worst star trek series?

acinoralas

Report this Mar. 13 2011, 9:52 am

ok i want to open this by saying that i am a HUGE!!! star trek fan . have watched every episode of very show (bsides enterprise but im working on that) , and as i have watched my opinion on this subject has really changed.. i started off watching TNG with my rents wwhen i was a kid and have never been able to get enough trek.. to the point when i was 10 . the old star trek was reairing late night like 2 a.m and i would stay up every night reguardless i how tired i was the next day to watch it.. for those 2 its a wash there both classics and great.. the 2nd generation (ds9, voyager) i got started on voyager , never really started watching ds9... loved janeway plot line everything.. recently i wathed all 7 seasons of ds9 and i have to say it has to be my personal fav.. i just got the first 3 seasons of voyager and started watching again and i much say after watching all of ds9 . voyager is on the short end of the stick here ( again excluding enterprise untell im done watching it ,, but i like it alot so far)

theratman

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 3:07 am

There is no worst one imo.

It's all about personal taste.I love ds9 and I like many things about ENT.I like TNG but there are a few things I don't like about it too.If I had to pick a worst I would have to go imo,with voyager.Voyager was decent but some of the crew just never grew on me at all.Still love all trek,other than the reboot.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 5:54 am

Yup...... theratman is right......... its just about personal taste. Personally, DS9 wasn't my favorite, and ENT is okay, but not great.

But Voyager........well, that's just too amazingly awesome to put into words.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 7:14 am

There really is no "worse" series in any objective sense.

My personal lineup is

1)DS9

2)TNG

3)VOY

4)ENT

5)TAS

6)TOS

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Vger23

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 7:16 am

"Worst" also implies quite negatively, that one of the Trek series was indeed "bad," which I don't believe to be true by any stretch of the imagination.

My "least favorite" series is Star Trek Voyager. For my tastes, I did not find any of the characters engaging, and the general themes made it too much like a retread of TNG.  I would never say that it is "worst" or even "bad," though...becuase I have yet to meet a Trek that I didn't at least like.

acinoralas

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 12:52 pm

well asi said in opening i love star trek.. evey series , im just curious to know what everyone thinks. because imo DS9 BLEw Voyager out of the water.. and i also dont think there is any way to compair voyager to tng or tos.  roddenberry was a genious.. cast wise voyager was always so/so for me kate mulgrew did a great job , but i cant and woundnt say she can hold a candle to shatner or stewart. and altho i find her a much better acter then brooks .. i liked the Way Ds9 made him the focal point of the entire storyline and how he evolved as an acter thu the 7 seasons.

sad to say but nana visiter played the best damn 1st officer star trek has ever seen!, i was never much of a Jonathan Frakes fan nor Robert Beltran.

and i must say my big issue with voyager is that nimoy was half human yet tim russ is 100% vulcan yet he  displays/ gos thu and has more  human characteristics and emotions then nimoy ever did! jolene blalock dos an exceptional job.

and i hate how many pointless voyager episodes there are.. there has to be 3 seasons worth of crap

chr33355

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 12:56 pm

DocFanFive

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 1:05 pm

ENT, by far.

Voyager's my favorite.

Call me Doc, 'k? StarTrek.com's Resident Holographic Whovian since 2010.

acinoralas

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 1:09 pm

o and i need to bring up that every show has there "special" crewman except tos except that a vulcan could be consided special back then

TNg: Data!! brent spiner is amazing!

Voyager: Docter! robert picardo is my fav acter on that show

Ds9: odo . Rene Auberjonois really put the show over the top Imo

i love the casting here.

phlox,john  billingsley  is pretty awesome in ent also

acinoralas

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 1:12 pm

[quote]

ENT, by far.

Voyager's my favorite.

[/quote]

i actualy REALLY like the first 2 seasons of ENT so far.. love how it shows how humans got there start in space . and the cg was amazing in some of the episodes ive watched so far. CAST is MUCHHHH better then VOyager lol

Ghostmojo

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 2:33 pm

Quote: Lieutenant_Jedi @ Mar. 14 2011, 7:14 am

>There really is no "worse" series in any objective sense.

>My personal lineup is

>1)DS9

>2)TNG

>3)VOY

>4)ENT

>5)TAS

>6)TOS

Is putting TOS below TAS meant to be a slight of some kind towards the original show - the actual birth of Trek itself? We all have our opinions of course, but VOY ahead of TOS and ENT ... really?

to boldy go where no man has gone before

Ghostmojo

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 2:35 pm

Quote: chr33355 @ Mar. 14 2011, 12:56 pm

>Worse is an easy call Voyager.  A mixed of terrible written stories, non exsistance suspence, wooden characters, wasted potential, and a poorly done attempt to copy TNG.  ENT started out on the same track but the last season or two they really started trying just too late to save the show.

Words of the very wise

to boldy go where no man has gone before

Fflanders

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 5:00 pm

acinoralas

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 6:58 pm

Quote: Fflanders @ Mar. 14 2011, 5:00 pm

>TNG is my least favorite. I find the characters bland and the production style boring.

they used no cg!! you have to admit the show was pretty amazing and brent spiner is the best acter in any star trek imo! TNG will always have spot in my shelfs. voyager, even ds9 didnt ad up and they had technology on there side also imo

Fflanders

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 8:02 pm

Quote: acinoralas @ Mar. 14 2011, 6:58 pm

Quote: Fflanders @ Mar. 14 2011, 5:00 pm

We all have our favorites, TNG isn't mine. It might have been better had Spiner been cast as captain instead of Stewart. Or maybe if they had given it to Burton. Still, this is a thread about least favorites.

"We have them just where they want us."