The Counter-Clock Incident

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 24 2011, 11:42 am

When the 1701 latches on to a ship travelling at warp 36 it is pulled in to an alternate universe where time runs backwards.Although the crew befriend an inhabitent of the alternate universe who may be able to help,they also discover that they are growing younger by the minute.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 7:51 pm

okay - how in the world is the crew getting younger and losing their knowledge, but they still know what their goal is?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 07 2011, 5:47 pm

Something that I thought of today - reminded me of Mork & Mindy - the old people are the kids and the younger ones are the seniors.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 08 2011, 9:42 am

Yes that was an odd show. I personally love the part that Mr and Mrs April somehow are eager to give up their new found youth and be old again. Yeah that'll happen.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Mattylad1979

Report this Mar. 11 2011, 3:59 am

Hey all,

For all it's strangeness, this was actually one of my favourite episodes of TAS. It's great we finally got to meet Robert April (as well as introduced to his wife Sarah) and gave us a little bit of screen time for him.

Take care,

Mattylad1979

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 7:10 am

It was nice to meet the Captain, and the concept of a "counter" universe was interesting. I also like the idea of unlimited Warp Speed. That was cool.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

whatsthisrubbish

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 8:34 pm

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Mar. 14 2011, 9:42 pm

He was OLDER than the rest. So he would have been a child when others were babies

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

captainharder

Report this Mar. 21 2011, 11:02 am

Quote: whatsthisrubbish @ Mar. 14 2011, 8:34 pm

>this ep showed how slow spock really grew - when they were all babys he was a child. does that mean he is older then they all are?

Considering the Vulcan life-span, yes. Spock IS older than the rest of the crew.

I am neither important enough to hold for ransom, nor radical enough to be considered dangerous. I am a simple public servant.

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 16 2011, 9:27 am

Quote: captainharder @ Mar. 21 2011, 11:02 am

Quote: whatsthisrubbish @ Mar. 14 2011, 8:34 pm

By ST09, Spock and Kirk are nearly the same age.

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 16 2011, 9:27 am

75 is mandatory retirement age. Mrs April was on the first warp drive ship?

Warp 36!?!  How do they even track something that fast?  If they tractor something like that, wouldn’t it tear the ship apart, especially when the E gets up to warp 22?  Then they travel across the galaxy in the backwards universe; I guess you can do that at warp 22.

So stupid that the Aprils wouldn’t accept their rejuvenated bodies because they have no regrets.  Just because they were young again doesn’t mean they erased their lives together.  This entire episode had an interesting plot and it was cool to include Robert April but it was poorly executed with too many things that made no sense.  Cool episode for kids maybe, but probably among the worst for adults with too many things not making any sense.

A pretty weak way to end TAS and TOS except for it somewhat canonizing Robert April.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this May. 16 2011, 6:43 pm

I  really liked this one.the episodes that flesh out pre TOS are usually my favorites.

In the TOS episode where Captain Christopher is taken aboard and it turns out his son will be on a Mars mission.

This TAS where we see the first Captain of the Enterprise

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 17 2011, 5:10 am

Maybe it would have been silly to make the Aprils young again as it would be TOO similar to what happened to Pike though that was an illusion for Pike.

CaptPapa

Report this May. 17 2011, 5:16 pm

I think the conclusion that Robert and Sarah April did not want to be young again, is metaphorical; in that they were happy with their lives and saw no need to relive it.

As a youngster, I probably would agree with several here that are . . . skeptical of that idea.

However, now as I approach senior citizenship myself, and having been married nearly 36 years, I honestly say that I would not care to go backward - I'm very happy and satified with my live as it is.

ME

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 18 2011, 5:04 am

But if you are that satisfied, why not enjoy more time and youth together.  Too many people think that life is defined by old age and death, that without that creeping shadow of mortality life would lose meaning.  I don't like stories that teach life is defined death.