ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Do you believe the world is going to end in 2012?

Report this
Created by: Ali88

Ali88

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 889

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 6:21 am

I've been hearing from some people that the Japan earthquake and tusnamis is a sign of 2012 or the beginning of 2012 or God's way of reminding us about the end of the world next year


What do you guys think? Do you think there's a connection between what happened in Japan and the 2012 theory? Do you think the world will end next year? Do you believe it could happen?


I'll remind you of what apparently could happen in 2012:


Zombie Apocalypse- as improbable as it sounds but apparently a real zombie like outbreak is very possible- there's a deadly brain parasite called toxoplasmosa gondii that could cause it


Global Nucleur War


Nibiru or Planet X- a planetary object will collide into Earth


A perfect solar storm from the sun could hit Earth, knocking out the global power grid, resulting in no power and electricity all over the world


The cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis


Massive Volcanic eruptions

ClintonHammond

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 21

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 7:27 am

Toxoplasma gondii doesn't' cause "Zombies"


There's no such thing as "god"


Nor is there any such thing as "Planet X"


No apocalyptic prediction has ever been right before... There's no reason to think this one will be

Ali88

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 889

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 7:53 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>

>Toxoplasma gondii doesn't' cause "Zombies"

>There's no such thing as "god"

>Nor is there any such thing as "Planet X"

>No apocalyptic prediction has ever been right before... There's no reason to think this one will be

>

yep but good luck when you try to convince Ali88 of that.


Just what the hell is that supposed to mean you cheeky bastard?!

The Master

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 404

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 8:11 am

Relax, Ali88, it probably was bitter joke an the matter of difficulty of communication .

ClintonHammond

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 21

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 8:47 am

I am not concerned with convincing anyone of facts they choose not to see.... They are facts anyway. 

Beccs_

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 41931

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 11:20 am

No.


And I'm looking forward to laughing in the faces of the people who believe in when 2013 swings around.

ACottrill

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 281

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 1:05 pm

To be honest- ANYTHING could happen tomorrow, even. I don't see why everyone's so focused on 2012. The Mayan calendar? Really? The Mayans died out how long ago? Did they expect the Mayans to continue making calendars afterwards, as well?


 


Scientifically, yes, the world WILL end. But, I don't think it will be anytime soon. At some point our sun will die out, and life on Earth will, as well.....unless, the technology then is greater than anyone can imagine, to sustain life.


 


Personally, I do not believe in a 'divine power' of any kind. No invisible man in the sky is going to point his finger and zap out all life. The Earth has natural movements, causing massive earthquakes and weather system changes. It's called nature. There's no 'a-ha!' about it. And, I don't think, if there were a divine power, that 'he' would inform any one person of the date the world were to end. Wouldn't that completely destroy the purpose of ending it, in that particular sense?


 


Lastly, even if the world were to end in 2012, what are YOU going to do about it? Nothing. No sense in stressing yourself out like a mad person, for the last year and a half of your life. ~.^ Party hard, get it in like every day's your last day on Earth!

mccoyfan45

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 105

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 2:40 pm

Some fundamentalist Christians are now saying Armagedon is going to on May 21, and that this is actually acurate to the Mayan prediction since they have no year 0. Me, I don't believe a word.

Ghostmojo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1826

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 3:08 pm

They've been saying that since the millennium - I'm still waiting ...


Aha - post number 666 ... the number of the beast ... or the number of the bus to Tooting Beck


to boldy go where no man has gone before

EnterpriseSovereign

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 37683

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 3:16 pm

Quote: ACottrill @ Mar. 14 2011, 1:05 pm

>

>To be honest- ANYTHING could happen tomorrow, even. I don't see why everyone's so focused on 2012. The Mayan calendar? Really? The Mayans died out how long ago? Did they expect the Mayans to continue making calendars afterwards, as well?

>Scientifically, yes, the world WILL end. But, I don't think it will be anytime soon. At some point our sun will die out, and life on Earth will, as well.....unless, the technology then is greater than anyone can imagine, to sustain life.

>Personally, I do not believe in a 'divine power' of any kind. No invisible man in the sky is going to point his finger and zap out all life. The Earth has natural movements, causing massive earthquakes and weather system changes. It's called nature. There's no 'a-ha!' about it. And, I don't think, if there were a divine power, that 'he' would inform any one person of the date the world were to end. Wouldn't that completely destroy the purpose of ending it, in that particular sense?

>Lastly, even if the world were to end in 2012, what are YOU going to do about it? Nothing. No sense in stressing yourself out like a mad person, for the last year and a half of your life. ~.^ Party hard, get it in like every day's your last day on Earth!

>


Given that will happen in a few billion years, if humans are still around by then technology will be insanely advanced- civilisation as we know it only arrived a few millennia ago after all

Beccs_

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 41931

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 3:42 pm

Quote: mccoyfan45 @ Mar. 14 2011, 2:40 pm

>

>Some fundamentalist Christians are now saying Armagedon is going to on May 21, and that this is actually acurate to the Mayan prediction since they have no year 0. Me, I don't believe a word.

>


Yeah, these clowns are putting up posters and boards in quite a few countries.


I call May 22nd "Backpeddling Day".  THis will be the day they start making excuse for it not happening.


Also, the Mayan calendar finishes it's current cycle next year and resumes the first cycle again.

267198ed

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2871

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 3:50 pm

Quote: Ali88 @ Mar. 14 2011, 6:21 am

>

>I've been hearing from some people that the Japan earthquake and tusnamis is a sign of 2012 or the beginning of 2012 or God's way of reminding us about the end of the world next year

>


So people believe God hates Japanese people? That’s just great, because you know if there was/is an omnipotent being the first thing you would want him/her/it to be is racist. And what about Jesus loves everyone? Jesus=God, etc etc, so what, everyone living in Japan is excluded from that love?


What nonsense, if there was/is a God(s) he/she/it surely would have better things to do than punish humans for being, what, human. Oh, shame on us for being us. 


The only was the “world is going to end” is when the Sun explodes/implodes. How long humans exist is up to us.


I still am baffled there are people who actually believe in the 2012 apocalypse. Didn’t they learn their lesson back in 2006? (06-06-06)


  and extra Picard Facepalm.


Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

24thcenstfan

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7310

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 3:52 pm

No, I do not.


 


 


Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

lnagr1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1404

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 11:21 pm

Well...........no but hey if it is going to happen at least the new star trek movie will have come out by then!!!!!!!!!!!!

janewayjunkie74656

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3227

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 11:53 pm

LOL, Inagr1..........


But no, I seriously do not think that is even a remote possibliity. We have better things to worry about right now than 2012. Like, I don't know, Japan maybe? And those neuclear power plants and the San Andreas fault and tsunamis and everything.


People who are freaking out about 2012, you can worry about that later. That's my opinion.


Join Moon Crater Plaza! A great new board looking for lots of new members! http://s4.zetaboards.com/Moon_Crater_Plaza/index/

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum