Would Tasha Yar have became a great captain?

jathe1st

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 10:23 am

What kind of Captain would she have made, or would she have made Captain status?

Camorite

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 10:32 am

jathe1st

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 10:35 am

Quote: Camorite @ Mar. 06 2011, 10:32 am

>i don't think that she would have. remember how hard it was for Worf to switch from security to command. in other words once a security officer, always a security officer.

very true, but he did become a great captain (prob partly because of his time on the klingon ships) but very true!

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 3:23 pm

I don't think she would have either. Whenever they were doing stuff, I always thought she was just a little bit too panicky or tense or something when she had to do something. I don't even know if that made any sense at all, but that's just my opinion.

tribblenator999

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 4:33 pm

tasha yar would lose her ship on the first mission.

"take us out"...

parrothead117

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 5:04 pm

That's my two cents.  Good question!

Jason222

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 8:15 pm

That tought one we get see Tasha Yar died young and only Lt and chielf security. We do not know how she would have grow or turn out so many answer big maybe.

The Master

Report this Mar. 07 2011, 1:43 am

Yes, she would.

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 07 2011, 4:43 am

She wasn't developed enough for me to judge.

The Master

Report this Mar. 07 2011, 4:57 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Mar. 07 2011, 4:43 am

>She wasn't developed enough for me to judge.

Dear Matthias, that is exactly the reason why I said yes. If you know nothing, it probablycan be anything.

You can hide a lot in a large-N matrix

jathe1st

Report this Mar. 09 2011, 1:30 pm

Quote: parrothead117 @ Mar. 06 2011, 5:04 pm

>I've been watching some first season episodes over the past couple of days.  In past years I've never been a big Yar fan, but this time around I've been feeling differently.

>One thing I've noticed is how much natural chemistry there was between Yar and Riker.  Other than Riker being kind of snippy (common for him in the first season), their banter is easy, flowing, and (uncommon for the first season) well written.  It's like the writers had no trouble with Riker-Yar scenes.  I find myself, for the first time, wishing she had stayed aboard so their relationship could develop.

>Along these lines, I'll say no to the Yar as captain question.  Throughout the series Riker wisely chooses not to seek his own command; he's a natural Number One and he's comfortable where he is, making sure his captain makes the right choices and his crew carries his decisions out smoothly and efficiently.  I think Yar is the same way -- she's the enforcer of decisions, not the decision-maker.  And of course there's nothing wrong with that.

>That's my two cents.  Good question!

great answer and thanks!

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Mar. 09 2011, 2:26 pm

She would never get that far up the ladder. How she became security cheif of the Federation flagship is beyond me.

Lewis00069

Report this Mar. 09 2011, 4:00 pm

jathe1st

Report this Mar. 09 2011, 4:37 pm

Quote: Lewis00069 @ Mar. 09 2011, 4:00 pm

>In a word No! in my opinion she was less than useless the only good thing she did was have sex with Data

haha this is true lol

konarciq

Report this Mar. 18 2011, 8:32 am

Hard to tell: as others say, her character wasn´t developed enough to be able to make an informed decision on such matters. And for me, the image I have of Tasha is strongly influenced by fanfiction.

But all in all: I think she might have made a good captain in time, but I´m not so certain she´d want to be one.

Users browsing this forum: miklamar