What Conventions Are You Attending? (2011)

Trekkie 12

Report this Mar. 21 2011, 4:52 pm

I get to go to 2011 Vegas and 2011 Chicago convention. What are you doing???

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

ACottrill

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 1:47 am

Are you referring to only ST ones? >.> I've never been to an ST one...ever. Never really had the strong urge to go.

However, me and the boytoy go to horror conventions (his thing, not really mine)...and, this year, we have 8 of them, to attend, so far. More to be added, I'm sure. -.-

'-reward for your good heart occurs in this world as the knowledge that love is its own reward and that there are others who appreciate you for who you are.' - Walter Koenig

willowtree

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 10:58 am

hubbs and I are going to a few cons this year. Philly comic con, Chiller Theatre, Shore Leave, and the NJ Creation con. We might go to some more comic cons depending on who the guests are

dag1701

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 2:19 pm

Las Vegas!!

Wild_

Report this Mar. 24 2011, 5:51 pm

Damn, you are so lucky. =/

I still hope a miracle for this year. Maybe Las Vegas ? Pleaaaaase. T_T

Take a look at my Blog ! www.doubledumbass.tumblr.com

Faroutman

Report this Mar. 25 2011, 5:28 am

Quote: Wild_ @ Mar. 24 2011, 5:51 pm

>Damn, you are so lucky. =/

>I can't go in a convention, me. First : I'm not 18 so I can't go in the USA alone. (i'm from Canada) Second : There's no %?#!@ convention in Quebec. Maybe in Ontario, in Toronto I think, but it's at 8 hours from where I live. -_- The only advantage to live here is... that I was born very close to where William Shatner was born. \o/

>I still hope a miracle for this year. Maybe Las Vegas ? Pleaaaaase. T_T

That's a damn shame there used to be a great one in Montreal back when I was young and the world was new... wonder why the birth place of William Shatner is being snubbed by conventions now?

I'm going to the Chicago Trek convention and I wish there was a Firefly one coming close to Indy/Chicago area but not looking like it.

Elim Garak: Remember: it's not just Tain we're looking for. The Maryland, the Proxima, the Sarajevo, Starfleet ships that have been lost in the Gamma Quadrant for years; and their crews - brave soldiers, warriors of the Federation unaccounted for... We owe it to them to do everything in our power to find them and bring them home. It's the honorable thing to do. Worf: You use that word, but you have no idea what it means. Elim Garak: Maybe not. But you do.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Mar. 25 2011, 11:11 am

Auckland's Armageddon, just like last year... and the year before... and the one before that. I love Armageddon, actually... me and ma' mates go, they aren't all 'nerds'... but the ones that (frankly) are, join me.
Not sure if they'll be Star Trek people there... we'll find out in June...

Jaxa5

Report this Mar. 25 2011, 1:04 pm

I will be going to Las Vegas! It's my first convention and I will be celebrating my 30th birthday! SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

mdesjardins

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 2:05 am

I really want to go to the Vegas con, but it's so expensive!

I've never been to a ST con, but I go to San Diego Comicon every year = SO amazing.

I'm from San Diego but I go to school in the San Fran area- are there any ST cons you would suggest I attend??? :/

There are so many! hahaha I know the Vegas one is huge- my friends and I have been checking it out... but over $300 for the smallest package?? And that doesn't even cover everything- all the special events are individually paid for!? :X

Happy Birthday Leonard Nimoy!!! You are one of the most talented, inspirational, and respectable people to have ever garnered so much fame. llap, always.

megan512

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 7:49 am

I'm going to the Vegas Con this year. I'm so excited! I'd like to go to the Chicago Con again (I went last year) but with Vegas and everything I don't think I'll be able to. That and I'd have to miss school, and I don't know if my parents would let me.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 5:19 pm

I'm hoping I'll get to go to Las Vegas. I am SOOOOOOOO excited! I've never been to a convention! (It's still really iffy, but.......)

I'm just ECSTATIC because I heard that Kate Mulgrew and BRENT SPINER are going to be there. hehehehehehehehehehe *jumps up and down as if on a sugar rush*

lnagr1

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 9:39 pm

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 10:33 pm

Quote: lnagr1 @ Mar. 26 2011, 9:39 pm

>We dont get many conventions here in brisbane! there was 1 in 1999 i went to it, and went onto the original enterprise bridge!!! woot!

Really? The original? THAT IS SO COOL!!! hehehe

lnagr1

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 2:05 am

Yeah it was the original but i cant remember it sadly, i was really young!!! but hey, it sounds cool!!

trekhed68

Report this Mar. 27 2011, 6:50 am

One of these days, I'll get myself to Vegas for the big one. For this year, however, I'll be keeping it local--going to try and make it to the con in Parsippany, June 24-26...

"Those who would sacrifice essential Liberty in order to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin