Why were DS9 reruns stopped

Created by: Six of Nine

Six of Nine

Report this Mar. 22 2011, 1:34 pm

Share your thoughts here I think 3.5 years is enough and now I have to rent it on DVD (never used to like it now I do) and I want to see it on TV.

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

HisRoyalHighnessTheKing

Report this Mar. 22 2011, 10:56 pm

Depends where you live.

In England, DS9 is on everyday.

May God Save The King

Mantaray

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 10:42 am

I don't understand the question.    Yes or NO is not a Why answer.

Six of Nine

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 1:58 pm

read the desription

CaptainMauin

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 8:35 pm

DS9 was never taken off TV around here. See, in Canada, we have a channel dedicated to shows like Trek. Space plays TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY (used to play ENT until summer ended).

Goodbye. I am gone.

Trekkie 12

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 4:19 pm

I really like DS9, and it would be great on air. Besides, who doesn't like Odo?

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

juliansgirl7

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 6:52 am

Jaeih

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 8:30 pm

Quote: juliansgirl7 @ Mar. 27 2011, 6:52 am

>Because the only channel that had the rights to air DS9 in the USA-Spike-refuses to do so.  They'd rather put on shows for the culturally challenged

I know, they used to be pretty decent with airing the occasional good program like DS9. Now it's 99.9% rubbish.

~Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow~

juliansgirl7

Report this Mar. 28 2011, 7:20 am

Apparently a redneck got control of the programming

Maybe it was Larry the Cable Guy

24thcenstfan

Report this Mar. 28 2011, 7:23 pm

I would love for DS9 to air again in my area, but unfortunately Spike TV would rather run Star Wars movies over and over and over and over again instead of airing DS9.

I'm left to believe the head of programming there is a Warsie instead of a Trekkie. LOL.

I wish another network would buy the rights to air the series.

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

genopyka

Report this Mar. 28 2011, 9:09 pm

Is Enterprise the only series that we can watch here...why do they only have clips for DS9, would really like to watch DS9 with my son.

capt.john

Report this Mar. 30 2011, 8:53 am

why did they stop. they should ask us the fans of star trek. we don't like the reruns we like the new one and the old but up date ones

capt.john in deep space nine where no one has every gone before!!!!!!

the bungalo bill

Report this May. 08 2011, 4:16 pm

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this May. 08 2011, 9:10 pm

Ratings matter.

If you are frustrated, You tube search for the shows. They are all available online.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 09 2011, 5:28 am

Of course none of us want them off the air when we're fans but if they aren't bringing in advertising revenue, what do you expect the network to do? This is pretty silly.