ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Star Trek's worst enemy

Report this
Created by: KelisThePoet

Six of Nine

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 622

Report this Mar. 22 2011, 2:38 pm

George died when Star Wars came out

mccoyfan45

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 105

Report this Mar. 22 2011, 3:29 pm

Why would Data be Star Trek's worst enemy? I always thought he was one the most popular TNG characters, and I loved him in First Contact. Wesley Crusher I could understand, but Data?

Shouna

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 34

Report this Mar. 22 2011, 9:44 pm

ITA Treknoir: Gearge Lucas-----> Jar Jar binks.

KelisThePoet

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 636

Report this Mar. 22 2011, 11:28 pm

Quote: mccoyfan45 @ Mar. 22 2011, 3:29 pm

>Why would Data be Star Trek's worst enemy? I always thought he was one the most popular TNG characters, and I loved him in First Contact. Wesley Crusher I could understand, but Data?


OK, let me explain.  We all know that Berman ruined Star Trek, and Data is the most iconic example of Berman Trek.  Further, if we pin the blame for Berman Trek on Data, we have covered Braga's contributions to Trek's destruction, as well, thus eliminating the need to divide our hostilities between two enemies.  And yet, though we all know that Berman ruined Star Trek through TNG and its derivatives, we all know that TNG was all Roddenberry's doing, so Data represents Roddenberry's mishandling of the franchise, as well as Berman's.


That takes care of about half of Data's competitors for the honor of Star Trek's worst enemy.  Moving on to J. J. Abrams, it is common knowledge that Abrams' greatest crime against the Star Trek franchise was the inclusion of R2D2 in the 2009 movie.  And what was this cameo but a shameless way to capitalize on Data's popularity by featuring a similar robot?  And surely if Data is associated with Abrams' use of R2D2, he is also associated with George Lucas' creation of the character in the first place.


So, by logic more sound than the logic typically used on message boards against the enemies of the Star Trek franchise, I have proven that Data is more responsible for the destruction of the franchise than are any of the other potential candidates for Star Trek's worst enemy, except perhaps Snowball and Crewman Chell--but blaming them would just be silly.


Falor was a prosperous merchant who went on a journey to gain greater awareness: Through storms he crossed the Voroth Sea/ To reach the clouded shores of Raal/ Where old T’Para offered truth./ He traveled through the windswept hills/ And crossed the barren Fire Plains/ To find the silent monks of Kir./ Still unfulfilled, he journeyed home/ Told stories of the lessons learned/ And gained true wisdom by the giving. – Falor’s Journey, “Innocence”

mccoyfan45

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 105

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 5:57 am

Quote: KelisThePoet @ Mar. 22 2011, 11:28 pm

Quote: mccoyfan45 @ Mar. 22 2011, 3:29 pm

>

>Why would Data be Star Trek's worst enemy? I always thought he was one the most popular TNG characters, and I loved him in First Contact. Wesley Crusher I could understand, but Data?

OK, let me explain.  We all know that Berman ruined Star Trek, and Data is the most iconic example of Berman Trek.  Further, if we pin the blame for Berman Trek on Data, we have covered Braga's contributions to Trek's destruction, as well, thus eliminating the need to divide our hostilities between two enemies.  And yet, though we all know that Berman ruined Star Trek through TNG and its derivatives, we all know that TNG was all Roddenberry's doing, so Data represents Roddenberry's mishandling of the franchise, as well as Berman's.

That takes care of about half of Data's competitors for the honor of Star Trek's worst enemy.  Moving on to J. J. Abrams, it is common knowledge that Abrams' greatest crime against the Star Trek franchise was the inclusion of R2D2 in the 2009 movie.  And what was this cameo but a shameless way to capitalize on Data's popularity by featuring a similar robot?  And surely if Data is associated with Abrams' use of R2D2, he is also associated with George Lucas' creation of the character in the first place.

So, by logic more sound than the logic typically used on message boards against the enemies of the Star Trek franchise, I have proven that Data is more responsible for the destruction of the franchise than are any of the other potential candidates for Star Trek's worst enemy, except perhaps Snowball and Crewman Chell--but blaming them would just be silly.


 


I don't think everybody agrees that Rick Berman ruined Star Trek-the poll itself shows this. However, if Berman had anything to do with the creation of Wesley Crusher, the all time worst ST character, then I guess one could say he hurt the franchise. Unlike Crusher, Data is a very popular character among TNG fans, so I think you'll have a hard time convincing people that he, specifically, ruined Star Trek. I am not a diehard TNG fan, just a big TOS fan, but I've heard too many good things about it to believe it ruined Star Trek. Voyager or Enterprise, maybe.

tribblenator999

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3818

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 8:04 am

It's berman. The original timeline/continuity got so long and dragged that it did the horrors to itself. I mean how the hell can you have 3 shows taking place in the 24th century. Even so they're all under similar formulas. Except for DS9. I mean if i were berman i would've just skipped voyager or if so make it in the 25th or 26th centuries. As for Enterprise It would be the early early days of the federation. As for TNG movies. No I would've done DS9 and TNG movies as a combo. 4 TNG movies was too much.


"take us out"...

KelisThePoet

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 636

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 11:53 am

Quote: mccoyfan45 @ Mar. 23 2011, 5:57 am

>I don't think everybody agrees that Rick Berman ruined Star Trek-the poll itself shows this. However, if Berman had anything to do with the creation of Wesley Crusher, the all time worst ST character, then I guess one could say he hurt the franchise. Unlike Crusher, Data is a very popular character among TNG fans, so I think you'll have a hard time convincing people that he, specifically, ruined Star Trek. I am not a diehard TNG fan, just a big TOS fan, but I've heard too many good things about it to believe it ruined Star Trek. Voyager or Enterprise, maybe.


The problem with your argument is that you're using far too much common sense and far too little self-serving pretzel logic designed to justify irrational hatred.


Falor was a prosperous merchant who went on a journey to gain greater awareness: Through storms he crossed the Voroth Sea/ To reach the clouded shores of Raal/ Where old T’Para offered truth./ He traveled through the windswept hills/ And crossed the barren Fire Plains/ To find the silent monks of Kir./ Still unfulfilled, he journeyed home/ Told stories of the lessons learned/ And gained true wisdom by the giving. – Falor’s Journey, “Innocence”

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 1:02 pm

Brannon


Just flip the Akira


 

mccoyfan45

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 105

Report this Mar. 23 2011, 3:51 pm

Quote: KelisThePoet @ Mar. 23 2011, 11:53 am

Quote: mccoyfan45 @ Mar. 23 2011, 5:57 am

>

>I don't think everybody agrees that Rick Berman ruined Star Trek-the poll itself shows this. However, if Berman had anything to do with the creation of Wesley Crusher, the all time worst ST character, then I guess one could say he hurt the franchise. Unlike Crusher, Data is a very popular character among TNG fans, so I think you'll have a hard time convincing people that he, specifically, ruined Star Trek. I am not a diehard TNG fan, just a big TOS fan, but I've heard too many good things about it to believe it ruined Star Trek. Voyager or Enterprise, maybe.

The problem with your argument is that you're using far too much common sense and far too little self-serving pretzel logic designed to justify irrational hatred.



I still don't understand why Wesley Crusher isn't in the poll; he's like the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek. I also don't see why J.J. Abrams is on the poll; the 2009 movie renewed interest in the franchise and introduced those of the younger generation such as myself to TOS.

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Mar. 24 2011, 9:55 am

Quote: mccoyfan45 @ Mar. 23 2011, 3:51 pm

Quote: KelisThePoet @ Mar. 23 2011, 11:53 am

>

I still don't understand why Wesley Crusher isn't in the poll; he's like the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek.


 


 


It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

mccoyfan45

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 105

Report this Mar. 24 2011, 7:10 pm

Quote: Treknoir @ Mar. 24 2011, 9:55 am

Quote: mccoyfan45 @ Mar. 23 2011, 3:51 pm

>

>

I still don't understand why Wesley Crusher isn't in the poll; he's like the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek.


 


http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/snerkel-snerkel.html


I love this clip from Robot Chicken; it perfectly conveys how TNG fans feel about Wesley Crusher.

2takesfrakes

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3682

Report this Mar. 25 2011, 5:48 am

I'm glad Data was listed, because you know,
after he started trying to make it with our
human wymin, that's when TNG jumped the shark!


Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: sonofspock1

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum