ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Andorians in Enterprise

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 6:36 pm

I for one am glad they didn't do much with Romulans. Sooner or later some writer would have gotten an itchy pen and made Archer meet one face to face, and know it was a Romulan. And Archer already took away the Rura Penthe escape from Kirk, so I don't want Kirk loosing the first romulan face to face contact either.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

24thcenstfan

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7310

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 6:38 pm

I was happy with the inclusion of the Andorians on ENT.  I didn't really like how they introduced the Aenar, but I appreciated that the writers were willing to delve into this previously mostly unexplored species (i.e. the Andorians in general).


 


Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 6:41 pm

I like the Aenar. It's nice to see depth in other species other than humans. And it's a clever way of trying to fix up the strange color tones of some Andorians, such as the TAS Andorian Cmdr. from Yesteryear.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

lostshaker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2293

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 6:45 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:36 pm

>

>I for one am glad they didn't do much with Romulans. Sooner or later some writer would have gotten an itchy pen and made Archer meet one face to face, and know it was a Romulan. And Archer already took away the Rura Penthe escape from Kirk, so I don't want Kirk loosing the first romulan face to face contact either.

>


Archer didn't take away Rura Penthe from Kirk. Kirk had Martia! Archer got a Klingon...

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 7:41 pm

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:45 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:36 pm

>

>

>I for one am glad they didn't do much with Romulans. Sooner or later some writer would have gotten an itchy pen and made Archer meet one face to face, and know it was a Romulan. And Archer already took away the Rura Penthe escape from Kirk, so I don't want Kirk loosing the first romulan face to face contact either.

>

Archer didn't take away Rura Penthe from Kirk. Kirk had Martia! Archer got a Klingon...

I mean the 'no-one-has-escaped-rura-penthe-ever' thing. Took Kirk about a week. Malcolm snuck in there in less than two days...


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

lostshaker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2293

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 8:59 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 08 2011, 7:41 pm

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:45 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:36 pm

>

>

>

>I for one am glad they didn't do much with Romulans. Sooner or later some writer would have gotten an itchy pen and made Archer meet one face to face, and know it was a Romulan. And Archer already took away the Rura Penthe escape from Kirk, so I don't want Kirk loosing the first romulan face to face contact either.

>

Archer didn't take away Rura Penthe from Kirk. Kirk had Martia! Archer got a Klingon...

I mean the 'no-one-has-escaped-rura-penthe-ever' thing. Took Kirk about a week. Malcolm snuck in there in less than two days...


I knew what meant, I was being lighthearted with the last post. But on a more serious note, I don't think the Klingons are the most reliable source of information, and they surely wouldn't advertise anyone escaping from Rura Penthe. Look at the Klingons as late as TNG & DS9. The High Council conspired against Worf's father. Worf had to become an exile because the High Council was complicit in covering the crimes of the Duras family. Same with Gowron. Worf had to kill him, because of his personal political Vendetta against Martok. Klingons live in denial, blinded by their honor. Ezri's analysis of the Klingon Empire was spot on:


Ezri: I see a society that is in deep denial about itself. We're talking about a warrior culture that prides itself on maintaining centures old traditions of honor and integrity, but in reality it's willing to accept corruption at the highest levels... Who was the last leader of the High Council that you respected? Has there even been one? And how many times have you had to cover up the crimes of Klingon leaders because you were told it was for the good of the Empire? I know this sounds harsh, but the truth is, you have been willing to accept a government that you know is corrupt. Gowron's just the latest example. Worf, you are the most honorable and decent man I've ever met, and if you're willing to tolerate men like Gowron, then what hope is there for the Empire? (Tacking into the Wind)

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 5:40 am

The Andorians were the best part of Enterprise.


If more episodes went into Tellerites  the show's focus could have been the founding of the UFP instead of Alien Space Nazi's from the future.


 

Kaliman

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 72

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 7:06 am

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 08 2011, 8:59 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 08 2011, 7:41 pm

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:45 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 08 2011, 6:36 pm

>

>

>

>

>I for one am glad they didn't do much with Romulans. Sooner or later some writer would have gotten an itchy pen and made Archer meet one face to face, and know it was a Romulan. And Archer already took away the Rura Penthe escape from Kirk, so I don't want Kirk loosing the first romulan face to face contact either.

>

Archer didn't take away Rura Penthe from Kirk. Kirk had Martia! Archer got a Klingon...

I mean the 'no-one-has-escaped-rura-penthe-ever' thing. Took Kirk about a week. Malcolm snuck in there in less than two days...

I knew what meant, I was being lighthearted with the last post. But on a more serious note, I don't think the Klingons are the most reliable source of information, and they surely wouldn't advertise anyone escaping from Rura Penthe. Look at the Klingons as late as TNG & DS9. The High Council conspired against Worf's father. Worf had to become an exile because the High Council was complicit in covering the crimes of the Duras family. Same with Gowron. Worf had to kill him, because of his personal political Vendetta against Martok. Klingons live in denial, blinded by their honor. Ezri's analysis of the Klingon Empire was spot on:

Ezri: I see a society that is in deep denial about itself. We're talking about a warrior culture that prides itself on maintaining centures old traditions of honor and integrity, but in reality it's willing to accept corruption at the highest levels... Who was the last leader of the High Council that you respected? Has there even been one? And how many times have you had to cover up the crimes of Klingon leaders because you were told it was for the good of the Empire? I know this sounds harsh, but the truth is, you have been willing to accept a government that you know is corrupt. Gowron's just the latest example. Worf, you are the most honorable and decent man I've ever met, and if you're willing to tolerate men like Gowron, then what hope is there for the Empire? (Tacking into the Wind)


I think the issue is not just the inconsistency of the first ever escape from Rura Penthe, which can be explained with much less words. The issue is that we all liked to think that James Tiberus Kirk was the first one... he was not.

lostshaker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2293

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 3:14 pm

Quote: Kaliman @ Jun. 09 2011, 7:06 am

>

>I think the issue is not just the inconsistency of the first ever escape from Rura Penthe, which can be explained with much less words. The issue is that we all liked to think that James Tiberus Kirk was the first one... he was not.

>


I prefer ENT's mission of challenging preconceptions and assumptions. Archer's escape from Rura Penthe doesn't take anything away from Kirk, as he should hardly be defined by a single event.

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 3:45 pm

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 09 2011, 3:14 pm

Quote: Kaliman @ Jun. 09 2011, 7:06 am

>

>

>I think the issue is not just the inconsistency of the first ever escape from Rura Penthe, which can be explained with much less words. The issue is that we all liked to think that James Tiberus Kirk was the first one... he was not.

>

I prefer ENT's mission of challenging preconceptions and assumptions. Archer's escape from Rura Penthe doesn't take anything away from Kirk, as he should hardly be defined by a single event.

It's not just Rura Penthe. It's other things like having an Enterteprise that's arguably more important than Kirk's.


The very existance of ENT takes away from Kirk, on a historical sense at least.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

lostshaker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2293

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 6:23 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 09 2011, 3:45 pm

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 09 2011, 3:14 pm

Quote: Kaliman @ Jun. 09 2011, 7:06 am

>

>

>

>I think the issue is not just the inconsistency of the first ever escape from Rura Penthe, which can be explained with much less words. The issue is that we all liked to think that James Tiberus Kirk was the first one... he was not.

>

I prefer ENT's mission of challenging preconceptions and assumptions. Archer's escape from Rura Penthe doesn't take anything away from Kirk, as he should hardly be defined by a single event.

It's not just Rura Penthe. It's other things like having an Enterteprise that's arguably more important than Kirk's.

The very existance of ENT takes away from Kirk, on a historical sense at least.


"Someone may argue that a diamond is still a diamond, even if it is one amongst millions. It still shines as brightly." - Guinan, "Time's Arrow, Part I".


I find competitive interpretations to be as limiting as Orci/Kurtzman/Abrams' card board caricature of Kirk. Does Pike's commanding the 1701 take away from Kirk's? Or does it add history and character? Does Spock's loyalty to Pike in the "Menagerie" detract from his friendship to Kirk? Or does it reaffirm their friendship?


ENT helps to explain why Starfleet and the Federation are Earth based and by extension why the Enterprise is Starfleet's Flagship. It's an honor to inherit such legacy, especially for someone as young as Kirk, who was suppose to be the youngest captain in Starfleet history and managed so successfully to build upon the legacy.

Kaliman

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 72

Report this Jun. 10 2011, 7:59 am

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 09 2011, 6:23 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 09 2011, 3:45 pm

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 09 2011, 3:14 pm

Quote: Kaliman @ Jun. 09 2011, 7:06 am

>

>

>

>

>I think the issue is not just the inconsistency of the first ever escape from Rura Penthe, which can be explained with much less words. The issue is that we all liked to think that James Tiberus Kirk was the first one... he was not.

>

I prefer ENT's mission of challenging preconceptions and assumptions. Archer's escape from Rura Penthe doesn't take anything away from Kirk, as he should hardly be defined by a single event.

It's not just Rura Penthe. It's other things like having an Enterteprise that's arguably more important than Kirk's.

The very existance of ENT takes away from Kirk, on a historical sense at least.

"Someone may argue that a diamond is still a diamond, even if it is one amongst millions. It still shines as brightly." - Guinan, "Time's Arrow, Part I".

I find competitive interpretations to be as limiting as Orci/Kurtzman/Abrams' card board caricature of Kirk. Does Pike's commanding the 1701 take away from Kirk's? Or does it add history and character? Does Spock's loyalty to Pike in the "Menagerie" detract from his friendship to Kirk? Or does it reaffirm their friendship?

ENT helps to explain why Starfleet and the Federation are Earth based and by extension why the Enterprise is Starfleet's Flagship. It's an honor to inherit such legacy, especially for someone as young as Kirk, who was suppose to be the youngest captain in Starfleet history and managed so successfully to build upon the legacy.


Did we all detour from topic? or is Kirk an Andorian?

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jun. 10 2011, 8:12 am

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 09 2011, 6:23 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jun. 09 2011, 3:45 pm

Quote: lostshaker @ Jun. 09 2011, 3:14 pm

Quote: Kaliman @ Jun. 09 2011, 7:06 am

>

>

>

>

>I think the issue is not just the inconsistency of the first ever escape from Rura Penthe, which can be explained with much less words. The issue is that we all liked to think that James Tiberus Kirk was the first one... he was not.

>

I prefer ENT's mission of challenging preconceptions and assumptions. Archer's escape from Rura Penthe doesn't take anything away from Kirk, as he should hardly be defined by a single event.

It's not just Rura Penthe. It's other things like having an Enterteprise that's arguably more important than Kirk's.

The very existance of ENT takes away from Kirk, on a historical sense at least.

"Someone may argue that a diamond is still a diamond, even if it is one amongst millions. It still shines as brightly." - Guinan, "Time's Arrow, Part I".

I find competitive interpretations to be as limiting as Orci/Kurtzman/Abrams' card board caricature of Kirk. Does Pike's commanding the 1701 take away from Kirk's? Or does it add history and character? Does Spock's loyalty to Pike in the "Menagerie" detract from his friendship to Kirk? Or does it reaffirm their friendship?

ENT helps to explain why Starfleet and the Federation are Earth based and by extension why the Enterprise is Starfleet's Flagship. It's an honor to inherit such legacy, especially for someone as young as Kirk, who was suppose to be the youngest captain in Starfleet history and managed so successfully to build upon the legacy.


I have to disagree by creating a new "First Starship Enterprise"  a major distraction to the existing auidence which created  a hindering of the suspension of reality needed to enjoy Trek,


Had they named the ship for the flight recorder found in WNMGB then it would have flowed in to the Trek we were already  exposed to.


Instead from the first episode events that were never mentioned and alien's never heard of were introduced only to be changed by intervention from unexplianed future beings.


Bones would have roasted Spock over the fact that a human saved their people.


A prior Enterprise is never mentioned why recreate TOS for the pre-quel ?


Why put Archer on Rhua Pente why not some other penal colony ?


B&B were rebelious children they wanted to steal TOS's thunder by having their amoral hero one up Kirk on all counts.


In TOS Vulcans were Highly intelligent pacifists.


In Ent Vulcan's were xenophobic war mongers.


In TNG Risa was a paridise because of Federation weather control satilites.


In Ent it was a tropical planet.


The O'kuda encyclopedia was written all of the episodes are on DVD there was no excuse for Enterprise except for lazyness.


People like Klingons ,Borg and Ferengi lets put them in the series.


 


www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jun. 10 2011, 8:32 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>It's probably been said before, but the simple fact is, the NCC-1701 is still the "first" starship Enterprise.

>The first Federation starship Enterprise. (Not to be confused with Balok's First Federation, of course)

>The NX-01 was not a Federation ship. Otherwise, that would be like counting any ships serving in the Continental Navy as United States Navy ships prior to 1776.

> 

>


In TOS we are told that the NCC-1701 is Earth's first Starship Enterprise there is never any mention of Archer and his crew.


In Ent we find out the First Earth Starship is the NX-01 Enterprise it has a Vulcan  second officer and an Alien cheif of medicine.


 


www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jun. 10 2011, 8:50 am

Star Trek the motion picture on the Rec room wall is the first Space ship Enterprise and the Ncc-1701 is described as Earth's first Starship.


This is all in the O'kuda encyclopedia or in the film. your choice


 


www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: wissa

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum