Alternate Star Wars Prequels

Ali88

Report this Feb. 24 2011, 2:26 pm

Now we all know the star wars prequels were horrible movies, bad plots, awful scripts, terrible writing and dialogue- George Lucas had complete control over the movies but he clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing

But how many of you would want to see a remake of the preques, like where they're actually good movies, like Christoper Nolan's rebooting of Batman, I know it'll probably never happen, at least not while Lucas is still alive, but I think it should happen eventually, the prequels are just unacceptable and they don't match up with the original movies, not even remotely IMO

After writing an alternate ending to Star Trek Generations and Star Trek Nemesis, which both received positive comments from you lot, thanks a lot for them, I decided to write my own versions for the star wars prequels, maybe try to shred some light on what could and should have been

At the moment, I'm in the middle of writing the plot summaries for my star wars prequels, as soon as I've finished writing them, I'll post them here for all of you to read, hope you enjoy them

In my versions, Midichlorians are never mentioned once- as they never were in the original movies

There is no ancient Jedi prophecy- as there was no such prophecy in the original movies

No Jar Jar Binks,

No Coruscant- as there was no Coruscant in the original movies,

The word Sith is never entioned once- as it never was mentioned once in the original movies,

Yoda doesn't use a lightsaber- as he didn't use one in the original movies,

The Emperor has no specific name, as he had no specific name in the original movies and is simply referred to as The Dark Lord before becoming the emperor.

the titles:

Star Wars episode I: Guardians of the Republic

Star Wars episode II: The Fallen Knight

Star Wars episode III: Rise of the Rebellion

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 24 2011, 2:33 pm

I'd be interested in comparing stories, because I've altered the entire prequel.

Camorite

Report this Feb. 24 2011, 5:25 pm

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 24 2011, 5:56 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Can we keep Grievous? He's my favorite...

Grievous would've worked better if Palpatine's original apprentice had transitioned into the droid state over the three movies, and it would have been a foreshadow to Anakin.

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 24 2011, 6:00 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Feb. 24 2011, 5:25 pm

>first off, what does this have to do with Star Trek, and second i had no problem with the prequals with one exception, and that is that padme died at the end of the third one, when Leah tells luke in ROTJ that she knew their mother as a young child (of course she could have been refering to Bales wife too).

I didn't start the thread, so I can't answer that, but the prequels were highly flawed. I lost interest midway through ep 2 when Anakin told Padme that he killed women and children. I don't know any sane women who respond well to that, let alone marry the guy. And what kind of a Jedi carries around a purple glowstick?

Ali88, I hope your stories only allow for blue, green, and red lightsabers.

Camorite

Report this Feb. 25 2011, 3:03 pm

And what kind of a Jedi carries around a purple glowstick?

Ali88, I hope your stories only allow for blue, green, and red lightsabers.

Why, useing the same colors gets old after a while.

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 25 2011, 3:31 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Feb. 25 2011, 3:03 pm

>I lost interest midway through ep 2 when Anakin told Padme that he killed women and children

>Only guessing here, but its possible that Padme thought Anikan was overexagerating when he told her that, after all he had just lost his mother. But again this is just my interpretation of what i saw.

>And what kind of a Jedi carries around a purple glowstick?

>Mace Windu, thats who. () But serieously if you are familar with the SWEU the notion of multicolored lightsabers is not a new one in any way shape or form.

>Ali88, I hope your stories only allow for blue, green, and red lightsabers.

>Why, useing the same colors gets old after a while.

I find it hard to believe that she thought he was exaggerating. Anakin was very specific about his actions. All Padme could say was, "to be angry is to be human". A real, intelligent woman would have been jumping in her space ship to get away from the child killer. It's laughable in Ep III when Obi-Wan tells her that Anakin killed the younglings, and she responds, "no... he couldn't." He confessed a similar action one movie earlier. She was obviously not any wiser. Even though ROTJ suggested she didn't die so early, I was happy her character was done away with. I don't like stupidy in a character.

I don't really care about SWEU. I only pay attention to the original unmodified trilogy. Lightsabers have symbolism... red is hell, green is earthy, and blue is heavenly. That's why Jedi's have blue and green. Purple would be a combination of the lightside and darkside, which contradicts Yoda in TESB. Plus, Star Wars is very black & white/good & evil. And Mace Windu's glowstick is one of the many reasons why I started rooting for the Emporer. I think even Yoda recognized the need to start over.

And no, the same three colors don't get boring.

Camorite

Report this Feb. 25 2011, 4:00 pm

Sora

Report this Feb. 25 2011, 8:54 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>right this thread has really pissed me off as a die hard star wars fan i have no problem with the prequels they are fun great movies yes the phantom menace is the most flawed movie in the star wars saga but still i love to watch it and think the plot is fine and the fight scenes are great but multi colour light sabers are nothing new they is red green blue yellow purple orange etc. the star wars prequels do NOT need rebooting and your ideas for the prequels suck hard. there is nothing wrong with the name sith and out of all star wars movies revenge of the sith is my second favourite with the empire strikes back being my number 1. this thread just proves how bitter trekkies can be because they are jealous star wars is more popular and more accepted and more successful than star trek can ever hope to be so chew on that one. p.s attack of the clones could have been called rise of the clones as it suits it better.

While I don't personally care very much for Star Wars, I can agree with you that sometimes Trekkies are very bitter towards Star Wars. Not always, but sometimes. Just the way I feel, I love Star Trek, it makes me happy and that's all that counts. For me personally, Star Trek is extremely successful.

I think the only reason why Star Trek struggled isn't a quality issue, but a quantity issue. The more you add to a series or franchise, the less amount of people are going to bother with it. Because they will feel it's too much to watch or too much to keep up with.

And I think Star Trek 2009 proves this point. Because Star Trek 2009 was very successful, even though I honestly didn't feel it was as good as some of the other Trek films. It was because it had no ties to the rest of Trek and you could just jump right into it.

Since Star Wars hasn't really gone back and forth between the tv and the theater, it's easy to keep up with it. You just go watch the next film when it comes out.

Star Trek is more complicated than that, because of how massive it is.

But Star Wars has also been promoted more than Star Trek. And because Star Wars is more action, there's more kids who like Star Wars than Star Trek.

But I think if Star Trek was on a major network and was seriously promoted, it would be more successful. And I think the films will stay very successful so long as they stay strictly films and no tv series. As soon as another tv series starts, the next film will make less money. Because there's just too many people who don't want to be bothered with a tv series, because they think it's too much work.

In a nutshell, alot of people like Star Wars more, not because it's better, but because it's simple. No offense Borg Legacy.

Live Long and Prosper

Camorite

Report this Feb. 26 2011, 2:37 am

I wouldn't go that far legacy. SW has the same following as trek does, and to say that one is vastly more popular then another (in this case Wars over Trek) is, with all due respect, the same arrogance that you are claiming that die hard trek fans have in threads such as this one. Just try to remember in the future that this bitterness that you are talking about is a two way street, meaning that there are warsies that talk the same way about trek. for instance you are doing it here.

Camorite

Report this Feb. 26 2011, 2:41 am

Very true Sora, the mere existance of this thread is proof of that.

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 26 2011, 6:11 am

Quote: Camorite @ Feb. 25 2011, 4:00 pm

>Lightsabers have symbolism... red is hell, green is earthy, and blue is heavenly. That's why Jedi's have blue and green. Purple would be a combination of the lightside and darkside, which contradicts Yoda in TESB. Plus, Star Wars is very black & white/good & evil.

>First off how does it contradict Yoda, he never mentions anything about lightsabers, and second there is not three colors anymore, so you can either accept it or get over it.

Multiple points exist with the lightsaber. In the special features section of EP II, Lucas specifically tells S. Jackson that the good guys have blue and green, badguys have red, but Jackson still requests his be purple. In TESB, Yoda says, "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." Explanations for this have varied, and either relate to kyber crystals or Mace Windu's ability to channel the dark side. The latter would be the condraction, and I freely admit that "the contradiction" is based on a more literal interpretation. But as Sora pointed out, Star Wars is simple in that it focuses on action and doesn't ask much from its audience, so it leans towards a literal nature. But Lucas seemed to back away from what symbolism did exist by demystifying the Force with metachlorians and purple glowsticks.

And I chose the third unoffered choice of alternative story speculation. But if it makes you happy, Lucas' latest trilogy can coincide with his special edition version of Episodes 4, 5, & 6. I want a story that better fits the unaltered original trilogy, because that's the only one I care about.

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 26 2011, 6:21 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

BorgLegacy, I suggest watching the redlettermedia's reviews of Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Confused Matthew's critiques are good too, as both explain the problems in great detail.

Even though "Phantom..." was mediocre at best, it was drastically better than "...Clones" & "Revenge...". I at least cared for the characters in "Phantom...". Half way through "Clones..." I stopped caring for the characters and just wanted them to start be killed off. A friend and I even gave a standing ovation for the death of the Jedi in "Revenge...". However, as bad as those films were, Abrams' 2009 movie and James Cameron's "Avatard" made them look like the Lord of the Rings...  So, I admit, they could have been worse.

Treknoir

Report this Feb. 26 2011, 11:28 am

1) Trekkies are gonna have a fit about this thread.

2) Keep Darth Maul and Mace Windu. Everything else can go.

3) Love (ack) made Padme blind. She clearly didn't believe (or chose not to) Anakin the first time and was straight up in denial since she was pregnant the second time he wilded out on innocents. Let's not act like we don't know people who are blind to their partner's stupid/dangerous/weird behavior. Although, killing innocents would make me run far away.

Camorite

Report this Feb. 26 2011, 1:03 pm

Ok, i will have to check that out, but if you think about it, Lucas is contradicting himself here as he, having signed off on any and all written publications that are made for Star Wars, has already acknowledged that lightsabers can be more then just three colors. Maybe he should have been less concerned about the royalties and more about maintaining canon if he wanted to keep the three color system.

Thats your big evidence lostshaker? though you are right that it is open for interpretation, if you got something about lightsaber colors from that then, with all due respect, "Nuts you are!" (i know not exactly the way Yoda would have said it, but oh well).

And that is your choice, but if you are going to debate star wars, as much as i hate to admit it, you have to take into consideration episodes 1-3 and the UE.