Are there any good Star Trek video games out there?

tmntfanboy

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 3:23 pm

Are there any good Star Trek video games out there? Or games that a Trek fan would enjoy?

Caesar753

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 6:38 pm

I like Star Trek Legacy on Xbox 360.  It's also on PC, but I hear that version isn't as good.

parrothead117

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 9:23 pm

I liked Voyager Elite Force, and DS9 The Fallen.  They probably show their age now, and your system may even have difficulty playing them correctly.  But if you don't mind retro gaming, check them out.

For really retro gaming, find a copy of Star Trek for NES.  It's an 8-bit puzzle/adventure game with a lot of clever references to TOS episodes.

"We must strive to be more than we are, Lal. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." - Data, "The Offspring"

___Lucifer___

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 10:39 pm

Star Trek: The Game Show is awesome if you can find it.

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 24 2011, 6:07 am

Star Trek Online MMO, if course.

exeter276

Report this Mar. 24 2011, 9:52 am

I was playing ST Legacy last night (very good ship graphics IMO) I need to bite the bullet and buy the MMO.

tmntfanboy

Report this Mar. 25 2011, 3:36 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Mar. 24 2011, 6:07 am

>Star Trek Online MMO, if course. You really have to specify a game platform and type of game. As said, Legacy is good on xbox but not PC and requires a lot of time with levels. For PC the Armada games were fun. A Final Unity was like playing a TNG episode and I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the info, Mathias. What platform was Final Unity for? I'm guessing PC? If so, do you know if it will run on Windows Vista/7 or is there an emulator out there for it?

tmntfanboy

Report this Mar. 25 2011, 3:39 pm

I will mention that I did enjoy Mass Effect for Xbox 360. Too bad it wasn't a Trek game. If they made a game just like it using the TNG universe, it would be awesome! Of course that will never happen though. It's a shame that TNG isn't still around to market games and films after. The show was so ahead of it's time, but imagine what they could do with it now in regards to special effects. None of today's shows are nearly as well written though.

crewman_33

Report this Mar. 28 2011, 5:13 pm

I'm going retro here lol I always loved the NES and Sega games!
I never did get to play the one for super nintendo starfleet academy.

I'd love to have a good star trek game where you could just roam around the ship and go play in the holodeck....kind of like the Grand Theft Auto series.

jbondrocks

Report this Apr. 02 2011, 6:33 pm

Old school Starfleet Academy for PC was ok...and agreeing with Matthias saying the MMO.

targ777

Report this Jul. 11 2011, 4:17 pm

I like Flashtrek on www.maxgames.com. It's based on the alternate reality.

Kapla!

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Jul. 11 2011, 10:55 pm

I play Star Trek Legacy with the Trek Battles 3 mod. It adds so many playable ships it makes the game much more enjoyable. I also replay Elite Force and Elite Force 2 a lot as well. I also gotta say I really had fun playing Birth of the Federation (once I got used to it).

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

DanielRydstrom

Report this Jul. 12 2011, 10:04 am

On E3 they announced a new game, with the same engine as Mass Effect (which shares resemblance to the Star Trek Universe anyway).

Trajan

Report this Jul. 13 2011, 9:27 am

Star Trek: The 25th Anniversary and Star Trek: Judgements Rites, both for PC, were my favorite Star Trek games of all time.  The updated versions even included voice overs from the original actors.

As mentioned earlier, Star Trek: The 25th Anniversary for the NES was a good one was well.

data1355

Report this Sep. 03 2011, 11:18 am

There are also a few games for gaming consoles.

Star Trek Conquest (Wii and PS2). In this game you take control of one of five races and battle to dominate the galaxy. You command up to three fleets, build stations and fortification and battle for control of different systems and homeworlds.

Star Trek Tactical Assault (Nintendo DS). This game takes place during TOS movies. You can take control of either the Federation or the Klingons. There are 15 missions per race which involves movement, scanning and attacking.

I highly recommend both of these games.

Users browsing this forum: miklamar