Yes it's that time again, time for another what's your favorite series polls

Created by: Sora

Sora

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 6:29 pm

I'm saying Deep Space Nine for me. Reason being, I love the idea of a Space Station to begin with. Because the characters had to deal with more problems staying in the same place each week.

And I love all the various character relationships. I loved the War aspect to the series.

I love it's story arcs. I think it was a very good series.

My least favorite is the Original series.

That being said, I do still really love it and enjoy it, but TOS didn't seem to have as much of a clear storyline. I know it was "To boldly go where no man has gone before" but that's somewhat of a vague plotline. At least I think so. With some of the later series, you could see more clear guidelines for which the series was headed, or what the primary goal of a series was. And TOS while still very enjoyable, seems a little all over the place and a bit random to me.

CaptainMauin

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 7:10 pm

Voyager's my favorite series. I found the idea of being lost in the Delta Quadrant, a 75 year journey from home, to be attractive for some reason. The characters each, in their own way, came to life. Voyager itself was also an attractive aspect of the show; I have never seen a ship that looked quite that good. USS Voyager and other Intrepid class ships have to be THE best looking spoons I have ever seen. My like of the ship has extended far enough that I have a Voyager themed persona on my Firefox.

One of the other things I like about Voyager is the stories. Yes, some were terrible, but most of them I enjoyed quite a bit. Episodes like Latent Image stood out quite a bit, since they both emotinally moved me and allowed me to think at the same time. Episodes like Threshold, I regard more as a comedy (whether that be on purpose or not), and I don't take them seriously.

Regarding the characters, I have found that I am able to relate to each character quite a bit more than the characters of other series'. I could understand their motives, their thoughts, their actions, and even what other characters thought about them. Voyager's characters came to life more than any other's.

Then there's the amount of time I've been watching Voyager. I've been watching it pretty much since it came out, and considering how old I am, that's pretty much all of my life. There's a deep emotional attachment to Voyager that cannot be severed. I love the series and all its characters.

My least favorit series is... I honestly don't know. I'd say Enterprise, but it isn't fair of me to say that because I have only seen 3 or 4 episodes. I can't pick a least favorite series out of the other ones since I do like them all quite equally. So I guess I don't have a least favorite.

Goodbye. I am gone.

Sora

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 7:24 pm

Wow that's really awesome! I find it so refreshing whenever I see someone who actually has something good to say about Voyager. Because that is somewhat rare.

I love all of the series as well. I really do, and you're right Voyager is a fantastic ship. And something that I also love about Voyager is that it was the first series that wasn't on the Enterprise. I know DS9 came before Voyager, but DS9 was a space station, not a starship. Voyager was the first, and to date, the only ship based series not on the Enterprise.

I love many episodes of Voyager. And Latent Image is awesome! And Threshold I really don't mind. It was kinda interesting for what it is, even though the whole Warp 10 thing turing into a species that seems less intelligent than human, and is made out of a sock puppet,lol that aspect of it was pretty dumb. Especially since I remember an episode of TOS where Kirk says to increase to Warp 13 or Warp 12 or something. And they don't evolve into slugs lol

But the idea of that episode wasn't bad, but they should've changed the speed to something that we already knew nobody had ever gone before, and make the species or the evolution more advanced than what you already had, kinda like how they did with Barclay in The Nth Degree in TNG.

Personally I love Seasons 5, 6 and 7 the best for Voyager, but ultimately, my favorite episode is Year of Hell from season 4. I wish that two parter had been an entire season. But if they had done it like that, it might have been too much like the Xindi Season in Enterprise.

CaptainMauin

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 7:34 pm

That's what I thought about Threshold. The idea of going Warp 10 and "mutating" into an either amphibious or reptilian creature whose children were portrayed by socks was rather stupid. But for some reason, instead of being annoyed by the stupidity of it like I normally am, I laughed through the whole episode. I had the same reaction to Threshold as I did to Spock's Brain. They should have used a speed that nobody's ever gone before in that episode, agreed.

Year of Hell could have gone over the course of (perhaps) 4 or so episodes. One season would be a bit too long. Year of Hell was great, but depressing at the same time. If it had lasted a season, I would have been depressed and probably stopped watching. As it is, I cried when Janeway crashed Voyager into the Krenim ship to return the timeline to normal. Voyager being destroyed was... sad.

Goodbye. I am gone.

Sora

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 10:25 pm

haha I didn't mind Voyager being destroyed only because it was a cool special effects shot, and also it didn't stay destroyed so I liked it. I'm curious what do you think about Season 6 of Voyager? I've heard some people say they think it's boring but I really love it.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 10:51 pm

VOYAGER! I'm such a HUGEEEEEE fan of Voyager, It's kind of funny. I'm a big fan of TNG also, with TOS close behind. I never really connected with the characters in DS9, I don't know why, but I just didn't.

And I just started Enterprise, and its sort okay-ish so far, but good enough that I'll keep watching it.

P.S. I like it how the Enterprise episodes are all on this website! Makes them easy to watch until my box set order in the mail comes.........

KelisThePoet

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 11:18 pm

Voyager is my favorite, for its optimism, for its episodic adventure, for the sheer number of quality episodes, for the doctor's humorous struggle to become himself, and most of all, for the touching, thought provoking, divided passion of B'Elanna Torres.

But the original series is a close second favorite of mine, and while I think that Voyager has the highest number of quality episodes, I think the original series has the highest percentage.  I never cease to be amazed at how consistent the quality of that show is.  There are almost no duds among TOS episodes.

My least favorite is Enterprise (of the series I know--I have yet to see Deep Space Nine).  I actually quite like seasons 1,2 and 4 of Enterprise.  In fact, I like them more than I like most The Next Generation episodes.  But I so dislike season 3 of Enterprise that it negatively colors my view of the whole series.

Falor was a prosperous merchant who went on a journey to gain greater awareness: Through storms he crossed the Voroth Sea/ To reach the clouded shores of Raal/ Where old T’Para offered truth./ He traveled through the windswept hills/ And crossed the barren Fire Plains/ To find the silent monks of Kir./ Still unfulfilled, he journeyed home/ Told stories of the lessons learned/ And gained true wisdom by the giving. – Falor’s Journey, “Innocence”

Sora

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 11:38 pm

Wow this is really awesome that we're bringing in so many Voyager fans. It kinda makes me feel a bit better. I always got the feeling that Voyager is very hated.

It's just awesome to hear something good about it for a change.

I'm surprised you disliked the Xindi storyline so much? Why is that?

Vger23

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 4:55 am

Here it is, with the "space between" repersenting the differential in how they compare against each other in my mind:

1. TOS

2. DS9

3. TNG

4. ENT

5. VOY

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 5:00 am

I still have to go with DS9. I think it had the best character relationships, it revisited stories regularly. The nature of the situation progressed. I also enjoyed the multiple aspects of Sisko and felt Avery Brooks had a strong performance. TNG is a close second with TOS gaining the more I watch it and have others convince me of its strengths.

staran

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 6:15 am

Ds9 simply because it didn't do the 'alien of the week' thing. It was serious and had great characters.

rocketscientist

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 7:30 am

1.  TOS

2. DS9

3. TNG

4. VOY

coastcityo

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 2:56 pm

I loved the first three series, and liked watching the show progress from an episodic one in TOS to a serialized one in DS9. Along with the transition in TNG from one to the other by mixing some of each type.

But, DS9 is the ultimate expression of Trek for me.

JaydenJaneway

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 3:09 pm

1. Voyager

2. TNG

3. Enterprise

4. DS9

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 3:25 pm

I"m going to put mine in order now:

1. Voyager

2. TNG

3. TOS

4. DS9 and Enterprise are tied for this place.