Who's a better captain: Kirk or Picard?

Logiclovr

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 10:11 pm

Kirk was obviously better. For one thing: hair. For another, he was all about taking action and not sitting around talking about what he was going to do. James T. Kirk for ever!!!

267198ed

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 10:13 pm

Jean-Luc Picard.

Just saying his name is enough reason.

And for the exact reason that you want to know why I shall not elaborate.

(snarkyness may or may not be included in this message)

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 12:22 am

Kirk is ma' (second) man!!! (Sisko kicks ass, tho) Picard is probzz moi least favz cappin frm ST...

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 12:32 am

Woah! iBorg... gettin a bit street there, man...

lnagr1

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 1:45 am

That is so hard, i cant choose!

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 2:26 am

Kirk is number 1, everyone else is number 2 or lower.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 4:42 am

staran

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 4:43 am

who would be a better REAL captain? Picard.

If I was stuck on a starships, I want him as my captain. If I was an admiral, I would want him as my captain.

As a sci fi perspective, or herioc perspective, and even a fiction perspective, it is Kirk, all day. Every day.

"DROP KICK HIM AGAIN KIRK!"

sweatervested1

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 5:20 am

Not even close! Captain Picard! "He was cool under fire as a mountain lake."

staran

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 5:41 am

How many people did Picard drop kick or karate chop to the neck? NOT ONE

Vger23

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 6:14 am

I can't believe that this question gets asked at least once a week.

konarciq

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 8:12 am

Yeah, it seems to come up very often lately.

Anyway, to repeat my standard answer: I like Kirk better as a person, but I´d rather have Picard for my captain - I´d feel a lot safer!

(If you want it more elaborated, check out some of the earlier similar questions.)

DammitJim6200

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 2:51 pm

For the 123,675 TH TIME, NO OTHER CAPTAIN IS BETTER THAN ONE Jean Luc Picard.. Kirk was a cartoon an egotistical gigalo who live to run down to every fracking planet when a captain suppose to run his ship, he lives to get his shirt ripped and bang the bimbo of the week, he's nothing without his buddies Spock and Bones at the end of their skirmishes they laugh about it and fly off into the next melee. When Picard entered, Star Trek matured.......Clearly Picard was and is what a real Star ship captain would be like, he is dignified, his libido wasn't in overdrive, without bluster he instilled confidence and security with his crew..Picard proved that there's more to being a captain than getting into fights and sleeping with anything with breats and a tight outfit.

267198ed

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 2:54 pm

Quote: DammitJim6200 @ Mar. 18 2011, 2:51 pm

>For the 123,675 TH TIME, NO OTHER CAPTAIN IS BETTER THAN ONE Jean Luc Picard.. Kirk was a cartoon an egotistical gigalo who live to run down to every fracking when a captain suppose to run his ship, he lives to get his shirt ripped and bang the bimbo of the week, he's nothing without his buddies Spock and Bones at the end of their skirmishes they laugh about it and fly off into the next melee. When Picard entered, Star Trek matured.......Clearly Picard was and is what a real Star ship captain would be like, he was dignified, his libido wasn't in overdrive, without bluster he instilled confidence and security with his crew..Picard proved that there's more to being a captain than getting into fights and sleeping with anything with breats and a tight outfit.

Quoted for its awesomeness.

Picard FTW.

Though I can understand why people like Kirk, character wise, though I also prefer Picard here too.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

MSGene

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 5:54 pm

They're both great. The best two of all captains