Star Trek's worst enemy

Created by: KelisThePoet

KelisThePoet

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 11:17 am

But here at StarTrek.com, we've divided into mutually destructive factions, some of us at war with Berman, others dedicated to the vituperation of J. J. Abrams, and so on, and so on, & c., & c.  Let us learn from our friends in the Star Wars fan community and come together, not in our love of Star Trek, but in our unanimous loathing of a common foe.  After the election of Star Trek's worst enemy is complete, all failures and personal complaints associated with Star Trek must be blamed on that person, and we will all agree to ignore that person's involvement in any aspect of the Star Trek franchise we personally like.

Falor was a prosperous merchant who went on a journey to gain greater awareness: Through storms he crossed the Voroth Sea/ To reach the clouded shores of Raal/ Where old T’Para offered truth./ He traveled through the windswept hills/ And crossed the barren Fire Plains/ To find the silent monks of Kir./ Still unfulfilled, he journeyed home/ Told stories of the lessons learned/ And gained true wisdom by the giving. – Falor’s Journey, “Innocence”

Vger23

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 12:13 pm

I'm going to simply say that the only people in the Trek franchise that have ever actually made me angry are the FANS. No creative person (writer, producer, director, actor) has every caused me anger, whether I agree with their work or not.

But the ugly, hateful, spiteful behavior fans have demonstrated on occasions would lead me to conclude that THE FANS are, in some cases, Star Trek's "worst enemy."

The way fans have reacted through time to some of thie things you've pointed out and others:

Star Wars vs Trek

JJ Abrams

Berman and Braga

Wil Wheaton / Wesley Crusher

etc. etc.

...has been dispicable and in many cases ignorant and disgusting.

Otherwise, it's probably Snowball from Animal Farm.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Treknoir

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 12:21 pm

George Lucas is dead to me.

267198ed

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 12:39 pm

Quote: Treknoir @ Mar. 17 2011, 12:21 pm

>George Lucas is dead to me.

>ANYWAY, I guess we can hate GR for his lack of foresight and planning. He SHOULD have developed an 100 year ST plan back in the 60's. No, an 1,000 year ST plan. It should have carefully prescribed each series, movie, book, comic, licensed merchandise, convention and unalterable canon. Deviation from the MASTER PLAN would be punishable by death or banishment. His laziness has left the masses of ST fans bewildered, angry, and left to write craptacular fanfiction to fill the empty void of their lives. ALL OF THIS COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED. ALL OF IT!

>I'm a little verklempt, I need to walk off this rage and frustration. Excuse me.

I agree, he should have planned a bit better, but he did do so much already and he never knew how popular it would become.

Or that people like Abrams would come along and try changing everything all at once.

Which is why I do not consider his movie or any part of it as being int he Prime Universe. It is Trek, but a whole other timeline completely. Neither Vulcan or Romulus will be destroyed in the knowable future/past. Just no, unacceptable i the PU.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

Treknoir

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 12:49 pm

Quote: 267198ed @ Mar. 17 2011, 12:39 pm

Quote: Treknoir @ Mar. 17 2011, 12:21 pm

You do realize I'm being facetious? I hate no one. Except for George Lucas. Jar Jar Binks is unfogivable.

267198ed

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 1:08 pm

Quote: Treknoir @ Mar. 17 2011, 12:49 pm

Quote: 267198ed @ Mar. 17 2011, 12:39 pm

Quote: Treknoir @ Mar. 17 2011, 12:21 pm

Yeah but it is a good point to make.

X_X Jar jar Binks is sucha  problem.

And I like Abrams’ movie, but I just don’t with it being part of the PU, it can still be Canon, but all of it can be explained into a separate timeline so that the PU is still how we last saw it in VOY, and ENT.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

Treknoir

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 1:37 pm

They are separate. The PU still exists and is separate from the AU. At least that's what I understand.

267198ed

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 1:46 pm

Agreed.

Some time I need to find that explanation of how the AU is the way it is/how is was created or whatever, it makes a lot of sense, is canon based and should be written into the PU as canon.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

KelisThePoet

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 3:28 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Mar. 17 2011, 12:13 pm

>Otherwise, it's probably Snowball from Animal Farm.

He snuck in through the back of the "prime universe" and destroyed Romulus.  If the Abrams' haters only knew, he's the real explanation for the "alternate universe."

lnagr1

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 1:52 am

Star Wars is treks biggest enemy so is the creater! grrrrrr!!!

Treknoir

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 6:57 am

Quote: lnagr1 @ Mar. 18 2011, 1:52 am

>Star Wars is treks biggest enemy so is the creater! grrrrrr!!!

George Lucas is da DEBIL!!!!!!!

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Mar. 21 2011, 8:45 pm

Quote: KelisThePoet @ Mar. 17 2011, 11:17 am

>If you visit a Star Wars message board, you will see that the fans there have the good sense to join together and rally around their hatred of George Lucas.  They are united not so much by their love of Star Wars as by their outrage at how George Lucas ruined it and by their shared vision of what a good franchise it could have been, had George Lucas never been involved.

I've frequented a number of Wars sites, and they've always been just as divided as we are here.

photo spok_zps253ab564.gif

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 21 2011, 10:10 pm

George Lucas, George Lucas!!! (But JJ Abrams is not far behind.)

Wait a minute there, Data?!?!?!? *screeeeeech* Oh dear, how is Data Star Trek's biggest enemy?!?! (Well, we all have our own opinion, but that doesn't mean you won't get shot by Data fans.......loljk)

KelisThePoet

Report this Mar. 22 2011, 11:30 am

Vger23

Report this Mar. 22 2011, 12:54 pm

Quote: KelisThePoet @ Mar. 22 2011, 11:30 am

>I was sort of joking about the Star-Wars-fan-unity thing and the Data thing . . . well, not so much the Data thing.  He is a rabble rouser.

I think it's sad that people say "Star Wars."

What does Star Wars have to do with anything?

I AM KEE-ROCK!!