A new Star Trek the Experience

trekfan4ever79

Report this Mar. 11 2011, 9:38 am

being that the idea is still in limbo, i live in fla love to see a new experance open up  in orlando  its full of theme parks an they are always busy. a star trek themed them park would be out of control

jathe1st

Report this Mar. 12 2011, 5:54 am

is this somthing thats in talks arleady?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Mar. 13 2011, 10:18 pm

I'm hoping I can get them to just put it all in my back yard  I loved that I got to see it and sad that its not around at the moment. Orlando would be a good idea. Universal just put all that money into the Harry Potter land and that's only 7 books and 7 movies or 8 I guess. I would guess that Star Trek with its 45 years of history would be well recieved.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

ACottrill

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 10:03 pm

267198ed

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 10:33 pm

Quote: ACottrill @ Mar. 17 2011, 10:03 pm

>I'm friends with a few of the people that worked at the Experience, one of them being Vernon (one of the top people from it. Manager, maybe?). I could have sworn that he said they were in talks about opening it at the Rio in Vegas. I thought that's why they moved the Creation con there, as well- to further push it, by showing how many people come out for Star Trek.

As far as I know he is not the manager. Have you see his videos “Star Trek: My Experience”? Grand.

BUt it is a great Trek radio show and can be found at www.trekcast.com or free on iTunes Podcast.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

ACottrill

Report this Mar. 17 2011, 11:03 pm

Ya, one of the friends I mentioned, also works for a site affiliated with them (Jerad Formby). Darren is the bartender that works with TrekCast. And, sorry, i can't remember what position Vernon held there...he's just the one that pretty much stays on top of all of the news and does the most, publicly, that I can see.

And, yes, Vernon's videos are always awesome.

'-reward for your good heart occurs in this world as the knowledge that love is its own reward and that there are others who appreciate you for who you are.' - Walter Koenig

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 7:40 am

Part 4 should be up anyday now

267198ed

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 12:51 pm

Quote: Trekwolf164 @ Mar. 18 2011, 7:40 am

>http://vernonwilmervideo.blip.tv/

>Part 4 should be up anyday now

Hopefully yes!

@ACottrill yes, I read Jerad’s blog, very interesting and funny!

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

ACottrill

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 1:17 pm

>Jerad is just a hilarious person, anyway. I can't remember a phone conversation between us, that I haven't had to stop to catch my breath from laughing, with him. His brain is very random. But, I wouldn't love him any other way. Unfortunately, I think he's pretty much out of the loop with news about The Experience, though. He had to move out of Vegas and into Colorado, last year. :

trekkie74

Report this Apr. 06 2011, 5:02 pm

I was sad that they took the Experience out....at least we got to go once and GREAT memories!

ron_dog

Report this Apr. 06 2011, 9:12 pm

lets see a startrek expeiense of some kind in australia

was disapointed we dident hear about shatner in melb till the week after it happend know lot of people that would have gone to it if we had knowen

"she can'na take no more cap'n"

Royalsfanen

Report this Apr. 22 2011, 9:47 pm

Last I had heard the City of Las Vegas nixed the plans for another ST:TE. Did something change that I didn't hear about? I really hope so... I'd love to see them put another one in, I could even care less where it is.

TX_TREKKER

Report this Apr. 23 2011, 7:01 pm

According to Trekmovie.com dated 4/21/11 the latest plan to open ST:TE in Las Vegas "fizzled". They said there were no current plans to open a ST:TE in Las Vegas. Then they posted a official statement from CBS stating they (CBS) remained committed to creating a Star Trek attraction not only in Vegas but "elsewhere".

So as of now everything is on hold but then again its a pretty open ended statement from CBS. Below is the link to the article.

Royalsfanen

Report this Apr. 23 2011, 9:51 pm

Thanks for posting that.

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 24 2011, 3:58 am

Quote: 267198ed @ Mar. 17 2011, 10:33 pm

>Also, if you want any insider news, listen to Trekcast, it is co-hosted with one of the bartenders from Quark’s and they have guests from The Experience all the time. Only the latest episode was form January.

Pod-Fade...

(oops don't tell'em I said that.)

Would be grand to see some kind of star trek place opening again -- probably wouldn't be able to afford to go there for another bazillion years, but speaking personally I never even knew about the existence of any Experience until a wee while after it had closed. You mean to tell me there was a real place that really, really looked like DS9 and Quarks with Star Trek stuff up all over the place and.... ? Man!

Reopening: I'll believe it when I see it, guys. Deals get suggested, deals get discussed, negotiated, rumours get put out all over the place, deals fall through and fizzle. Oh and yeah if there is another Experience, it won't be in Australia!

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid, darmokattanagra