Which Trek Reference Books Need To Be Compiled?

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 3:23 pm

Star Wars has many more reference works than Trek does.  I've noticed writers use them as much as we do.  Memory Alpha and Beta are great as encyclopedias, but we need more specialized reference materials.

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 3:24 pm

I would like VOY and ENT tech manuals as well as VOY deck blueprints.

Caesar753

Report this Mar. 01 2011, 7:46 pm

We definitely need a Voyager tech manual.

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 4:44 am

Lt Jedi had mentioned needing a galactic atlas with sector maps. It would also have pictures and descriptions of significant planets. I guess star wars has a good one.

I would like an incredible cross sections book. They make excellent tech publications, far superior to that joke Haynes manual.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 11:36 am

The galactic atlas is basic, and would settle many disputes. At this point the actual size of the Federation is not even officially known.

That is a serious issue. For a franchise that prides itself in its "factual, realistic" fiction, it needs to have some kind of quantifiable data.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 4:50 pm

Yes, I would sooooo buy it.

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 03 2011, 4:27 am

How about a klingon reference manual with info on quonos, technology, klingon biology, and basic klingon phrases? They are the favored alien race. Based on all the klingons I saw at vulcon, it would sell.

Sora

Report this Mar. 03 2011, 5:56 pm

What about getting a Star Trek Enterprise Companion and a Star Trek The Original Series Companion?

Anyone know why we don't one? There's one for the other 3 series, and I own all 3 and I love them! I especially love how the TNG companion also goes into the four films as well. I keep holding out hope there will be a companion for TOS and ENT eventually, but I still never see any

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 04 2011, 4:01 am

They made that TOS 365 book or whatever it was called. It was a piece of crap like the Haynes manual though. It wasn't the well organized and detailed reference work like the companions are.

If a TOS Companion is made though, the cover needs to be a cloud enveloped Zephram Cochrane.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 04 2011, 7:04 am

I would also like to see alien guides to Vulcans, Andorians, and Tellerites.

This is basic stuff.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 4:10 pm

Although I appreciate the links procured by Vice Admiral, the best of those examples was published over 20 years ago. All of them could do with an update, and some could use a complete redesign.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 4:14 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>OK boys and girls stop complaining I found books or links to more information about what you want and then some. They may not be upto date yet they cover what your looking for.

Okay Dad i will be quiet. How nice it would be if I did not have to go to bossy adults to search for obscure and outdated material.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 4:38 pm

Which is why Star Wars is pounding them into the ground when it comes to available material, profitability, and fan base interest.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 09 2011, 10:40 am

I found another reason why we need an ENT tech manual. We could use more background on 22nd century starfleet ships. They showed several but never gave names or dimensions.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 09 2011, 11:16 am

Great idea.

It would be awesome if CBS contracted with DK books. They do amazing stuff for Star Wars.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"