golden had the story, but now that Ms. Beyer has them, they are fantastic

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 30 2011, 2:23 pm

No comment on returning Janeway or leaving her dead, Willowtree?

j3067

Report this Mar. 30 2011, 6:29 pm

I think I am on the same page with CO_Fowler.  I like the track the crew is and how things have developed with the characters as they deal with her loss.  I'd also be fine with her coming back down the line, but I think this needs to be 3-4 books down the line at the soonest. Seeing her come back in some other roll besides a starfleet officer would also be interesting to me.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 30 2011, 11:45 pm

The Voyager story is plenty interesting enough without Janeway. I also love the idea that StarFleet has sent several vessels to explore. An exploration "fleet" has always made more sense to me than just a single vessel.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Users browsing this forum: crimsyn